4th: Petra (3404)
    5th: Romeo (3405)
    6th: Sugar Ray (3406)
    7th: Kendra (3407)
    8th: Ralph (3408)
    9th: Chris (3409)
    10th: Mike (3410)
    11th: Kirstie (3411)

To touch on a few points above: if a ratings decline is what the sacrifice is for not having someone at the level of Bristol or Kate, I'll take it. I doubt they'll dip that low, but if they do, I figure we'll be back to seeing some loon for season 13 Eventually, that'll even backfire on the show. In fact, there's usually good reasons why they went down before. Season 9, there were 16 couples (way too many), and it seemed pretty obvious Donny was going to win. I hope there's no ringers or anyone that could pass for a pro by week 3 this time, or that it does seem obvious they're targetting anyone for the win. The season 10 finale, it was obvious Nicole had it in the bag (long before then). Last season I figured was Jennifer's to lose. Bristol was good for ratings, but she wasn't going to win. The producers wouldn't risk that. I'm glad they took a more low key road this season. I do hope this season is exciting and unpredictable, and that the judges tone back their favoritism (especially Miss Carrie Ann). It's gotten a little crazy the last few seasons for someone to get a pass for clomping around the floor while someone who is 100x better gets dinged on the smallest thing, or someone like Nicole and Mya wowing the judges as though they learned to dance like that overnight. In regards to the freestyle round, that round is more overhyped and a bit of a let down for me season after season. I wouldn't care if they scraped it. I can't really say I've enjoyed any of Mark or Derek's. The one Mark did with Shawn was a little too energetic at first for my liking. At first it didn't seem like he and Shawn were in sync with each other. To me, a big splash and a lot of fancy lifts is dull. It's why the ones I usually enjoyed the most were choreographed by Julianne, Cheryl (with Drew and Emmitt), and Kym. Something about them were just right. Karina had a good one with Mario as well.
    Last edited by karalott; 03-21-2011 at 12:52 PM.

Re: *Dancing With the Stars Season 12 (Spring) Spoilers & Speculation*

I could be wrong about this, but I seem to recall that the pros always have the same number. When I used to vote, I voted for Cheryl quite often and I believe her number was the same from season to season. I also believe that the number stays the same within a season regardless of the dancing order.

Have they listed the official phone numbers anywhere yet? I could certainly be remembering incorrectly.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    I could be wrong about this, but I seem to recall that the pros always have the same number. When I used to vote, I voted for Cheryl quite often and I believe her number was the same from season to season. I also believe that the number stays the same within a season regardless of the dancing order.

Have they listed the official phone numbers anywhere yet? I could certainly be remembering incorrectly.
    These are the numbers that the celebs/pros have been tweeting. The ending digits represent where they go the first night, but other than that, the order gets mixed up every other week but the numbers stay the same whether their number is 01 and they go 9th. They've never stayed the same for the pros as far as I can remember

Since I feel like Chelsea's one of the front runners, I wonder if she'll get the traditional lowball score the 'first on the floor' usually get, and if they did that on purpose.

I live on the WC.
    In prior seasons, all we got on our local news shows was talk / interviews with the contestants. We have had next to none, thus far.
    Perhaps, as time goes by, we'll get more.
    I am going to watch tonight because I do like to see dancing and I do want to give the show a try.
    However, this is probably the first season that I'm not even into ordering tickets to see the show.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post

Anna's number with Evan was different than it was with Kurt.
    "We were just going to do whatever it took to win."--Texas Longhorn Quarterback Colt McCoy

I'm beyond excited for tonight! I think it'll be a great season and an exciting premiere because for once, you have no idea what to really expect form any of these contestants!
    Keep your feet on the ground, when your heads in the clouds!

Just curious: Is anyone voting simply because they like the pro and not for the celebrity? Which pros do you like best?
    "We were just going to do whatever it took to win."--Texas Longhorn Quarterback Colt McCoy

Quote Originally Posted by bevorules View Post
    Just curious: Is anyone voting simply because they like the pro and not for the celebrity? Which pros do you like best?
    I don't dislike any of the current pros. The one I used to dislike was Karina, but I think she's changed in the past season or two. I did not like tall Anna, the girl that won the contest to become a pro a few seasons ago and lasted only one season.

If I have to pick, my two favorite females are Cheryl and Kym and males would be Maks and Louis.

Least favorite male, I guess, would be Mark. I don't really have a least favorite female any more. I like them all.

To answer the first question, I don't base my vote on the pro, only on the celebrity.
    Last edited by Florimel; 03-30-2011 at 03:40 PM.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by bevorules View Post
    I can't say that I'd completely vote only for the pro. If I hated their celeb, they wouldn't get my vote just because. However, sometimes their celeb is unoffensive and I'll throw votes their way at first more for the pro, and to hopefully learn to like their celeb (usually I know nothing about their partner in these cases). My favorite current pros on the show are Maks (my must have every season -only thing that would make my viewing better is if his younger brother joined the show); Tony, Anna, Kym, Chelsie, and Louis. I have nothing against Dmitry, he's just not for me. I find him dull, not a very good teacher/choreographer (didn't like the jive or outfits he did for Petra's routine this week), and there's something else there that just bugs. I can't quite put my finger on it. Mark and Lacey I can't stand. Cheryl I used to love and adore everything she did. But I've found her boring and a tad entitled. And I don't think her choreography is what it used to be. Karina I'm also not a fan of, but I do enjoy her dancing and choreography. It doesn't pain me to vote for Ralph with her, as it would if her were partnered with Lacey. I do miss Edyta, Alec, and Jonathan, who've moved on from the show I do hope to see Damian back in the future.

Next week is story week on the show, and we have 3 dance styles: the samba, paso, and VW. So far, Hines has the samba, Sugar Ray the paso, and Petra the VW. Seems like a good fit for all of them so far.

My fave pros are: Mark (but not when he veers away from the dance basics), Tony, Anna T, Jonathan, and Cheryl
    My least favorite pros are: Maks (though he seems to have mellowed a bit with Kirstie and is letting her shine), Karina (again, mellowing though in her case since engagement to the baseball player), Derek, and Lacey.
    I am luke warm about Chelsie, Kym, Louis, Dmitry, Anna D.
    I miss Jonathan, Edyta and Alec.

I have never voted for the Pro, though, only the celeb. I was just curious and hoping to steer conversation away from more controversial topics.

+ Reply to Thread