+ Reply to Thread
Page 35 of 40 FirstFirst ... 25262728293031323334353637383940 LastLast

Thread: 11/23 Finale Night 2 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 11/23 Finale Night 2 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by schmoo2;4113368;
    I've had 2 ruptured discs in my neck and managed fine for 6 months before surgery. yeah, there was pain and nerve problems, but I kept on doing whatever I wanted including bowling. Everyone's experiences can be different. I imagine she just 'worked thorugh it' although with the complaining that people are complaining about. But she was on an adreneline high, and I doubt anything would have stopped her.

Congratulations Jennifer on a well earned win.
    When I had compression of the spine and four herniated disks, I couldn't walk without falling. I couldn't feel below my waist. I started to lose motor control. It was awful. I guess that is why I was proud of Jen last night. I did try to work through it, and worked up until the day before they hospitalized me, but everyone knew something was wrong.
    "We were just going to do whatever it took to win."--Texas Longhorn Quarterback Colt McCoy

Melanie hasn't looked like herself for a very long time. I would think Jennifer has had some kind of work done besides her nose - a little botox or something - the woman is 50 without a line on her face. I don't care how well you treat your skin, at that age, you're gonna have crows feet - at the very least, and an eye lift most likely.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo;4113249;
    The problem with that is ....sometimes for various reasons, people die in surgery. And it's hit or miss with back surgeries. In my case, it was wonderful and as long as I don't do anything stupid (like a back bend), I feel pretty good most days. But I know several people who had the same surgery and it didn't fix their issues. They are still in severe pain with no hope of a fix. Having felt that kind of pain, I wouldn't take the risk. It's miserable and debilitating.
    This is true. My surgery was in my neck (my bad disks were in my cervical spine) and after surgery I lost the top three or four notes of my singing range (used to be able to hit high C now A is screachy, G is pushing it) and my right pinky goes numb. If I lean wrong when using my mouse my right arm goes numb. I still can't make it around huge stores like Walmart or HEB plus (huge supermarket for those not in TX) without riding in one of those carts. My surgery went well, but surgery is a huge risk and you don't always get everything completely back. Though I must admit it was a victory for me in the recovery room to make a fist. It had been a couple of months since I could do it. My surgery was in October 2008.
    "We were just going to do whatever it took to win."--Texas Longhorn Quarterback Colt McCoy

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian;4113112;
    Just watched D & J's Viennese Waltz - and replayed it to be sure - there was a definite LIFT at the end of it.
    Sorry, just read this (I know it was posted during the show) but there was a lift and a stumble. I knew the fix was on when I saw that. I wish they could have done normal scoring for that because none of them deserved 10's. Jen should have gotten an 8 from each dock 1 point for the lift, and one for the stumble. Bristol should have gotten a 9, clean dance, but one point docked for the hold break. Kyle should have also gotten a 9 because his dance wasn't as "clean and precise" but it entertained. Because they were stuck to have to "rank" them, they used it to make sure Bristol was last. I was proud of Len for giving her a 9. That tango was my favorite of Bristol's dances all season because her personality comes out in it, and she smiled all through the finale even when eliminated.

Quote Originally Posted by ness;4113120;
    How in the hell did the bisected Red Hot manage to get a 27 for that?
    Because she didn't stand there for 8 bars while her partner danced around her. She actually did cha-cha basic and held her own. I know people don't like Bristol, but she did well on the insta-dance. I would've given Jen and Bristol both a 30 and Kyle a 27.

I would love to see all the stars get drawn out of the mirror ball. Completely random. I am tired of seeing Derek win. It isn't Dancing with Derek.

mkp
    FORT Newbie

Well, I didn't watch the show at all last night!

Even though Maks and Brandy were on, I could not bring myself to watch the show. I will go back and re-read the posts of last night to see all that happened.

Although I am releaved that Bristol did not win, her coming in third makes me wonder if, indeed, the show messed around with the viewer votes. I cannot believe that the conservative voter drive that got Bristol into the finals somehow could not garner enough votes to make her win. It makes no sense. I would not be surprised if TPTB did not engineer viewer votes to get Bristol in the final - just to boost ratings - then save the shows reputation by having a good dancer "win". Something fishy is going on here. This is just my opinion, I have no proof - but it's just too "pat". I don't trust them.

So, once again Derek gets the mirror ball, and Maksim and Tony are screwed. Maks has had absolutely no luck on this show, and I am tired of a Ballas or a Hough winning this show all the time.

I am VERY unhappy with this show.

Jenn has definitely had more work done than just her nose. But I'm sure you would be hard pressed to find any woman in Hollywood over the age of 30 that hasn't had something done. LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by ryansmommy;4113357;
    Well, I am not in the least bit disappointed in tonight's part-two finale, as ABC and producers did a phenomenal job.

It is also clear that the cast and crew really bonded this season, much more than I have ever noticed in previous, and suppose that has much to do with the nonsense berating, etc., of Bristol.

ABC must be thrilled and wouldn't be surprised if, long after the final three couples' post-season interviews, we see Bristol appearing here and there on ABC
    Ratings Rat Race: ‘Dancing’ Rocks, ‘Skating’ Disappoints While ‘Mike & Molly’ Hits Highs – Deadline.com

The final Nielsen ratings for last night are in, and the Bristol Palin-fueled Dancing with the Stars (23.7 million, 4.9/13 in adults 18-49) posted the strongest results for a Dancing performance finale in six seasons, since the fifth cycle's Monday finale in November 2007. (Dancing airs two cycles every broadcast season.) Versus last year, the show was up by 3.3 million viewers and by 23% in 18-49. The strong ratings for Dancing followed a wave of publicity surrounding Palin's ability to escape elimination despite so-so marks from the judges and make it all the way to the finals. She was also at the center of several threat s, including one that involved a letter laced with white powder that was received at Dancing's production offices over the weekend. Meanwhile, the premiere of the Dancing spinoff Skating with the Stars wound up with a final tally of 2.4/6 and 9.4 million viewers, holding onto less than 50% of its Dancing lead-in.

And this my friends is what is all about! R-A-T-I-N-G-S

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by fireflyer;4113203;
    Yah that's true. Most good-looking young men don't necessarily wanna spend time w/ a 50-yr-old woman, let alone have to rub his hands all over a 50-yr-old woman and spend day after day after day with her, and LISTEN to all the pain complaints (which older people do, often), and worry about pushing a senior too much.

Nothing against 50-yr-old woman! It's just not what most 20's men enjoy.
    I would have to disagree with this. I'm sure there are more than a few 20-something men that would love to be with a 50 year old who is/was famous and in great shape. I'm in my 30's and I would have no problems.

Just like there are a lot 20-something women who would kill to be able to rub there hands all over a 49 year old George Clooney.

+ Reply to Thread