+ Reply to Thread
Page 37 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2728293031323334353637383940 LastLast

Thread: 11/23 Finale Night 2 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 11/23 Finale Night 2 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

I loved how Kyle scrunched his face waiting for the results.....I really really like this guy - I hope he has a very long and successful career!!
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

Quote Originally Posted by fireflyer;4113203;
    LISTEN to all the pain complaints (which older people do, often), and worry about pushing a senior too much.
    Child I can't wait til you get older. Fifty is far from being a senior. I need to get off here now my arthritis is acting up with all this strenuous activity of typing and all plus it's time to drink my morning Ensure and take a morning nap before my soaps come on.

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by anders332;4113395;
    I don't care how well you treat your skin, at that age, you're gonna have crows feet - at the very least, and an eye lift most likely.

Nope. Not always true. My mother is 75 and doesn't have even a smidgen of a wrinkle or crow's feet. In fact she has clearer, smoother skin than I do, and I'm 40. She hasn't seen anything slightly resembling a surgeon's knife.
    Last edited by bee stung lips; 11-24-2010 at 11:57 AM.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Jennifer had absolutely no bad motives for talking about her new injury last night. The voting was already closed, which takes away the only reason someone might fake an injury on finals night. And the judges would know if it wasn't true, because the show oversees and consults with any doctor visits, so they can determine if a performer should go on or not. She wasn't faking, and there was nobody she needed to try and pull sympathy from at that late hour.

How about this crazy story: She's 50, and has been living with ongoing neck/back problems for 20 years, and just subjected herself to 3 months of physical torture? These certainly aren't the kind of circumstances under which fresh injuries could pop up more than once...how dare she!

Not to mention, despite having her own segment of "haters" she kept her middle finger to herself.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

I would rather have the Hoff win than Grey. I just can't stand her. If you are hurt, go home. If it isn't that bad, don't talk about it. I know nothing about her except that she has pain and then dances like there is no pain.

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;4113533;
    Jennifer had absolutely no bad motives for talking about her new injury last night. The voting was already closed, which takes away the only reason someone might fake an injury on finals night. And the judges would know if it wasn't true, because the show oversees and consults with any doctor visits, so they can determine if a performer should go on or not. She wasn't faking, and there was nobody she needed to try and pull sympathy from at that late hour.

How about this crazy story: She's 50, and has been living with ongoing neck/back problems for 20 years, and just subjected herself to 3 months of physical torture? These certainly aren't the kind of circumstances under which fresh injuries could pop up more than once...how dare she!

Not to mention, despite having her own segment of "haters" she kept her middle finger to herself.
    yep, she had her haters, that's for sure but stayed very classy throughout.

I loved her story of perseverance too, and didn't think she was putting on a show at all for sympathy... it was just her story. And like you said the judges would have known what was happening, even commented on it regularly too, which gave credance to the sincerity of it. Loved her story and her winning made up for all the crap that went with this season for me.
    I hate to brag but I tried on some earrings that I wore in highschool... and they still fit
    Proud member of the Rose Coloured Glasses Club

Very true!

But no, seriously, I'm okay with Jennifer having won last night because there was no denying that she was the best dancer. Her complaining only irritated me sometimes, but overall it was no big. I commend her for having done this at her age...not many women could. So kudos to you Jen, even though I wanted Kyle to win
    Keep your feet on the ground, when your heads in the clouds!

FORT Fogey

While I got tired of hearing about Jennifer's constant parade of injuries and the whole "can she compete?" storyline all season (mostly because I knew that they were just hyping that angle and she would compete), I don't think the ruptured disc had much to do with her scoring last night. The judges were giving her tens prior to that, and the audience vote was, as you pointed out, already in. Besides which, it wasn't her fault that they kept bringing it up constantly.

My concern was whether anyone really should keep going on in the face of that many injuries, which could have serious consequences worth far more than a stupid tacky trophy. It's not that she couldn't do it or didn't want to do it, but whether it was the best choice. I hope it was, for her sake. I also hope no one ever is allowed to keep competing past a reasonable point just because they're extremely competitive and want to keep dancing.

Quote Originally Posted by mkp;4113423;
    Well, I didn't watch the show at all last night!

Even though Maks and Brandy were on, I could not bring myself to watch the show. I will go back and re-read the posts of last night to see all that happened.

Although I am releaved that Bristol did not win, her coming in third makes me wonder if, indeed, the show messed around with the viewer votes. I cannot believe that the conservative voter drive that got Bristol into the finals somehow could not garner enough votes to make her win. It makes no sense. I would not be surprised if TPTB did not engineer viewer votes to get Bristol in the final - just to boost ratings - then save the shows reputation by having a good dancer "win". Something fishy is going on here. This is just my opinion, I have no proof - but it's just too "pat". I don't trust them.

So, once again Derek gets the mirror ball, and Maksim and Tony are screwed. Maks has had absolutely no luck on this show, and I am tired of a Ballas or a Hough winning this show all the time.

I am VERY unhappy with this show.
    Bristol captured the young 20 something votes, she captured the teenage votes. She captured my vote, the only time I voted this season and I am no conservative. She also captured a good number of my friends' votes who would never be supportive of Sarah Palin.

People voted for Palin for an entire host of reasons, including my own ... in that I found the negative, rude, entirely unnecessary, gratuitous comments about Bristol so grossly distasteful, I decided to vote as I did to push back.

Although TPTB could very well have influenced judges scores, it would be impossible to engineer viewer votes handled independently by a 3rd party, not to mention, given that a monetary prize involved, I would think as with game shows, the DWTS viewer votes part of the contest strictly regulated.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo;4113262;
    I don't think her nose is all she's had done. Celebs who have had lots of plastic surgery have really shiny faces. Heidi Montag (although I loosely refer to her as a celeb), Melanie Griffin, Joan Rivers, Kathy Griffin.....and Jennifer Grey, to name a few off the top of my head. They all have super shiny skin. Not greasy looking like oily skin appears. It's really not an attractive aspect of getting so much work done.
    I know women who've had plastic surgery, total facelifts, etc., and they DON'T have shiny skin. However, it seems to be Botox that causes the shiny look.

+ Reply to Thread