+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: *Dancing With the Stars Season 12 (Spring) Spoilers & Speculation*

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: *Dancing With the Stars Season 12 (Spring) Spoilers & Speculation*

I didn't watch CA, so I wouldn't know Maria from someone on the street. But I did watch BB with Rachel. That's all I need to know for me to hope this is a rumor spread by herself

Per DWTS Gossip on twitter, the new season will premiere on March 21st. Nothing official from ABC yet, but something may come next week when they do upfronts for the spring. We might hear of any changes and number of couples (hopefully they keep it at 11 or 12). For season 10, the cast was announced in March during the Bachelor finale, but if they decide not to do that tie in, it'll probably be announce sometime late Feb. (a month is usually typical). Which means we'll probably start hearing more rumors throughout this month and next. For season 10, only 4 names leaked that I can recall turned out to be accurate (Pamela, Buzz, Chad, and Kate). Season 11 was completely spoiled, except for Kyle. No hints from any of the pros yet whether they'll be taking the season off without the show giving them a temporary boot.

EVERY reality cast member from the last couple of Bachelor and Bachelorette are begging fans to vote for them to be on DWTS. Maybe a call was put out Wes, Deanna, Tenley, Ali, Jenni, Gia, Natalie, ...
    "Know that you are not the master of your days, but the pioneer of their purpose"
    "My policy: no stone throwing regardless of housing situation." moanamarie
    "well, I am on the right side of the grass." brad womack
    "Create your future.You are not a victim of the world but the hero of your own life"

Please...NOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooo ...
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

It seems wannabe C/D list hoofers asking (or begging) their fans to flood ABC with requests for them to be on the show isn't all that unusual. Two rumored celebs, soap star Colleen Zenk and Ozzy Osbourne band member Zakk Wylde were asking fans to write ABC on their behalf. There's a feature on the site that asks fans to come up with wish lists for who they want on next season, and last I looked, a lot of the same names popped up over and over again. I guess some celebs fans are desperate. I don't know, assuming that actually works, if the celeb in question should feel honored or even more ashamed that they have to beg to be on a dance show that may or may not jump start their career and has had people such as Kate and Bristol clomp across their floor. For the love of reality Gods, I pray that no crossovers from any reality shows (especially The Bachelor franchise) wind up on next season. But I wouldn't put it past ABC. Good TV to network producers doesn't typically seem to be on the same page as everyone else. I only saw clips of some of those people, but I remember them as being obnoxious. They'll probably go the way of Jake than Melissa. Please ABC, Bristol and Kate back to back was enough. I'd be willing to tolerate Derek getting Janet Jackson as a partner and winning another trophy than I would watching one of those famewhores.

Is that Ali as in bachelorette Ali? I thought she said she didn't want to do the show And Jenni as in the girl (one of them) current bachelor Brad didn't pick? Maybe she wants people to actually remember her; most clips I've seen profiling the new season have them refer to her as Jenni whoever but remember Deanna

ETA: Here's the link on ABC's website. From the last time I saw it, it looks like they organized into indivdual categories. After the uproar last season, maybe they figure they can blame the audience if this cast bombs for next season. I never liked to think of this show jumping the shark, but I get more afraid each season to see who winds up being cast.

ABC.com - Dancing with the Stars - Cast The Next Season
    Last edited by karalott; 01-10-2011 at 04:00 AM.

Some more casting rumors for season 12:

PhillyBurbs.com: *Can a "Biggest Loser" make it on "Dancing With the Stars"?

Amanda Arlauskas, from The Biggest Loser, is trying to start a facebook campaign to get her on the show. I'm not sure what to make of the feature on the website "cast DWTS season 12" but I don't think it's anything serious, just for fun. Needless to say, the author of this article asks people to cast their vote for Amanda.

Cue the Sequins: Is Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett Bunny Hopping Over to Dancing With the Stars? - E! Online

Kendra would get my vote I think she'd be a lot of fun to watch. I do hope that the cast doesn't have the majority of reality show has beens or personalities, though, even though I'd set Kendra apart from those who've been on the competition shows on NBC/CBS/ABC.

And I've heard actress Mische Barton is campaigning to get on the new season as well. So far, Kendra is the only name I can get excited about.

They've really got to try and minimize the number of reality stars in their casts -- it just brings down the class level of the show.

Of course the reality types want to do the show, for most of them it's a huge step up. The point of the show is to watch established stars who aren't dancers, not fame-grabbing wannabee personalities who hope to be stars one day.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;4147348;
    They've really got to try and minimize the number of reality stars in their casts -- it just brings down the class level of the show.

Of course the reality types want to do the show, for most of them it's a huge step up. The point of the show is to watch established stars who aren't dancers, not fame-grabbing wannabee personalities who hope to be stars one day.
    Not that it's really a bright side, but at least ABC wouldn't go beyond casting Bachelor/ette rejects or someone from an E!/MTV/VH-1 reality show. At least I don't think they'd cast a reality show has been from a competing network like ABC or CBS. With Miss America being back on ABC, some people are wondering if any former titleholders might show up on the roster. I doubt the current titleholder could devote any time to the show, even though I think she'd last as long as the two other beauty queens we've had on this show. I can't really recall any Miss America's who've gone on to have well established entertainment careers, besides dethroned beauty queen Vanessa Williams.

I would think casting reality types is probably cheaper for the network, and easier to get them to sign on, for the reasons you say. Even a few weeks, and potentially causing drama might get their foot in the door somewhere, even for a short time. Despite being hopeful the Kendra rumor is true, I'd be just as content not having anyone with the reality show label on next season, but I doubt that will happen. ABC devoted a section of fantasy casting for reality shows. And of course, I've often gone in rooting for someone and by the end of their stint can't stand them. Maybe I better not root too hard for Kendra She seems like she could potentially be a Louis type partner. Since the articles states she's "in talks" (which may or may not be true), it could be accurate, because casting is probably underway or in the final stages, especially if they reveal it late February. Hopefully not during The Bachelor, but I've heard ratings are down, so what better boost to give it.

I just hope this is a fun, drama free, non favoritism filled season. Last season was the pits, with or without Bristol, and I may tune out for good if the new season is more of the same, or worse. During the press tour, ABC didn't reveal any details about the upcoming season, other than hinting about potential twists to keep things fresh. How about going back to the old format? That'd be a twist. I read that Mark is coming out with his cd in the very near future, so I question whether he'll be returning or taking the season off to promote his music. That's that Julianne ended up doing.

I saw the Kendra rumor too, and I would be ecstatic if it came to fruition. Finally someone from my wish list! I'd also love if they snapped up Hank right along with her. The spring season is the perfect opportunity to have them both on.

(and Kara, I also want Kendra paired with Louis if she's on the show; even tweeted that to them like an hour ago!)

Oh, and in other wish list news (of mine) since Tia Mowry is now pregnant, I don't have to choose between the twins I so badly want on DWTS! Team Tamera! Cast her, ABC, she'd be awesome!

Some more scoop:

Lorenzo Lamas to Go Dancing With the Stars? - The Hollywood Gossip

Dancing with the Stars execs are currently locked in negotiations to bring Lorenzo Lamas to the show, according to reports. Talk about a renegade mode.

Sources connected with the show say Lorenzo is "in talks" about a possible deal. Nothing is in stone yet, but he has "serious interest" in doing the show.

This follows reports that Kendra Wilkinson may be tapped to join the cast this spring as well. ABC is expected to announce the cast in the coming weeks.
    It was either after last season or season 10 that Lorenzo was spotted going to a DWTS after party (or maybe just got caught by the paparrazi outside a party) and said he was interested in the show. I think he also said he's a friend of Lacey's. Maybe they'll get paired together I don't have anything against Lorenzo; he wouldn't be on my wish list, but he's better than some people.

Rymac, I'd completely be on Team Kendra. If she didn't get Louis, I hope they'd bring Damian back, because he'd be the perfect height for her. I really hope she doesn't get Derek or Mark (because then I'd have to root for them; plus I think Louis and Damian will make a better partnership with someone like her). I could see her getting Maks, Tony, or Dmitry, too, if any of them return.

+ Reply to Thread