+ Reply to Thread
Page 38 of 40 FirstFirst ... 28293031323334353637383940 LastLast

Thread: 11/23 Finale Night 2 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

FORT Fogey

Re: 11/23 Finale Night 2 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky22;4113591;
    I know women who've had plastic surgery, total facelifts, etc., and they DON'T have shiny skin. However, it seems to be Botox that causes the shiny look.
    So do some skin treatments used to remove the dead horney layers. I assume she has had more work done than her nose. It is a good job, too. Melanie Griffith is another story.

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden;4113573;
    While I got tired of hearing about Jennifer's constant parade of injuries and the whole "can she compete?" storyline all season (mostly because I knew that they were just hyping that angle and she would compete), I don't think the ruptured disc had much to do with her scoring last night. The judges were giving her tens prior to that, and the audience vote was, as you pointed out, already in. Besides which, it wasn't her fault that they kept bringing it up constantly.

My concern was whether anyone really should keep going on in the face of that many injuries, which could have serious consequences worth far more than a stupid tacky trophy. It's not that she couldn't do it or didn't want to do it, but whether it was the best choice. I hope it was, for her sake. I also hope no one ever is allowed to keep competing past a reasonable point just because they're extremely competitive and want to keep dancing.
    My beef with her injuries is that she did participate in the hoopla around it - with all the PIs about her injuries and the footage of her seeing doctors - at some point she could've said - this is a private matter and not let them shoot her at the docs, or continually talked about her injuries.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

Quote Originally Posted by anders332;4113599;
    My beef with her injuries is that she did participate in the hoopla around it - with all the PIs about her injuries and the footage of her seeing doctors - at some point she could've said - this is a private matter and not let them shoot her at the docs, or continually talked about her injuries.
    BUT the fact that she was a star that was overcoming and enduring surgery and pain was her "story" that the producers decided to go with as her edit for the season, and there was precious little that she could do about it and also nothing for her to be embarrassed about or try to hide. I wasn't irritated by her edit, it was fact... but I was irritated by Bristol's though, and her "everybody hates me edit", as the whole Palin thing irked me. Same happens with the Bach, Survior etc etc.... when we like somebody, all is well with thier edit, when we dislike somebody, we'll pick them apart. It's human nature, and the way it will always be
    I hate to brag but I tried on some earrings that I wore in highschool... and they still fit
    Proud member of the Rose Coloured Glasses Club

BUT - they didn't need to make it all about her overcoming her injuries and enduring surgery. They gave storylines to 3 people - Bristol, Brandy and Jennnifer - everyone else came in danced, and went home. We didn't even KNOW about Audrina's stalker until she was long gone - and just like "The Bachelor" if you don't say it, they can't twist it and use it. I would've preferred she kept it to herself, because in the end, it makes her look like she was lying about the extent of her injuries.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

Quote Originally Posted by northernviewer;4113482;
    I know, Bristol lost weight too... you really noticed how much the 2 of them lost when you seen the clips of when they first started Perfect time in Kyle's life for that to happen, going on DWTS was definitely a good decision for him

What??? Bristol did not lose weight she gained at least 10 lbs

Quote Originally Posted by jucamer;4113625;
    What??? Bristol did not lose weight she gained at least 10 lbs
    really??? I thought her body looked much thinner, not her face though but I thought that was just to her naturally having a round face. wow!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky22;4113591;
    I know women who've had plastic surgery, total facelifts, etc., and they DON'T have shiny skin. However, it seems to be Botox that causes the shiny look.
    Also, when you get older you tend to wear a more radiant or luminescent foundation, it helps you to look younger whereas a matted, powdery finish makes you look older. (experience talking )
    I hate to brag but I tried on some earrings that I wore in highschool... and they still fit

I guess I am just really bothered because something is not right here and in my rush to change every channel to avoid hearing about Jennifer's terrible injuries and watch them both ham it up in front of every camera I forgot that a good chunk of folks thought Bristol was going to win this thing...which brought me to this:

(and I apologize for bringing over an excerpt from my post in the dial idol thread but this in particular is just really bugging me!)

To further prove my point let me use the Bristol debacle this season. Up until the finale it seemed that half of freaking America was voting for her--and while I doubt it was as crazy as many people believed the facts are that with her lower scores she either:

1-DID in fact receive FAR FAR more viewer votes than any other contestants
    or
    2-the producers kept her around for drama

If the situation was '1' then I doubt Bristol's fans somehow disappeared on finale night. Also, as much as I hate to admit it, she actually did a pretty good job (I was shocked) so she could have actually picked up more votes. She had a lot of blocs following/voting for her, including: a chunk of the youth vote, people voting for political reasons, the vote for the worst sites, etc... I guarantee these people showed up en masse for the finale...so what happened?!?! The judges scores were close enough for her to easily overtake anyone with this mountain of viewer support, just like the rest of the season. Answer: votes weren't counted or considered.
    If the situation was number 2 then we have arrived at the same conclusion..for the entire season votes werent counted or considered and week by week they knocked off a contestant to keep Bristol to the finales and give her 3rd place. Either way, the only conclusion we can reach is that DWTS has a lot of splaining to do....

Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by mindy384;4113629;
    I guess I am just really bothered because something is not right here and in my rush to change every channel to avoid hearing about Jennifer's terrible injuries and watch them both ham it up in front of every camera I forgot that a good chunk of folks thought Bristol was going to win this thing...which brought me to this:

(and I apologize for bringing over an excerpt from my post in the dial idol thread but this in particular is just really bugging me!)

To further prove my point let me use the Bristol debacle this season. Up until the finale it seemed that half of freaking America was voting for her--and while I doubt it was as crazy as many people believed the facts are that with her lower scores she either:

1-DID in fact receive FAR FAR more viewer votes than any other contestants
    or
    2-the producers kept her around for drama

If the situation was '1' then I doubt Bristol's fans somehow disappeared on finale night. Also, as much as I hate to admit it, she actually did a pretty good job (I was shocked) so she could have actually picked up more votes. She had a lot of blocs following/voting for her, including: a chunk of the youth vote, people voting for political reasons, the vote for the worst sites, etc... I guarantee these people showed up en masse for the finale...so what happened?!?! The judges scores were close enough for her to easily overtake anyone with this mountain of viewer support, just like the rest of the season. Answer: votes weren't counted or considered.
    If the situation was number 2 then we have arrived at the same conclusion..for the entire season votes werent counted or considered and week by week they knocked off a contestant to keep Bristol to the finales and give her 3rd place. Either way, the only conclusion we can reach is that DWTS has a lot of splaining to do....

Thoughts?
    My take on the whole Palin thing was that her staying was partly due to overinflated judges scores (I think they were told by the producers to do that because I can't see all 3 being Palin fans, ABC had an agenda) her mothers political supporters were voting very patrioticly, so add those votes to the ones that would have voted for her anyway, and she stayed far longer than expected or that she deserved. I think the the reason that she didn't win last night was due to two things, the judges gave her the lowest scores, and deservedly so, and the rest of North America decided to vote at last, in order to ensure that Bristol didnt walk away with the trophye (Tom said the ABC crashed a few times) ABC loved the drama and ratings and sadly, I expect next season will have another drama planned

Quote Originally Posted by northernviewer;4113641;
    I think the the reason that she didn't win last night was due to two things, the judges gave her the lowest scores, and deservedly so, and the rest of North America decided to vote at last, in order to ensure that Bristol didnt walk away with the trophye
    That was my thought on hearing that the site crashed a few times. I think a lot of people who haven't been voting became incensed enough to oust the usurper. And I have to think that if that is the case, the producers must be mighty relieved not to have had the whole thing end in a travesty.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Quote Originally Posted by northernviewer;4113641;
    My take on the whole Palin thing was that her staying was partly due to overinflated judges scores (I think they were told by the producers to do that because I can't see all 3 being Palin fans, ABC had an agenda) her mothers political supporters were voting very patrioticly, so add those votes to the ones that would have voted for her anyway, and she stayed far longer than expected or that she deserved. I think the the reason that she didn't win last night was due to two things, the judges gave her the lowest scores, and deservedly so, and the rest of North America decided to vote at last, in order to ensure that Bristol didnt walk away with the trophye (Tom said the ABC crashed a few times) ABC loved the drama and ratings and sadly, I expect next season will have another drama planned
    I just posted some hastily worked out figures in the Dial Idol thread that I think show she didn't need to get a landslide in viewer votes to stay in the competition thanks to the judge's (imo) idiotic and dishonest scoring.
    The week Audrina was booted the judges left her just four points behind Audrina and not at the bottom of the scoring. Kurt had 10 points fewer than Audrina and (by my calculations) made up a 5% gap in judges scores with viewer votes.
    I fully admit my maths in all cases could be entirely wrong
    Last edited by fluff; 11-24-2010 at 03:06 PM.
    "That's Numberwang!"

+ Reply to Thread