+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 14151617181920212223242526 LastLast

Thread: *Dancing With the Stars Season 12 (Spring) Spoilers & Speculation*

Re: *Dancing With the Stars Season 12 (Spring) Spoilers & Speculation*

Anybody want to start guessing which songs will be used for Guilty Pleasures Week? Since we know that MMMBop is the standard, I'm going to suggest a samba to "Wannabe" (Spice Girls, shoutout to MelB!), and something by Air Supply (and Barry Manilow) is a must. Trying to figure out which of the dance styles being performed will fit the theme from Titanic though. Oh, and a VW to "You Light Up My Life".
    Last edited by ironcat; 04-23-2011 at 01:36 PM.

FORT Fogey

karalott
    The show isn't kidding when they say this is "guilty pleasures" week. Looks like the FF/mute button will get a workout this week for me.
    Yep and I use it liberally as it is.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by KrazeeKy07 View Post
    Argentine Tango is definitely one of my favorite dances! I have loved it ever snice Gilles nailed it back in his season!

I can see Kendra doing well with the Samba, since she likes to shake it...hopefully her attitude imrpoves.

I'm excited for next week!
    People can praise Derek's ability to choreograph ATs all they want, but no one has ever brought the heat to the AT that Cheryl did with Gilles.

Just read somewhere that Maks revealed they will be dancing their samba to Britney Spears, "Hit Me Baby One More Time". But no schoolgirl outfit for Kirstie, thank goodness. Not sure I'm crazy about this music for a samba, but we'll see.

FORT Newbie

I'm a HUGE Hanson fan (seriously, it borders on obsessive) so I am so beyond excited for this. I know most people think it's a horrible idea, but I've been dying for this since Season 1!

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    I'm a HUGE Hanson fan (seriously, it borders on obsessive) so I am so beyond excited for this. I know most people think it's a horrible idea, but I've been dying for this since Season 1!
    I was a huge fan back in the day (when most everyone else loved NSync and BSB; I liked them, too, but Hanson was for me). Them and the Spice Girls. So I'm really excited to see them bust out MMMBop after all these years. I'm sure they feel just as cheesy doing it

Chelsie tweeted she and Romeo are dancing the waltz, so we have our line up for tomorrow night, dance wise. No idea on the order yet. On Tuesday there's going to be a special recap episode/Road to the Finals on at 8 pm before the results show, which Hanson will be performing in yet again. A lot of entertainment going on this week.

Only missing Hines, but here's the dance styles for this week:

Romeo: samba
    Ralph: quick step
    Chelsea: paso doble
    Kirstie: jive
    Kendra: tango

All of them will have the team cha cha competition.

ABC's press release says the guest judge will be Donnie Burns (wonder if he'll put our judges to shame or be quick with the 10 paddle).

The show is celebrating "Ballroom Greats Week".

Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    Only missing Hines, but here's the dance styles for this week:

Romeo: samba
    Ralph: quick step
    Chelsea: paso doble
    Kirstie: jive
    Kendra: tango

All of them will have the team cha cha competition.

ABC's press release says the guest judge will be Donnie Burns (wonder if he'll put our judges to shame or be quick with the 10 paddle).

The show is celebrating "Ballroom Greats Week".
    Hines and Kym will be performing the Tango.

Some more scoop: Shirley Ballas (Mark's mom, which I guess means he won't be going anywhere again this week and may get a perfect score) and Luca Baricchi will be coaching the teams for the cha cha. That should be interesting. I wonder if having coaches for team dances will be a permanent thing now, as they did last season for the 200th episode.

I actually thought Hines did a decent job with his VW this week, but I feel like latin has been his stronger suit. I hope he does a good job with the tango; I thought Chris would nail it but that didn't turn out so well. However, I think that was party due to Cheryl's choreography. Of the group, I feel like Kirstie, Romeo, and possibly Kendra and Ralph will have a rough time. Louis had said his dances were between the tango or paso and he was hoping for the paso. I think Kendra might have done better with that selection. She also seems to do better in latin than ballroom, but the tango is different.

Since we had 10s last week I'm betting on someone getting a perfect score this week.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    Since we had 10s last week I'm betting on someone getting a perfect score this week.
    IMO I don't think anyone at this point deserves one 10 and certaintly not a perfect score. Sure there are a couple of the celebs that are good but not that good. Again, IMO...
    Last edited by Arielflies; 05-02-2011 at 04:30 PM.
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

+ Reply to Thread