+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 26 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: *Dancing With the Stars Season 12 (Spring) Spoilers & Speculation*

Re: *Dancing With the Stars Season 12 (Spring) Spoilers & Speculation*

Yesteray Louis tweeted that "had a long day, but I'm very satisfied with today's outcome" I hope this means he was rehearsing with someone great!

He also mentioned he was having dinner with Mark, Chelsie, Shirley Ballas,and Bill n Steve, whoever they are, and that they were all excited about this season. This had me thinking maybe Shirley was the last female pro. I'm glad that there's a good possiblity that it's Karina, b/c I don't know anything about Shirley, but I don't want another chance for a Ballas win, so I don't want her to be on. I want some of our very deserving, never before won pros to win!!

*just saw another tweet from Louis from yesterday. Someone asked if his partner has the "x factor" to win it. He says "yes". So now I know he's met his partner. Please be Kendra. Please be Kendra. Please be Kendra.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Typically I don't think they wait until after the announcement but sometimes it just depends when a pro and their celeb can meet up because of the celeb's schedule. Like The Situation last season. I admit I am kinding of liking not knowing who has who and who is completely cast. I do hope Louis's being sincere when he says his partner can win it. I used to pity Tony when he'd have to keep a straight face and talk about how hard Kate was trying and that she could go all the way. Even if Kendra clomps all the over floor and is worse than Holly, I still think she and Louis will be a fun, amazing pair! But I think she's got more rhythm. Of the rumored female celebs, if there's any truth to it, then Kendra or Nastia would really be the only ones Louis could have. Faye is 5'7" I read, so possibly her, but it'd really be pushing it. I feel like Tony will get her, sadly Maybe she'll surprise me.

I don't know much about Shirley other than I think she's much less annoying and hammy than Corky (from what little I've seen her helping Mark and his partners out). But I agree, I don't want to go from the trio of Ballas and Hough to a duet of Ballas's. At least Corky isn't back this time. I'm already peeved that Mark might get a sure thing to the finals. Karina's tweet may have nothing to do with the show, or it could have just been referring to the announcement coming up. Karina seems to be the designated dud partnered pro, so if they have someone that they're confident will be out before the 4th week, she could be back. It seems her seasons when she gets someone good come in 3s-first season she gets Mario, season 6 she gets another Mario, season 9 she had Aaron, and in between she had celebs that were dragging her all over the floor. Billy Ray had a decent placement, but he was no Mario.
    Last edited by karalott; 02-27-2011 at 04:39 PM.

Go Chelsie Kaye!

I'm on a mission to get some inside information tonight! I'll pass on whatever I find out!

Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    DWTS Gossip re-tweeted a post from someone else that's trying to campaign to get Peta on. I think Damian was a breath of fresh air and much better with Pamela than I expected. I'd hate to lose my faves, even for a season, but I also miss the ones who aren't ever back because there's not room. (clip)
    I really liked Damian with Pamela as well, and it was good to see him in one or two pro dances last season. I'd love for him to become part of the regular rotation, but I guess the one thing working against him is his height -- they need to find a really tiny woman who won't tower over him in dance heels.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff View Post
    I really liked Damian with Pamela as well, and it was good to see him in one or two pro dances last season. I'd love for him to become part of the regular rotation, but I guess the one thing working against him is his height -- they need to find a really tiny woman who won't tower over him in dance heels.
    I liked that Damian had a decent placement with Pamela, and that he seemed to become a bit of a favorite. Most times new pros become one hit wonders. Damian also has going against him that Derek, Mark, and Louis are on the shorter side of the scale and need to have the shorter female celebs as well. They're obviously more popular since they have more seasons under their belt. I do hope we see Damian and Peta in pro dances this season, and maybe next time we'll see them back as pros partnering celebs. They're too good not to use. Pamela was kind of pushing it with the height as well, but I couldn't tell if her hair was the factor or not Given the ladies who've been rumored/spoiled to be taking part, I guess it makes sense Dmitry was asked back over Damian.

Did anyone catch the promo during the Oscars tonight? I was only half paying attention, so by the time I noticed we were hearing the celebs voices, it was over DWTS Gossip has tweeted they believe they have our first official couple: Wendy Williams and Tony Dovolani. I hope this means Maks doesn't get Faye. I know he's had 2 successful back to back seasons (even with the judges on his case) but dang it, I want him to win! Maybe he wants out early for his bachelor commitments. Kirstie/Maks might be fun, although I think that'll cause unflattering impatient practice clips. Or maybe there's more truth to the rumor that Jodie Sweetin is cast and not Kirstie Alley. I'd be thrilled for a Maks/Jodie pairing as much as a Kendra/Louis. And adding Tony/Wendy would be a great start to my season. We'll know tomorrow!
    Last edited by karalott; 02-28-2011 at 01:20 AM.

I would love it if both Kirstie AND Jodie were cast.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

Quote Originally Posted by CrossingGuard View Post
    I would love it if both Kirstie AND Jodie were cast.
    So would I, but I'm not counting on it. However, sometimes rumors that seem set in stone really aren't. I'm willing to believe the Faye, Wendy, Kendra, Lorenzo, and Chris rumors. Kirstie I won't be surprised either way. I grew up watching Full House so I'd be thrilled to see little Stephanie Tanner hit the dance floor. I do hope the rumor about Christine O'Donnell is in fact false. Politicians on this show are bad enough, but the ones who will be the extreme are beyond horrible. EXTRA reported that Tiger Woods's ex wife Elin was in talks to appear, but I don't think that's true. I think we might have our ladies line up figured out, between Jodie, Kirstie Wendy, Faye, Kendra, and Nastia, with a possible unknown in there. Since there's only 5 female celebs, one of them is obviously out. Nastia and Jodie following Mark and Maks on twitter may not have anything to do with the show. But much like Kendra, if Jodie's on, I hope she gets anyone but Mark or Dmitry. Kirstie, Jodie, Wendy, and Kendra would be a fun ladies line up.

Throwing out a random name that hasn't been brought up, but I wonder if we'll be seeing Johnny Weir. He's expressed interest in doing the show before, and had his Skating with the Stars gig earlier on ABC. Karina tweeted him a few weeks ago and asked if he planned on making any appearances this season in the ballroom. They became twitter friends after the Olympics last year, with campaigns to get them on and together. Maybe a hint she dropped? I like Johnny well enough, but I wouldn't with Karina. And since I know he'd be destined to go far, if not win, I probably wouldn't like him much at the end. I can only take him in small doses.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    Throwing out a random name that hasn't been brought up, but I wonder if we'll be seeing Johnny Weir. He's expressed interest in doing the show before, and had his Skating with the Stars gig earlier on ABC. Karina tweeted him a few weeks ago and asked if he planned on making any appearances this season in the ballroom. They became twitter friends after the Olympics last year, with campaigns to get them on and together. Maybe a hint she dropped? I like Johnny well enough, but I wouldn't with Karina. And since I know he'd be destined to go far, if not win, I probably wouldn't like him much at the end. I can only take him in small doses.
    Knowing his proclivities, if Johnny appears, I'm sure he'd insist on being paired with a Russian, which I guess means either Karina or Anna T. Or they could bring back Elena Grinenko. But hopefully not Anna Demidova.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Here are the confirmed pros so far:

FEMALE:
    Anna T, Cheryl, Chelsie, Kym, Lacey

MALE:
    Maks, Tony, Louis, Mark, Dimitry

Missing one more. Anyone know who?

I don't think anyone mentioned this, but in an issue of the mag ABC Soaps in Depth sometime early last month or late December, I think it was, there was an article interviewing two GH actors about DWTS. Jason Thompson (aka Patrick) said he's been asked to join the cast several times, but had always turned them down. Kim McCullough (Robin) said something like she's never been asked, but would like to do it. I still have the mag somewhere, but I can't find it! That was the gist of what I remember reading, though. I'd be happy with either one of them on the show, really. Good actors.

Just tossing that out there just in case. I figure we're due another soap star this season or next. GH and AMC both film on the west coast, whereas OLTL is still in NYC. I know Kim posted a vague Tweet Saturday talking about being in love with the day, even though her "toes [were] numb." Probably nothing, but caught my eye. That would be fun, anyway!

+ Reply to Thread