+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1314151617181920212223242526 LastLast

Thread: *Dancing With the Stars Season 12 (Spring) Spoilers & Speculation*

Re: *Dancing With the Stars Season 12 (Spring) Spoilers & Speculation*

I DO NOT LIKE having so many different styles in one night. Why not go back to 2 a week like they used to?

I think Kirstie could do well on the samba because she's got "attitude" and the sexiness down. Now if she can just shake her bootie! Come to think of it, Kendra might do well also with the samba because she can shake her bootie for SURE!

Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    For "Guilty Pleasures Week" () the dance assignments so far are:

Quickstep: Chelsea/Mark (probably with rule breaking)
    Viennese Waltz: Hines/Kym
    Tango: Chris/Cheryl
    Paso Doble: Ralph/Karina
    Samba: Kendra/Louis, Kirstie/Maks

Unknown is Romeo. Glad that we're seeing the tango, and hopefully AT, this season, but I still think their assignment of dances week by week are messed up this season. I think it could be a really good week. Depending how rebel Chelsea/Mark decide to go, and if the judges let them get away with it, then they could do very well. I think we could be seeing 10s this week. The only 2 I see struggling are the samba couples.
    Very interesting dance assignments. From the looks of it, the show is definitely positioning certain dancers now for a shot the finals, namely Hines and Chris. As for who they want to cut next week, they've not been kind to Ralph; but the Paso is all about character/acting, so he'll probably make it through. I do find it interesting that they're going to throw Kirstie up against Kendra for the samba. Kirstie has had a few easier weeks in terms of stamina. Sadly, she has some of the more energetic dances--samba, jive, paso--in her future. Aside from that, she'll also have two dances to perform.

Of the remaining contenders, I'm not sure if Kirstie will make it much farther based on the high intensity of upcoming dances. I hope that she can!

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by veg_out View Post
    Very interesting dance assignments. From the looks of it, the show is definitely positioning certain dancers now for a shot the finals, namely Hines and Chris. As for who they want to cut next week, they've not been kind to Ralph; but the Paso is all about character/acting, so he'll probably make it through. I do find it interesting that they're going to throw Kirstie up against Kendra for the samba. Kirstie has had a few easier weeks in terms of stamina. Sadly, she has some of the more energetic dances--samba, jive, paso--in her future. Aside from that, she'll also have two dances to perform.

Of the remaining contenders, I'm not sure if Kirstie will make it much farther based on the high intensity of upcoming dances. I hope that she can!
    I think Kirstie is hanging in there as best she can and has inspired a lot of people by how well she's been doing (especially given their mishaps). I do agree, though, that I think those dances you mentioned she may struggle on. It's why I was hoping she could have had the samba this past week and get it out of the way. I think she would have been fine, even if the dance tanked. I think she'll put on a good performance, and Maks will likely try to choreograph something she can handle. Whether it'll be enough or if she can master the steps we'll see. I think she'll be safe this week. At this point I think Kirstie could be the sentimental final 4 finisher, just missing the finals.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if the show tries to hype a Chris/Chelsea (translation: Cheryl/Mark) final 2. Cheryl, Mark, and Kym are the only champions and Cheryl and Mark have each won twice. They may try and play up one of them winning a third time. Not to say I don't think, from what I've seen, that Chris isn't deserving of the win. He's been a very pleasant surprise this season, not at all what I was expecting either dance or attitude wise. I think he and Cheryl are one of the many partnerships this season that compliment each other so well. What a natural. Chelsea, if only she wasn't with Mark, I could possibly get behind her. I do think the final 3 could likely be Chelsea (watch for the last girl standing boasting), Chris, and Hines. I don't feel like Ralph and Romeo are getting the judges love and will probably be among the next to go. I adore Ralph, but I feel like something is starting to slip compared to his previous performances. I don't know what, but he could surprise and sneak in there. Not sure if I see him making the finals. If Kendra turns her attitude around, that might help, though I think she's likely alienated any neutral party that may have voted for her.
    I DO NOT LIKE having so many different styles in one night. Why not go back to 2 a week like they used to?

I think Kirstie could do well on the samba because she's got "attitude" and the sexiness down. Now if she can just shake her bootie! Come to think of it, Kendra might do well also with the samba because she can shake her bootie for SURE!
    I don't get it this season. Starting week 3 we were already seeing repeat dances. Chris is the only one next week who has a dance style no one else has had yet. I really don't like it. I can't believe they lost the rights to the salsa, mambo, charleston, and whatever else they used to have. Maybe they just don't care how many dance styles they use. If they were going to get rid of a dance, or scale back how often it's used, I wish it was the rumba Kendra may have a lot of fun with this dance, as it fits her personality to a tee. However, I see the possibility of her breaking down due to expectation. I think Hines, Chris, and probably Chelsea will have the best week. Even if Chelsea breaks the rules. Since Mark is dancing to Pia on the results show, I'm sure they're going to get tons of hype from the judges Monday (even if they break the rules that other couples got dinged for in the past), and maybe even the encore Tuesday.

I can't believe they lost the rights to the salsa, mambo, charleston, and whatever else they used to have. Maybe they just don't care how many dance styles they use.
    kara, what does the bolded mean? I didn't think that anyone had "rights" to dances.

Quote Originally Posted by veg_out View Post
    kara, what does the bolded mean? I didn't think that anyone had "rights" to dances.
    No, that was me just wondering aloud why the show isn't using more dance styles, and thinking it's not like they could lose rights to them (because, as you said, no one has rights to any particular dance style). Choreography and certain dances maybe I know they haven't had the mambo since season 7 I believe, and the salsa was short lived. But it'd be nice to get more of a mix in here rather than what we have. Especially having everyone more on the same playing field in terms of doing the same dance styles.

No, that was me just wondering aloud why the show isn't using more dance styles, and thinking it's not like they could lose rights to them (because, as you said, no one has rights to any particular dance style). Choreography and certain dances maybe I know they haven't had the mambo since season 7 I believe, and the salsa was short lived. But it'd be nice to get more of a mix in here rather than what we have. Especially having everyone more on the same playing field in terms of doing the same dance styles.
    I'm wondering if this will be the first season without an Argentine Tango since they added it in season 8. I can't see them not doing it, it has become so popular. Then again, Derek used to come up with the most killer AT routines -- maybe without him around they're taking a season off from the AT as well.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Love the Argentine Tango! It's one of my favorite dances. They could get rid of the rumba (the skanky dance of poses) as far as I'm concerned if they feel they don't have room for it.

Argentine Tango is definitely one of my favorite dances! I have loved it ever snice Gilles nailed it back in his season!

I can see Kendra doing well with the Samba, since she likes to shake it...hopefully her attitude imrpoves.

I'm excited for next week!
    Keep your feet on the ground, when your heads in the clouds!

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff View Post
    I'm wondering if this will be the first season without an Argentine Tango since they added it in season 8. I can't see them not doing it, it has become so popular. Then again, Derek used to come up with the most killer AT routines -- maybe without him around they're taking a season off from the AT as well.
    I think Maks can put together a pretty good AT as well I love the AT. Probably my favorite dance style, especially considering some of the doozies they've added over the last few seasons.

Kendra may have another good week. Depending on whether the judges want her around another week they may overcompensate, but I think she's really a good dancer and may be able to handle the choreography. Aside from her rumba I've pretty much enjoyed all her dances so far. The samba character is right up Kendra's alley. Kirstie has a ton of confidence and carries herself through the dances well. She may do well, although dance wise I'd put her middle of the pack. She probably has the fan base (along with Maks) to get her through.

‘Dancing With the Stars’ lines up New Kids on the Block, Backstreet Boys, Hanson, Pia Toscano, ‘Rock of Ages’ cast – The TV Guy – Orlando Sentinel

‘Dancing With the Stars’ lines up New Kids on the Block, Backstreet Boys, Hanson, Pia Toscano, ‘Rock of Ages’ cast
    ABC, American Idol, Dancing With the Stars, WFTV — posted by halboedeker on April, 22 2011 3:38 PM

ABC is looking for extra ratings power from “Dancing With the Stars” next week. Here’s how:

1. The dance contest will feature Hanson singing “MmmBop” during Monday’s performance show at 8 p.m. The theme is “Guilty Pleasures Night,” and the seven couples will perform a Latin or ballroom style to what the network calls “a musical guilty pleasure.” Translation: a song nobody wants to admit liking.

2. Derek Hough, who isn’t on this year’s show, puts in a guest appearance on “Better With You.” It airs at 9:30 p.m. Monday right after “Dancing.” Hough plays a dance instructor. Larry King also has a cameo.

3. ABC will offer a live “Dancing With the Stars” special at 8 p.m. Tuesday. It’s called “The Road to the Finals” and will feature the celebrities, judges and ”Dancing” alumni sounding off. Hanson will perform “Give a Little.” Also performing will be the cast of “Rock of Ages,” which features Constantine Maroulis of “American Idol” and Rebecca Faulkenberry.

4. The “Dancing” results show will follow at 9 p.m. Tuesday on WFTV-Channel 9. New Kids On the Block/Backstreet Boys will perform “Don’t Turn Out the Lights.” Pia Toscano of “American Idol” will sing “I’ll Stand by You” as pros Mark Ballas and Karina Smirnoff dance. The Macy’s Stars of Dance segment will celebrate the Royal Wedding of Prince William and Kate Middleton.

How do you like all that “Dancing With the Stars”?
    The show isn't kidding when they say this is "guilty pleasures" week. Looks like the FF/mute button will get a workout this week for me.

+ Reply to Thread