+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 26 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314151617181920212223242526 LastLast

Thread: *Dancing With the Stars Season 12 (Spring) Spoilers & Speculation*

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: *Dancing With the Stars Season 12 (Spring) Spoilers & Speculation*

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere View Post
    While I was watching the Bachelor last night, I was really surprised at the lack of proms for DWTS. They had a couple, but not nearly at the level they've been in seasons past.
    I haven't really noticed much, either. I didn't watch TB last night, but I do watch ABC and haven't noticed much in the form of promos. Most coverage I've seen focuses solely on the same celebs. I think everyone's gotten the traditional coverage here and there, but most press seems to revolve around Kendra, Kirstie, Wendy, and to a lesser extent, Sugar Ray, Romeo, and Ralph. Petra's obviously getting more coverage now due to the tsunami hitting Japan, and her charity work involving that.

I don't know if this is going to be a boring season. I think the cast looks to be a lot of fun, and for now I'm glad that there doesn't seem to be any clear front runner or over-experienced ringer. Everyone has an equal shot, and despite thinking that Mark may have his 3rd win wrapped up, or that it's a guy's to lose, I hope the producers stay out, the judges judge fairly and get rid of the bias, and let the pieces fall where they may. Don't create any drama or fake showmances, and don't interfere. I'm not counting on it This cast reminds me of the early days, when it was fun, cheesy, and unpredictable.
    Last edited by karalott; 03-15-2011 at 09:41 PM.

I dunno -- from the preliminary videos, it looks like more of the celebs will actually be able to dance than i thought. So far Wendy looks like the only one who has no natural ability. Kirstie seems to be able to fake it with some grace, her problem will be stamina. Chris is a little stiff, but Cheryl just needs to beat on him until he learns to loosen his hips. Ralph and Sugar Ray look better than I thought they would!

I'm remaining upbeat, because I got what I asked for this year -- a season with no polarizing political figures or skanky tabloid figures. I want to have fun this year. I hope the celebs do, too...
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

One other thing I noticed on the ABC site-they're saying you have to validate your e-mail address in order to vote this season. I always used the same e-mail for many, many seasons so I can't remember if I had to validate my e-mail. I'm curious what else ABC might do to try and prevent another controversial voting season.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    I haven't really noticed much, either. I didn't watch TB last night, but I do watch ABC and haven't noticed much in the form of promos. Most coverage I've seen focuses solely on the same celebs. I think everyone's gotten the traditional coverage here and there, but most press seems to revolve around Kendra, Kirstie, Wendy, and to a lesser extent, Sugar Ray, Romeo, and Ralph. Petra's obviously getting more coverage now due to the tsunami hitting Japan, and her charity work involving that.

I don't know if this is going to be a boring season. I think the cast looks to be a lot of fun, and for now I'm glad that there doesn't seem to be any clear front runner or over-experienced ringer. Everyone has an equal shot, and despite thinking that Mark may have his 3rd win wrapped up, or that it's a guy's to lose, I hope the producers stay out, the judges judge fairly and get rid of the bias, and let the pieces fall where they may. Don't create any drama or fake showmances, and don't interfere. I'm not counting on it This cast reminds me of the early days, when it was fun, cheesy, and unpredictable.
    I for one am especially glad for the bolded. I think the show should be fun this year.
    "We were just going to do whatever it took to win."--Texas Longhorn Quarterback Colt McCoy

Go Chelsie Kaye!

I watched all the practice videos. I have to say, I'm most surprised by Hines. He looks like he's going to be pretty good. Sugar Ray looks much better than he does in still pictures. I'm not expecting much from Petra. I am disappointed that Chelsea looks so good. Another possible win for Mark. Boo.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I've always had a little crush on Hines Ward.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by Iwatch4Chelsie View Post
    I watched all the practice videos. I have to say, I'm most surprised by Hines. He looks like he's going to be pretty good. Sugar Ray looks much better than he does in still pictures. I'm not expecting much from Petra. I am disappointed that Chelsea looks so good. Another possible win for Mark. Boo.
    I'll definitely agree on Sugar Ray. I really hope he surprises everyone. I also, sadly, agree on Chelsea/Mark. I'd love to be proven wrong; at least the show can't guarantee who will be the favorites and who will fall by the wayside once the show actually starts. I went in completely disliking Warren Sapp and Kelly Osbourne, and by the end of their respective seasons was completely onboard with them. I do hope that someone else other than Mark wins. I'm just over the trio on this show, and the show pushing particular pros and pairs for what they want as the outcome. I guess they never completely got over Kelly Monaco beating John O'Hurley I'll be curious what changes, if any, we see from last season and Bristol-gate.

My pre-season guess on Petra is that she's going to be sweet, try hard, have an inspirational backstory, but blend into the background and be forgettable. If she has any ounce of rhythm, then I think she may be one of the overhyped favorites of the judges. I do like her and Dmitry, but I'm not rooting for them at the moment. Only rehearsals I haven't seen yet are Mike and Romeo

So I had an interesting conversation tonight. My husband and I went to buy a new car, and toward the end of the process it was time for the dealership to close so our girls were running around the place a bit. It was kind of empty. A man walks in and smiles at them and starts talking to them and to us, and turns out he was the owner. Anyway, my oldest (3 in a couple weeks) was twirling. He brought up that he bet she would love to start dancing lessons, his little girls used to love it. I said, oh she loves to dance. We'll get her in lessons this fall but for now she's happy getting to stay up late and watch Mommy's favorite show with her. He asked what it was, and I told him DWTS, that she loved the sequins and the lights and the people dancing. And he says, oh, my daughter's husband's sister is on that show. So of course my ears perked up. My husband asked who it was....

Chelsie Hightower!

How cool is that?! Of course I wanted to say, um, can you like, introduce me please? But I didn't want to seem like some stalker crazy fan, lol. But he went on about how wonderful and sweet Chelsie and her mom were, and Chelsie went to the beach with them last summer and they had the best time. His daughters danced too, but they never tried to go pro or anything. They now teach at one of the local studios. I think I'm gonna have to get my girls in that class.....:0)

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I'm hearing "stalker"!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    One other thing I noticed on the ABC site-they're saying you have to validate your e-mail address in order to vote this season. I always used the same e-mail for many, many seasons so I can't remember if I had to validate my e-mail. I'm curious what else ABC might do to try and prevent another controversial voting season.
    I logged into ABC a couple of days ago, and it asked me to validate my email address - so I don't think it's exclusive to DWTS voting - I checked my emails and clicked on the link they provided and that was it - no more validating since then -and I'm automatically logged in whenever I do to ABC - so if that carries through to voting then there will be no need to log in and validate everytime.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

+ Reply to Thread