+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 26 FirstFirst ... 121314151617181920212223242526 LastLast

Thread: *Dancing With the Stars Season 12 (Spring) Spoilers & Speculation*

FORT Fogey

Re: *Dancing With the Stars Season 12 (Spring) Spoilers & Speculation*

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere View Post
    I haven't yet voted this season.
    However, in the past when I have, it was based strictly on the star and not the pro.
    I think it's quite unfair to vote for the pro, as many people do, simply because people feel that person "deserves" the win. Many people, also, hold it against the pro when they feel that pro may have already won too many times.
    I find that totally ludicrous, as well.
    I agree, leave the pro out. Go ahead and vote your favorite even if they are not the best dancer. I am all for that. Kirsty has my votes. I adore this woman. She is decent but is not the best by a long shot. The pro is not part of the contest.

Having said that, ironcat is right on. Vote any old way you want. This is a game and TV entertainment. It is all for the shear fun of it. Who cares!? Well, some do, but how does that serve you? Knots in your stomach? Fury at posters who dont share your view? Nah, not worth it. I love reality TV.

Fair is a strange word and means nothing outside of giving children the same sized piece of cake or equal numbers of presents on xmas. Well, at least until they get the value of technology vs legos.

Forgive me for asking this because I am sure it has been answered many times, but who decides what dances the contestants will be performing each Monday? Thanks.

If it is TPTB what is their formula when assigning the dances to these contestants? Is it calculated or the luck of the draw?
    "Treat others the way you want to be treated."

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by Love_Me View Post
    Forgive me for asking this because I am sure it has been answered many times, but who decides what dances the contestants will be performing each Monday? Thanks.

If it is TPTB what is their formula when assigning the dances to these contestants? Is it calculated or the luck of the draw?
    I think the producers are the ones who assign the dances. In the finale usually, sometimes the couples can pick a dance style they want to re-do. Otherwise, I think it's all the producers doing. Usually the first two weeks they get a latin and ballroom style out of the gate; after that, I've seen some couples go 4 weeks doing nothing but the latin style or ballroom. I guess it depends how bad they want them around and what they think will help them.

This could be a make or break for Kendra this week. Petra may surprise. Since it's classical week, even though she and Dmitry said the song they're doing isn't a technical paso song (but what is on this show?), she might get something she can work with. Her problem may be more finding the character. Dmitry's only ever done one paso on this show, and it reminded me too much of Mel/Maks's. I'm worried most for Romeo, but this could be a break out week for him. I think Hines and Chris will nail their dances. Even if they don't get the technical steps, I think Kym and Cheryl's choreography, not to mention getting into character, will be hard to beat. I'm sure Ralph will turn in something beautiful, hopefully something the judges can like. And Kirstie will probably get redeemed this week.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    I think the producers are the ones who assign the dances. In the finale usually, sometimes the couples can pick a dance style they want to re-do. Otherwise, I think it's all the producers doing. Usually the first two weeks they get a latin and ballroom style out of the gate; after that, I've seen some couples go 4 weeks doing nothing but the latin style or ballroom. I guess it depends how bad they want them around and what they think will help them.

This could be a make or break for Kendra this week. Petra may surprise. Since it's classical week, even though she and Dmitry said the song they're doing isn't a technical paso song (but what is on this show?), she might get something she can work with. Her problem may be more finding the character. Dmitry's only ever done one paso on this show, and it reminded me too much of Mel/Maks's. I'm worried most for Romeo, but this could be a break out week for him. I think Hines and Chris will nail their dances. Even if they don't get the technical steps, I think Kym and Cheryl's choreography, not to mention getting into character, will be hard to beat. I'm sure Ralph will turn in something beautiful, hopefully something the judges can like. And Kirstie will probably get redeemed this week.

Thank you so much karalott for taking the time to explain this to me!
    "Treat others the way you want to be treated."

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere View Post
    I haven't yet voted this season.
    However, in the past when I have, it was based strictly on the star and not the pro.
    I think it's quite unfair to vote for the pro, as many people do, simply because people feel that person "deserves" the win. Many people, also, hold it against the pro when they feel that pro may have already won too many times.
    I find that totally ludicrous, as well.

Quote Originally Posted by ironcat View Post
    Nothing about this show is fair. And since everything about voting on this show is subjective, from likability to entertainment value to chemistry, and to some extent even ability and improvement, one person's "ludicrous" is another's "perfectly justified". C'est la vie.
    All of these statements sound so good. <sigh> Nevertheless, as fantastic a choreographer as he is, Derek just cannot be allowed to win every time he is a pro on this show.
    Life is NOT fair...sometimes we have to help it a little bit.
    Take my advice. I am not using it.

Kirstie/Maks are going last tonight (with the waltz). I heard Romeo/Chelsie are going first, dancing the paso.

Here's the dance line up for next week's All-American theme:

Samba: Chelsea/Mark (I can see Bruno drooling know, and Mark overshadowing his partner yet again-hopefully we don't see 10s for these 2), Ralph/Karina
    Quickstep: Petra/Dmitry
    Foxtrot: Kendra/Louis, Kirstie/Maks (hopefully with no mishaps), Romeo/Chelsie
    VW: Chris/Cheryl
    Rumba: Hines/Kym

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie View Post
    I agree, leave the pro out. Go ahead and vote your favorite even if they are not the best dancer. I am all for that. Kirsty has my votes. I adore this woman. She is decent but is not the best by a long shot. The pro is not part of the contest.
    This show is not a Dance Competition. It's much more of a popularity contest, both with the judges & the viewers.
    It's supposed to be about watching the pros teach the stars & us watching the stars improve. But with varying ages, dance experience & fame, it's just never going to be fair.

I say vote for the star you want to continue watching, for whatever reason you choose.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Time to Come Back, Boys Arielflies's Avatar

All American Night coming up? Yikes. This just gives Mark the excuse to dress as a WW1 Doughboy (complete with spats) and put Chelsea in a Red Cross uniform. Is it going to be military inspired for the whole show? From the promo with "Lieutenant" Len, it just might be.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

For "Guilty Pleasures Week" () the dance assignments so far are:

Quickstep: Chelsea/Mark (probably with rule breaking)
    Viennese Waltz: Hines/Kym
    Tango: Chris/Cheryl
    Paso Doble: Ralph/Karina
    Samba: Kendra/Louis, Kirstie/Maks

Unknown is Romeo. Glad that we're seeing the tango, and hopefully AT, this season, but I still think their assignment of dances week by week are messed up this season. I think it could be a really good week. Depending how rebel Chelsea/Mark decide to go, and if the judges let them get away with it, then they could do very well. I think we could be seeing 10s this week. The only 2 I see struggling are the samba couples.

+ Reply to Thread