+ Reply to Thread
Page 33 of 40 FirstFirst ... 232425262728293031323334353637383940 LastLast

Thread: 11/23 Finale Night 2 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 11/23 Finale Night 2 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by fireflyer;4113244;
    I'm not a famewhore or anything, but if I thought doing a performance that would revitalize my career would result in needing a surgery, I would probably do it. Anybody can recover from a surgery. But not anybody can magically have their career reborn. Jennifer will get a ton of acting jobs because of this.
    Oh please, no. I had nothing against her before this show, but her personality was so aggrivating to me that I'm hoping she'll just quietly go away. No one will EVER convince me that she had all the different injuries she moaned about on every show and yet came tripping so giddily down the stairs each week to perform a flawless routine with ease. NO way.

What a boring season since we knew who would win it right from the start. The past two weeks I've had hope Kyle might be able to pull out ahead of Jennifer, but not to be. He did great,though, and should be proud!

FORT Regular

Thanks misterteetoo for looking up the connection between Palin's publisher, HarperCollins, and ABC!

Wow, the drugs seem to be talking for Jennifer in her interview on Kimmel right now.

I was hoping Kyle would pull the win off. I had no clue who he was going into the season, but he really won me over.

I hope that next season's celebrity-pro pairings are completely random.
    Last edited by Valancy; 11-24-2010 at 12:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;4113247;
    I'm wondering if she would have if she didn't have Derek. To me, she just wasnt Jennifer Grey looking like that. Not that I was ever a fan, but it was just odd to watch Ferris Buehller and see her like that and how she is now (between DD and FB, the only two movies I know her from, I'd watch Ferris anyday). I realize all the footage of her moaning about her injuries isn't her choosing, but the producers made it really hard to get behind her even if I wanted to. Right up until the last second.

But what if she doesn't? Not everyone gets a career boost. At best they'll wind up with their own reality show and maybe jobs on GMA/ET/E News/Extra corresponding for th show next season. I don't think running the risk of permanently injuring yourself and potentially losing work is worth it. Only Jennifer knows for sure what her body can take and what it can't, but for me (and I do suffer from chronic back pain along with other ailments), this wouldn't be worth it. As much as I'd love to do it, physically I know my body would never let me keep up.
    Oh it WOULD Karalot. Just go to Jenn's doctor for one of those magic shots that cures.... everything!

Gosh, I'm feeling snarky. I love this show and am so disappointed in this season. I feel cheated!

Quote Originally Posted by fireflyer
    I don't think Jennifer would've been as popular in this competition if she still had her big nose. Just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by IrishGal;4113250;
    What do you mean?
    I mean that her improved nose is MUCH more camera-friendly.

I am a huge fan of the movie "Dirty Dancing". I think I've watched it 30 times. I'm completely content with Jennifer in that role. Her and Patrick ARE the movie.

But after DWtS ended tonight, I saw some clips on another channel of Jennifer's DWtS routines, followed by some clips of "Baby" dancing. And I realized getting the nosejob made Jennifer a MUCH better-looking 50-yr-old than she would've been with her original nose.

Never once when watching "Dirty Dancing" did I think Baby was unattractive. But tonight when I saw the 50-yr-old Jennifer, followed by the 20's Jennifer, I recoiled. For a split-second I thought "uggh, Baby's face is scary. That face would be hideous with 20 more years added onto it.".

I believe if she had never had a nose-job, she wouldn't look as extremely attractive today as what she does. And since viewers vote on attractiveness, I don't think she would've made it into the top 3 if she still sported her original nose.

Television is ALL about looks.
    Last edited by fireflyer; 11-24-2010 at 12:51 AM.

I don't think her nose is all she's had done. Celebs who have had lots of plastic surgery have really shiny faces. Heidi Montag (although I loosely refer to her as a celeb), Melanie Griffin, Joan Rivers, Kathy Griffin.....and Jennifer Grey, to name a few off the top of my head. They all have super shiny skin. Not greasy looking like oily skin appears. It's really not an attractive aspect of getting so much work done.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Yes Virginia there is a Santa Claus. I was so glad that spawn of Sarah Palin the ah "teen activist" did not win. I wanted Kyle to win but Jennifer was a better dancer. I would have been happy either way.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by stcroix1;4113255;

Oh it WOULD Karalot. Just go to Jenn's doctor for one of those magic shots that cures.... everything!

Gosh, I'm feeling snarky. I love this show and am so disappointed in this season. I feel cheated!
    Maybe he can help me get over this virus that I've had for over a week I don't feel cheated. I feel more letdown than I expected, because I'm happy the season is done, and when it was obvious early on I wish they'd just hand the stupid mirrorball out. But I guess since I love DWTS, I'm sorry that this season was a flop. I guess I feel sorry for the contestants and partly wish Kyle could have gotten out before the finale. Don't get me wrong, he was a joy to watch, and I'm happy he made it, but considering all the negativity surrounding this particular finale, I wish he could have avoided it. He and Lacey were good sports.

What was the deal with the scoring tonight? I missed the ranking system for once. The first dance, what, they could only give out one 8, 9, and 10 each? I loved Brooke saying to Jennifer/Derek 'we've still got some ten's out there'. Reminds me how Bob Barker used to tease the contestants on TPIR when they were up for a car and he'd remind them that they hadn't done the one thing to lose it. The insta-dance was pointless. And the scoring there was also pointless. They should have just given them all perfect 30s.

Bristol/Mark sure seemed to take to getting third well. In all, a dismal season that's forgettable except for the drama and controversy.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by northernviewer;4113236;
    People with chronic pain learn to live with it and try to function as normally as possible under the circumstances... you can either choose to avoid anything that causes pain and discomfort or you can live life to the fullest and suffer later - happier for the experience. If you've lived with it , or know somebody who has, you know exactly what I'm talking about. Way to go Jennifer.... you did good
    I don't know how chronic Jennifer's pain is, but she said she had her neck fixed in order to compete, and on the show we saw a doctor advise her that it was risky to continue dancing on her bum knee and now she's ruptured a disc in her back. In her case, according to at least one doctor that we know of, her pain may be a warning that she's risking further, more serious problems by dancing. I didn't mean that people with chronic pain should give up anything that causes them pain. I just wondered at what point the show might step in and insist that contestants stop--or at what point a contestant might make that choice himself/herself--because the risk wasn't worth winning what is, after all, just a tacky plastic trophy.

I don't begrudge Jennifer her win, and I honestly hope it will be worth it to her overall. But I also hope it doesn't encourage other contestants to continue past what might be reasonable limits for them, just because they've got a shot at winning, because I'm afraid at some point that someone might get seriously injured.

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo;4113262;
    I don't think her nose is all she's had done. Celebs who have had lots of plastic surgery have really shiny faces. Heidi Montag (although I loosely refer to her as a celeb), Melanie Griffin, Joan Rivers, Kathy Griffin.....and Jennifer Grey, to name a few off the top of my head. They all have super shiny skin. Not greasy looking like oily skin appears. It's really not an attractive aspect of getting so much work done.
    A doctor who gave me Botox told me before-hand than sometimes people who get Botox have a shiny forehead. I immediately looked at HIS forehead and saw it was shiny. (Not greasy, just shiny.) I went through with the injections, and I saw that my skin also got shiny. Also I got rid of the WRINKLES!!! Yeah! I made a good trade, trading in the wrinkles and getting shiny.

But I do wonder WHY it is that people get shiny. It's quite odd.

It IS odd...lol I might have to google it.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

+ Reply to Thread