+ Reply to Thread
Page 32 of 40 FirstFirst ... 22232425262728293031323334353637383940 LastLast

Thread: 11/23 Finale Night 2 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 11/23 Finale Night 2 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by VAgirl79;4113197;
    Wow! Jennifer should for sure sign up for medical studies because she's a medical marvel. Such a quick recovery! How miraculous! (Can you sense my sarcasm? )
    I don't know a lot about painkillers, but I know when I took them for a throat surgery, there was absolutely NO WAY I could've gotten up and done a quick step or flung my neck and back around, or snapped my leg around a guy and back and into the air and done the splits all in 2 seconds.

I don't think Jennifer could've done her performances if she was on heavy painkillers. They make you dopey and slow. Jennifer was not dopey nor slow. I think maybe she took a minor painkiller, and was performing on pure adrenaline.

Anyway, most likely her pain was not THAT severe. Just enough to be very annoying.

My husband who hasn't watched the show once this season....the first thing he said upon seeing Bristol was..."Is she knocked up again"?

I'm bummed. I wanted Kyle to win.

Ok. Now THIS I know about. Jennifer ruptured a disc? And she went to the doctor and he fixed her up in ONE day? Really now? It takes weeks of therapy to get a disc to slip back into place and sometimes it doesn't at all. Mine didn't and I had to have surgery. She is so full of poo. Ugh.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Quote Originally Posted by FlowerIce;4113211;
    Wow. Derek and Jennifer won. I'm so shocked. **rolls eyes**

I think Derek is a great dancer, but DWTS is turning me totally against him. Really, is it too much to ask that ONE season he gets a Kate G? I want to see what he can do with someone who sucks. If he could take a Kate G and turn her into a semi decent dancer, I'd take back every bad word I've ever said about him.
    This is how I feel personally - he seems to be a nice person, if a little competitive. But, he has had very good dancers/ringers the past three seasons, and really it isn't fair to the other dances.

If he gets someone who needs work and makes them a decent dancer or even wins with a Cinderella type, then I think people would truly give him the accolades he's given by media. Still think Jennifer's injuries were exaggerated (sorry, I do question if they really were serious, as we've seen people leave on similar injuries before) or she's on a lot of medicine, but she did earn her trophy.

I'm SO GLAD though that if he couldn't win that Kyle was runner-up. I have enjoyed his dances, and he had a smile regardless of the scores. He was clearly having fun, and to me that makes him a winner in my book even if he doesn't have the cheesy trophy. Hopefully this will open up new doors for him - he has potential to be a funny comedian or actor and has shown he can dance as well.

Bristol - well, she did at least have a couple of good routines in finale night. I still think it'd been better if it were Brandy instead of her, but I'm glad she finished in third because that's where her dancing would've placed her.

Overall a meh season where most of us figured Jennifer Grey would win the season due to "Dirty Dancing."

I'm SO hoping (against hope I'm sure), that next season we see more true stars - older actors we grew up watching, some younger ones and maybe one or two others who are not ringers and who can show that they want to learn and not give of an entitled vibe I felt from several this season.

Now I am wondering if Bristol really ever received enough fan votes to keep her on the show. Was it real or all producer directed to cause controversy?

Thrilled for Jennifer and Kyle. Amazing jobs.

FORT Fogey

I will never again have to watch Bristol Palin schlumping across the dance floor. Thank you God.

I will never again have to listen to Jennifer Grey whine about ANYTHING. Thank you God.

I *met* a new and talented performer this season in Kyle Massey. Look forward to watching Kyle perform again somewhere. Thank you Kyle.
    This isnít the Sound of freaking Music weíre watching.......sdl

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden;4113234;
    I'd be really suspicious of a doctor who said it was okay to compete in a dance competition with a newly ruptured disc. Even the doctor who looked at her knee suggested she was taking a risk he couldn't recommend by continuing to dance on it. I hope the trophy turns out to be worth it for her, and that it doesn't end up costing her some surgery.
    You have a good point. Most likely the doctor ordered her to NOT participate. Most likely she said "I am going to compete tonight, regardless of what you say!" Most likely she figured a little surgery is an adequate price to pay for another shot at fame. After all, millions of people endure surgeries daily.

I'm not a famewhore or anything, but if I thought doing a performance that would revitalize my career would result in needing a surgery, I would probably do it. Anybody can recover from a surgery. But not anybody can magically have their career reborn. Jennifer will get a ton of acting jobs out of this.

When Tom mentioned that the ABC site crashed a few times I had to laugh... it was everybody in North America voting, making sure that Bristol didn't win
    I hate to brag but I tried on some earrings that I wore in highschool... and they still fit
    Proud member of the Rose Coloured Glasses Club

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by fireflyer;4113228;
    I don't think Jennifer would've been as popular in this competition if she still had her big nose. Just a thought.
    I'm wondering if she would have if she didn't have Derek. To me, she just wasnt Jennifer Grey looking like that. Not that I was ever a fan, but it was just odd to watch Ferris Buehller and see her like that and how she is now (between DD and FB, the only two movies I know her from, I'd watch Ferris anyday). I realize all the footage of her moaning about her injuries isn't her choosing, but the producers made it really hard to get behind her even if I wanted to. Right up until the last second.

I'm not a famewhore or anything, but if I thought doing a performance that would revitalize my career would result in needing a surgery, I would probably do it. Anybody can recover from a surgery. But not anybody can magically have their career reborn. Jennifer will get a ton of acting jobs out of this.
    But what if she doesn't? Not everyone gets a career boost. At best they'll wind up with their own reality show and maybe jobs on GMA/ET/E News/Extra corresponding for th show next season. I don't think running the risk of permanently injuring yourself and potentially losing work is worth it. Only Jennifer knows for sure what her body can take and what it can't, but for me (and I do suffer from chronic back pain along with other ailments), this wouldn't be worth it. As much as I'd love to do it, physically I know my body would never let me keep up.
    Last edited by karalott; 11-24-2010 at 01:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by fireflyer;4113244;

The problem with that is ....sometimes for various reasons, people die in surgery. And it's hit or miss with back surgeries. In my case, it was wonderful and as long as I don't do anything stupid (like a back bend), I feel pretty good most days. But I know several people who had the same surgery and it didn't fix their issues. They are still in severe pain with no hope of a fix. Having felt that kind of pain, I wouldn't take the risk. It's miserable and debilitating.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Quote Originally Posted by fireflyer;4113228;
    I don't think Jennifer would've been as popular in this competition if she still had her big nose. Just a thought.
    What do you mean?

+ Reply to Thread