+ Reply to Thread
Page 39 of 40 FirstFirst ... 293031323334353637383940 LastLast

Thread: 11/23 Finale Night 2 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

FORT Fogey

Re: 11/23 Finale Night 2 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by northernviewer;4113628;
    Also, when you get older you tend to wear a more radiant or luminescent foundation, it helps you to look younger whereas a matted, powdery finish makes you look older. (experience talking )
    Google "Botox shiny." That's why all these celebs have frozen foreheads (and other parts of the face) that shine. As someone said upthread, her doctor warned her she might come out looking shiny after being injected. It's not foundation ... if anything, they should layer on thick matte makeup to dull some of that telltale shine. I sure wouldn't want to walk around advertising that I had Botox, although I suppose that's the norm in their world. Anyway, Jennifer still looks like herself to me, no matter what she had done besides her nose. She looks great.

I would think the show would need her permission to air to the public anything medical her doctors told her. It's private unless permission is given. I would hope that would apply to Reality shows, as well. So, that leads me to believe that she did, in fact, go along with the all the injury clips.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

I was very glad to see that sanity was, once again, restored to Planet Mirrorballus!!

I have no problem with Derek and Jen's win. Of the 3, she was the very best dancer, IMO.
    On a side note, I'm still not really sure why so many seem to think Derek just gets lucky, is unprofessional, mugs for the camera, etc. I just don't see that with him. He seems very kind and reassuring with his partners. And, while I think all these pros are terrific, I just find Derek in the mold of Fred Astaire, Gene Kelly, etc. He just mesmerizes me while he's on the stage. Maybe, I just spent too much time seeing Broadway musicals when I was a kid! There was always one dancer on the stage who seemed, for me, to really rise above all the other phenomenal dancers.
    I especially give kudos to Mark this season. For me, he is just the complete antithesis of his father, whom I absolutely cannot stand! Mark's tenderness, support and humanity toward Bristol was especially endearing for me. Her over inflated fan base aside, I do not think she would have risen to 3rd place without an instuctor like him.
    Big kudos to Lacey, as well. She's never been on my top list of pros, but I think Kyle brought out her best side this season, for sure.
    AS far as Jennifer's "pain" edits, I do think, season after season of watyching this show, and way too many other reality shows, we do "see" what is carefully edited by the producers. Nicole's edit lst season was, for me absolutely horrid. Same with Mya and those before her. So, I can't blame it on Jennifer. I've had ruptured discs and assorted happen to me through the years and while I'm not a dancer on the show, I always managed to forge through the pain. I also happen to have a pretty good threshold for it and I definitely think it's an individual thing. It just affects us all a lot differently. I do think she was on heavy pain meds, because her actions, comments, etc. seemed to pretty much reflect that.
    As far as Derek always getting the ringer, I'm just not seeing that, either. I didn't think Brooke wasd the best in her season, thought Joanna was totally overrated, felt the same about the Shannon lady that he hooked up with, and thought Jennie was a pretty cra*py dancer, overall.
    I did see all 3 dancers on the View this morning. They were not in their usual dancing costumes with the women wearing stockings and Spanx that can eliminate leg flaws, tummies, bulges, etc. I gotta say that Bristol, in regular leggings and a top has definitely packed on more pounds than I would think possible on a show like this!
    I do give her credit for improving the past 2 nights, but it was very clear to me that the results were what they should have been for those 3 last night.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky22;4113683;
    Google "Botox shiny." That's why all these celebs have frozen foreheads (and other parts of the face) that shine. As someone said upthread, her doctor warned her she might come out looking shiny after being injected. It's not foundation ... if anything, they should layer on thick matte makeup to dull some of that telltale shine. I sure wouldn't want to walk around advertising that I had Botox, although I suppose that's the norm in their world. Anyway, Jennifer still looks like herself to me, no matter what she had done besides her nose. She looks great.
    oh, I'm not denying that she may have had some botox... no biggy to get it done, just saying that us "older" ladies wear a shinier makeup too, just a little trick of the trade... oh and light shiny eyeshadow too
    I hate to brag but I tried on some earrings that I wore in highschool... and they still fit
    Proud member of the Rose Coloured Glasses Club

Quote Originally Posted by northernviewer;4113740;
    oh, I'm not denying that she may have had some botox... no biggy to get it done, just saying that us "older" ladies wear a shinier makeup too, just a little trick of the trade... oh and light shiny eyeshadow too
    Actually, as an older lady, I DON'T wear shiny make-up. I steer away from anything with shine like frosted, etc. I use a good moisturizer, creamy foundation and creme lip-stick with a light dusting of powder to set the foundation. Anything with a shine looks hideous on me as it draws attention to my "flaws."
    I'm a little older than Jennifer (in the same decade, at least) and I think she looks great for her age. Wish she used more discretion in her comments, though...Though I'm sure it doesn't bother most people, I personally don't find that attractive. (And I include Bristol in that "rough talking" category.)

Quote Originally Posted by bevorules;4113405;
    Because she didn't stand there for 8 bars while her partner danced around her. She actually did cha-cha basic and held her own. I know people don't like Bristol, but she did well on the insta-dance. I would've given Jen and Bristol both a 30 and Kyle a 27.
    To each their own opinion.

THAT'S why I like the FoRT and continue to hang around here as much as I can (hmmmmm . . . and have been hanging for the past six years!).

Last edited by ness; 11-24-2010 at 09:29 PM.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;4113648;
    That was my thought on hearing that the site crashed a few times. I think a lot of people who haven't been voting became incensed enough to oust the usurper. And I have to think that if that is the case, the producers must be mighty relieved not to have had the whole thing end in a travesty.
    I think you hit the nail on the head! I'm not a power-voter for sure, but I couldn't stand the idea of a Bristol win just because of her mother, so I voted like crazy and had my children all vote as well. I have a feeling that I'm not the only one who did that. It was just getting ridiculous that Dancing with the Stars was becoming some sort of political statement. I am so glad she didn't get a win and I hope that, if it's true and people were trying to make a statement, they were knocked down a few pegs last night. I hate bullies!

As for the Jennifer's injuries and doctor's being shown. I know that in every other season, when someone had an injury they showed them at the doctor's with all of the x-rays and such being shown, so I don't think it was unusual.

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;4113507;
    Child I can't wait til you get older. Fifty is far from being a senior. I need to get off here now my arthritis is acting up with all this strenuous activity of typing and all plus it's time to drink my morning Ensure and take a morning nap before my soaps come on.
    lol I am 48 look no where close to my age and no botox. 50 year old women are not headed to the glue factory. A lot of us look at least 15 yrs younger than we are and have an active life and can run circles around most younger people.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by momsunshine;4113483;
    and I don't understand how her doctor told her she couldn't do the DD lift, yet she did crazy tricks on Monday. Jennifer..... Jennifer.......
    Oh, I didn't realize they were considering it and the doctor said "No Lift". Bummer, that's all I really wanted to see. Doesn't make any sense to me, she was twisted and bent over and swung from side to side... How COULD she still do all those, but not able to do the lift?

(I think it was Derek that couldn't do the lift.)

northernviewer: 2-the producers kept her around for drama

If the situation was '1' then I doubt Bristol's fans somehow disappeared on finale night. Also, as much as I hate to admit it, she actually did a pretty good job (I was shocked) so she could have actually picked up more votes. She had a lot of blocs following/voting for her, including: a chunk of the youth vote, people voting for political reasons, the vote for the worst sites, etc... I guarantee these people showed up en masse for the finale...so what happened?!?! The judges scores were close enough for her to easily overtake anyone with this mountain of viewer support, just like the rest of the season. Answer: votes weren't counted or considered.
    If the situation was number 2 then we have arrived at the same conclusion..for the entire season votes werent counted or considered and week by week they knocked off a contestant to keep Bristol to the finales and give her 3rd place. Either way, the only conclusion we can reach is that DWTS has a lot of splaining to do....

Thoughts?
    It's easy for me to come up with reason the show works like it does. The majority of people will not agree with me but it's how I see it. If any of these talent type shows were on the up and up the network would publish the actual viewer voter count. They wouldn't necessarily have to publish this count until after the voting is finished, but before announcing the winner. After a couple shows the producers decide who they want to stay and who should go early by individuals popularity. I doubt viewer votes count for anything else. DWTS always has ringers to make the show look good (like Jennifer) they know if they allow a bad dancer like Bristol or Kelly Osbourne to win they will look phony. I've noticed how the camera keeps panning the audience to show the bad dancers relatives overjoyed and/or crying, all part of the showbiz thing. They keep the bad dancers (that brings in a bigger viewer volume) until the end. They do this to assure people keep tuning in.

I've seen great dancers leave early, it's obvious this was planned from the get go, they just don't have the popularity to keep viewers coming back. Plus, when a good dancer goes it adds to the drama. Everything is edited for drama. I would imagine the celebrity agrees to the edit or material that will be used. I knew without a shadow of a doubt Bristol would not be allowed to win regardless of how many votes she got, my take they didn't even look at viewer votes. It really would have made the show look phony. The next best thing was to keep her in the last three for drama. ABC (or any other network) could care less about voter fraud gossip it just adds to their ratings. It would be interesting to know how celebrities are paired with the pro dancers. That is something they will never reveal. Derek is the best pro dancer but as far as I'm concerned all of them are good. Guess I just don't believe anything these shows put out because I think Max's outspokenness is part of the show or the drama producers come up with.

I love the dancing especially watching the pros. I enjoy the show in spite of all the dishonesty involved but realize it's only part of the show. In my humble opinion, it would be a better show if everything was on the up and up.

+ Reply to Thread