+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 26 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920212223242526 LastLast

Thread: *Dancing With the Stars Season 12 (Spring) Spoilers & Speculation*

Re: *Dancing With the Stars Season 12 (Spring) Spoilers & Speculation*

Quote Originally Posted by RyMac View Post
    So I had an interesting conversation tonight. My husband and I went to buy a new car, and toward the end of the process it was time for the dealership to close so our girls were running around the place a bit. It was kind of empty. A man walks in and smiles at them and starts talking to them and to us, and turns out he was the owner. Anyway, my oldest (3 in a couple weeks) was twirling. He brought up that he bet she would love to start dancing lessons, his little girls used to love it. I said, oh she loves to dance. We'll get her in lessons this fall but for now she's happy getting to stay up late and watch Mommy's favorite show with her. He asked what it was, and I told him DWTS, that she loved the sequins and the lights and the people dancing. And he says, oh, my daughter's husband's sister is on that show. So of course my ears perked up. My husband asked who it was....

Chelsie Hightower!

How cool is that?! Of course I wanted to say, um, can you like, introduce me please? But I didn't want to seem like some stalker crazy fan, lol. But he went on about how wonderful and sweet Chelsie and her mom were, and Chelsie went to the beach with them last summer and they had the best time. His daughters danced too, but they never tried to go pro or anything. They now teach at one of the local studios. I think I'm gonna have to get my girls in that class.....:0)
    I met and spoke to Chelsie during the season with her and Ty Murray and yep she is as sweet as you think she is.
    "So, what is fame? It's lightening that strikes some people. It's lightening that some people seek." Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by Tigerusty View Post
    I met and spoke to Chelsie during the season with her and Ty Murray and yep she is as sweet as you think she is.

That is great to hear! She is my favorite pro!
    "Treat others the way you want to be treated."

I'm disappointed in the Maks/Kristie pairing. I so wanted him to win this season. I don't think he has any chance with Kristie. I would love to see them bring back some of the 2nd or 3rd place winners (Maks/Erin or Maks/Mel) and do an all star season. That would be very intertaining and some great dancing.
    Some Heros wear capes....mine wears combat boots and kevlar....

I'm rooting for Chelsea & Mark, but this season looks like it's really going to be competitive. Saw some rehearsal footage and I have to say that it looks like there are quite a few of them who have moves, like Kendra, Hines, Chelsea, Sugar Ray.. It'll be interesting to see how they all do on Monday night. I honestly can't predict a final 3 yet at this point..

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by DeAnna fan View Post
    I'm rooting for Chelsea & Mark, but this season looks like it's really going to be competitive. Saw some rehearsal footage and I have to say that it looks like there are quite a few of them who have moves, like Kendra, Hines, Chelsea, Sugar Ray.. It'll be interesting to see how they all do on Monday night. I honestly can't predict a final 3 yet at this point..
    It's really hard to guess at this point. Usually some celebs seem like the obvious first or early ousters, the bad dancers, the ringers/late boots but a wrench gets thrown in what's expected to happen (and sometimes it all comes true). Chelsea probably is one of the least recognizable of the cast, but looks to have experience, she's with an extremely popular pro, so for those two reasons alone I think she's going to be around awhile. They'll probably have great chemistry. I don't think Wendy or Petra will be around long, but Kirstie and Kendra could come across more annoying than entertaining and get booted early, too. They seem to be polarizing. As for the guys, I think Hines will do very well. Same with Romeo, if he's the opposite of his dear old dad. Mike I think will be gone early but might surprise. I think after Monday, if the show follows a story line and makes it obvious who they're gunning for first and who they want to stick around, it'll be easier to predict. And then there's the actual dancing to consider I'm still feeling this season has gotten the least attention of any in recent memory. Even season 8, which I feel was the last controversy free/stunt cast season got more publicity, and that was before all the injuries happened. But maybe I'm wrong. I do hope this season delivers.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I think Wendy will be "clunky", and Kirstie will be trying to be funny, like the woman from the other season that aggravated everybody (Chloris?).
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Have to agree on the lack of media buzz about this season. Even in magazines like People the coverage is a fraction of what I remember from other seasons.

ABC seems to be uninterested in promoting the season, almost as if they hope to see the ratings drop so they can feel justified when they invite a controversial person in the fall.

Or maybe the fans are just so reliable that there is no use to waste money on promotion?

I'm glad there isn't anyone controversial or a ringer, but I am also missing the buzz.

ABC might be feeling comfortable/cocky about the show, since they don't have to compete with Idol on Tuesdays anymore, and they also won't be up against any March Madness games. Maybe they figure people will just find it...
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Quote Originally Posted by RickiRick View Post
    Have to agree on the lack of media buzz about this season. Even in magazines like People the coverage is a fraction of what I remember from other seasons.

ABC seems to be uninterested in promoting the season, almost as if they hope to see the ratings drop so they can feel justified when they invite a controversial person in the fall.

Or maybe the fans are just so reliable that there is no use to waste money on promotion?

I'm glad there isn't anyone controversial or a ringer, but I am also missing the buzz.
    I've seen a lot of commercials for it lately, maybe 2 during a one hour show.. and now the rehearsal footage for each couple is starting to emerge, so the media is there.. you just have to look for it this time.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I've seen the usual press for it. But it doesn't seem like there's as much as usual. But it's been a few seasons since we've had anyone that was controversial, in the news for personal drama, or a legend with a huge fanbase. So maybe that's why. I always believe first and foremost the ratings will get hit because of the cast, and then maybe some other tweaks the show throws in (or if it looks like week 1 the outcome is already decided). So I do hope if this season sees a decline in the ratings-and I'm sure it will slightly-that they don't justify casting the Kate's and Bristol's in future seasons. With the next election year coming up, who knows who they'll go after I think they really expected to get Christine O'Donnell this time and she backed out at the last minute. Also, the lack of press from the show. It might just be clamping down on spoilers, but I'm surprised more on the first few dances and week 1 song choices get leaked out in advanced. I know the dance styles did, and some were figured out by process of elimination. It seems even the producers just gave the standard press release and that was it.

Even so, I'll enjoy it, if for anything else there is no Kate or Bristol in the cast. It reminds me of the types of casts we had in the early seasons, and I hope this season mirrors those. Realistically, I think only 4 people have a serious shot at winning: Hines, Chelsea, and then Kendra and Romeo on the bubble. I think the others might do better than expected, and maybe even sneak into the finals. But I think the mirrorball will be hoisted by one of them at the end. One more day and we'll find out!
    Last edited by karalott; 03-20-2011 at 06:41 PM.

+ Reply to Thread