+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 26 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920212223242526 LastLast

Thread: *Dancing With the Stars Season 12 (Spring) Spoilers & Speculation*

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: *Dancing With the Stars Season 12 (Spring) Spoilers & Speculation*

Here's the start of the phone numbers to vote in and our order for tomorrow:

5th: Romeo (1-800-868-3405)
    7th: Kendra (3407)
    8th: Ralph (3408)
    9th: Chris (3409)
    10th: Mike (3410)
    11th: Kirstie (3411)

Surprised that they're saving Mike for so late in the broadcast. If I have my info correct on the above dances, we have a cha cha for Romeo, Kendra, and Kirstie, and 2 foxtrots for Ralph and Mike. I don't know if I got confirmation what dances Romeo, Hines, or Chris were doing. I figured by process of elimination they'd be doing the cha cha. It'd be nice if the show evened the dances out instead of having 3 foxtrots in a row. Nice dance, but it puts me to sleep. I'm also surprised that Chelsea is going so early in the show, unless she's going 6th. I figured they'd save her and Mark until the end. Not surprised that they'd have Wendy going early.

Thanks karalott for posting the numbers. I am excited about tomorrow night!
    "Treat others the way you want to be treated."

Quote Originally Posted by Love_Me View Post
    Thanks karalott for posting the numbers. I am excited about tomorrow night!
    You're welcome, and me too!

Sugar Ray is going 6th (so his number will be 3406). Chelsea, Wendy, Hines, and Petra will be the first four. I'm somewhat surprised by the order they're going in tomorrow. I figured Wendy would probably go early, but thought they'd save Hines, Chelsea, and Petra until the end. Oh well, at least all my favorites won't be at the end so I won't get bored. Two hours really is too long for 11 couples. Really excited for my faves Wendy, Kendra, Romeo, Ralph, and Kirstie, and can't wait to see Hines and Chris. From what everyone has said about those two, I think they'll be fun, and Kym's twitter has been really positive about being paired with Hines. She even joked she needed to change her nail polish from green to yellow to make the Steelers fans happy.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    Here's the start of the phone numbers to vote in and our order for tomorrow:

5th: Romeo (1-800-868-3405)
    7th: Kendra (3407)
    8th: Ralph (3408)
    9th: Chris (3409)
    10th: Mike (3410)
    11th: Kirstie (3411)

Surprised that they're saving Mike for so late in the broadcast. If I have my info correct on the above dances, we have a cha cha for Romeo, Kendra, and Kirstie, and 2 foxtrots for Ralph and Mike. I don't know if I got confirmation what dances Romeo, Hines, or Chris were doing. I figured by process of elimination they'd be doing the cha cha. It'd be nice if the show evened the dances out instead of having 3 foxtrots in a row. Nice dance, but it puts me to sleep. I'm also surprised that Chelsea is going so early in the show, unless she's going 6th. I figured they'd save her and Mark until the end. Not surprised that they'd have Wendy going early.
    1-800-868-3404: Petra and Dmitry
    1-800-868-3405: Romeo and Chelsie
    1-800-868-3406: Sugar Ray and Anna
    1-800-868-3407: Kendra and Louis
    1-800-868-3408: Ralph and Karina
    1-800-868-3409: Chris and Cheryl
    1-800-868-3410: Mike and Lacey
    1-800-868-3411: Kirstie and Maks

So that leaves Chelsea, Wendy and ? Who else are we missing?

Quote Originally Posted by DeAnna fan View Post
    1-800-868-3404: Petra and Dmitry
    1-800-868-3405: Romeo and Chelsie
    1-800-868-3406: Sugar Ray and Anna
    1-800-868-3407: Kendra and Louis
    1-800-868-3408: Ralph and Karina
    1-800-868-3409: Chris and Cheryl
    1-800-868-3410: Mike and Lacey
    1-800-868-3411: Kirstie and Maks

So that leaves Chelsea, Wendy and ? Who else are we missing?
    Hines.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    I've seen the usual press for it. But it doesn't seem like there's as much as usual. But it's been a few seasons since we've had anyone that was controversial, in the news for personal drama, or a legend with a huge fanbase. So maybe that's why. I always believe first and foremost the ratings will get hit because of the cast, and then maybe some other tweaks the show throws in (or if it looks like week 1 the outcome is already decided). So I do hope if this season sees a decline in the ratings-and I'm sure it will slightly-that they don't justify casting the Kate's and Bristol's in future seasons. With the next election year coming up, who knows who they'll go after I think they really expected to get Christine O'Donnell this time and she backed out at the last minute. Also, the lack of press from the show. It might just be clamping down on spoilers, but I'm surprised more on the first few dances and week 1 song choices get leaked out in advanced. I know the dance styles did, and some were figured out by process of elimination. It seems even the producers just gave the standard press release and that was it. Even so, I'll enjoy it, if for anything else there is no Kate or Bristol in the cast. It reminds me of the types of casts we had in the early seasons, and I hope this season mirrors those. Realistically, I think only 4 people have a serious shot at winning: Hines, Chelsea, and then Kendra and Romeo on the bubble. I think the others might do better than expected, and maybe even sneak into the finals. But I think the mirrorball will be hoisted by one of them at the end. One more day and we'll find out!
    I am saying this as someone who was a huge Bristol fan (can't stand Kate) but I am glad to be able to enjoy the show without the drama. However the last time we had a cast this quiet, the ratings sufferred (Donny, Maya, Kelly) season. I think that is why they were giving us controversial political figures, and controversial reality stars in the last couple of seasons. If the ratings dip, you will see more of those types in future seasons. You might see Michael Vick (prison time for dog fighting), Lindsey Lohan, or one of the teen moms. Not to mention Palins, Glen Beck or Rush Limbaugh or the very liberal like Janine Gerafalo, or Rosie O'Donnell or combinations of both sides for fireworks. The bottom line to these folks is putting food on the table and the controversial figures bring in votes, ratings, and food on the table. I dont' know which is worse, bringing in ringers with dance experience for Derek, Mark or Cheryl or bringing in figures whose dancing is secondary and watching them last on into the semi or final like Jerry Springer, Marie Osmund (though I love her to pieces), Ty Murray or Bristol Palin. We complain about both so I guess the show can't please every fan. Even boring seasons aren't without controversy as the wins of Kelly Monaco over John O'Hurley and Emmitt Smith winning over Mario Lopez are examples. If this cast doesn't stir up enough drama they will stir it up for them with shomances, edited drama between the celeb and the partner, and cast feuds between pros or celebrities in the other teams.
    Quote Originally Posted by RickiRick View Post
    Have to agree on the lack of media buzz about this season. Even in magazines like People the coverage is a fraction of what I remember from other seasons. ABC seems to be uninterested in promoting the season, almost as if they hope to see the ratings drop so they can feel justified when they invite a controversial person in the fall. Or maybe the fans are just so reliable that there is no use to waste money on promotion? I'm glad there isn't anyone controversial or a ringer, but I am also missing the buzz.
    That makes me wonder as well. We backlashed at the ringer, hence no ringer this year. It is anybody's game for five or six of the celebrities. We backlashed at controversial figures, hence no controvercial figures, no politicians, the "reality star" was a "star" before her reality show with her work in playboy. We have bonified athletes, actors and talk show hosts. Probably the most controversial is Kirstie, but she is tame compared to the controversial people of the past. Then they barely promote it. You know the ratings are going to tank. Then they will justify not only the controversial figures, but the ringers as well. We won't want another finale of b-grade winning over b-grade and c-grade any more that we will want arguments about politics, religion and alternative lifestyles. Then the ratings soar, the boards light up and ABC is the winner taking it all to the bank.
    Last edited by Arielflies; 03-21-2011 at 12:15 PM.
    "We were just going to do whatever it took to win."--Texas Longhorn Quarterback Colt McCoy

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by bevorules View Post
    I am saying this as someone who was a huge Bristol fan (can't stand Kate) but I am glad to be able to enjoy the show without the drama.

However the last time we had a cast this quiet, the ratings sufferred (Donny, Maya, Kelly) season. I think that is why they were giving us controversial political figures, and controversial reality stars in the last couple of seasons.

If the ratings dip, you will see more of those types in future seasons. You might see Michael Vick (prison time for dog fighting), Lindsey Lohan, or one of the teen moms. Not to mention Palins, Glen Beck or Rush Limbaugh or the very liberal like Janine Gerafalo, or Rosie O'Donnell or combinations of both sides for fireworks. The bottom line to these folks is putting food on the table and the controversial figures bring in votes, ratings, and food on the table.

I dont' know which is worse, bringing in ringers with dance experience for Derek, Mark or Cheryl or bringing in figures whose dancing is secondary and watching them last on into the semi or final like Jerry Springer, Marie Osmund (though I love her to pieces), Ty Murray or Bristol Palin. We complain about both so I guess the show can't please every fan.

Even boring seasons aren't without controversy as the wins of Kelly Monaco over John O'Hurley and Emmitt Smith winning over Mario Lopez are examples. If this cast doesn't stir up enough drama they will stir it up for them with shomances, edited drama between the celeb and the partner, and cast feuds between pros or celebrities in the other teams.
    What upsets me is to see someone come out the first night, and I have a pretty sure idea that person is going to win it (cough, cough Jennifer, Nicole) unless the judges step in and sway it a little (Mya). The rest of them might as well just put on a good show and collect their paychecks.

The political ringers may be aggrevating, but there is no way that the judges are going to let them win the whole thing. F3 is the end of the line. Kaput! The judges have that much power; I am convinced after watching this show for so many seasons.
    Take my advice. I am not using it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bjaminsmom View Post
    I'm disappointed in the Maks/Kristie pairing. I so wanted him to win this season. I don't think he has any chance with Kristie. I would love to see them bring back some of the 2nd or 3rd place winners (Maks/Erin or Maks/Mel) and do an all star season. That would be very intertaining and some great dancing.
    I would love a season where all cast members were finalists from the previous seasons. Yes it would bring in one political figure, it will give us Gilles, Melissa (I would love to see them both again, their dancing was spectacular (until Mel's injury), Erin, Evan (Again, love to see them again) and Marie and Kelly O have both lost a lot of weight and look great. Also, could see Charlotte again dancing with John O. Too bad ABC doesn't read this board.
    "We were just going to do whatever it took to win."--Texas Longhorn Quarterback Colt McCoy

I think part of the built-in excitement about this season is, with Derek not there, it's more of a horse race between the pros. Maybe some of them will get a little more adventurous and take more chances in their choreography. That is, if they have a partner who can do the steps...

Then again, Derek not being there could be a reason some fans don't watch this season. I know I'll miss him. I hope he can come back for a pro dance one week.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers View Post
    What upsets me is to see someone come out the first night, and I have a pretty sure idea that person is going to win it (cough, cough Jennifer, Nicole) unless the judges step in and sway it a little (Mya). The rest of them might as well just put on a good show and collect their paychecks.

The political ringers may be aggrevating, but there is no way that the judges are going to let them win the whole thing. F3 is the end of the line. Kaput! The judges have that much power; I am convinced after watching this show for so many seasons.
    This is true and they changed the finale last year to give judges' scores more weight.

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff View Post
    I think part of the built-in excitement about this season is, with Derek not there, it's more of a horse race between the pros. Maybe some of them will get a little more adventurous and take more chances in their choreography. That is, if they have a partner who can do the steps...

Then again, Derek not being there could be a reason some fans don't watch this season. I know I'll miss him. I hope he can come back for a pro dance one week.
    I hope so, however Maks (popular pro) has Kirstie who isn't going to be able to do the things that Leila, Mel, Erin or Brandy could do. Anna tends to get too conservative in the finale. A win with Evan could have been had with different finale choices for Freestyle and Favorite Dance. Louis also can't seem to loosen up in the finale with the freestyle. One thing you can say about Derek and usually Mark is that they push it in the freestyle. I hope the pros can carry some, if not this season could get boring and lose ratings.
    Last edited by Arielflies; 03-21-2011 at 12:17 PM.

+ Reply to Thread