+ Reply to Thread
Page 30 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2021222324252627282930313233343536373839 ... LastLast

Thread: 11/23 Finale Night 2 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: 11/23 Finale Night 2 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by fireflyer;4113191;
    People are probably getting tired of Derek winning, but hey, I like watching Derek. You know what I like most about him? He is very loving toward his partners. He is just always so encouraging, always reassuring them. Most guys aren't nearly that loving. I like it.
    Yeah, but it'd be nice if the show recognized that some of us don't care for the golde on. Instead of giving Derek the ringers or near ringers every season, if the judges weren't so far up his behind, but I realize they love his gimmicks and flashy routines. I like watching him dance but am just over him as a pro partner. Next season, odds are he'll have another partner that will get him far either by their fanbase or his own.

Quote Originally Posted by Tobi;4113194;
    Jennifer is on some serious medical mary-jane. But who cares? Congrats to Derek and Jennifer. I love Derek, though I know I'm not in the majority with that, I think he def. deserves it, he gets the most out of his partners and seems to put up with a lot, I doubt it was easy listening to baby all that time not to mention being terrified of hurting her.
    Yah that's true. Most good-looking young men don't necessarily wanna spend time w/ a 50-yr-old woman, let alone have to rub his hands all over a 50-yr-old woman and spend day after day after day with her, and LISTEN to all the pain complaints (which older people do, often), and worry about pushing a senior too much.

Nothing against 50-yr-old woman! It's just not what most 20's men enjoy. Derek was just as loving and supportive as usual.

He honestly IS VERY GOOD at teaching & dancing both. It's fair that he won.

I agree with the person who suggested giving him a dud next time, to see what he can do with her.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by fireflyer;4113196;
    Do the pros really want the wins badly? What actual benefit do they get from it? Is it just the thrill of competition? I suppose that's it, and that IS logical. But from an entertainment aspect, I don't think I really care which pro wins each season. They are simply an accessory.
    Well, I think it does matter, especially to the pros constantly getting screwed every season that have been on longer than Derek and Mark. If their twitters are any indication, Derek/Mark do take to winning as though it's all about them. Julianne last season told people to vote for Derek because he didn't ask for outside help in the freestyle round, then after Zinger the Ringer won, he was proclaiming 'six baby' (all the trophies he, Mark, and Julianne won). It doesn't help that he and Mark are so tacky in celebrating, though they were more toned down this season. As a non Derek fan, I see him being held to a different, better standard, while all the other couples are his back ups. I'd want Derek as partner, because you really can't go wrong in between the judges, the song selections, and the dances. I won't be at all surprised if Mark gets the ringer next season so he can win and the show can make up all the Bristol drama. And I'm sure once again Derek will get a partner who already has potential or is a ringer. I'd give him more credit if he turned someone like Bristol into someone like Jennifer. He already has, and has always had, people that he can bring the best out of. I don't think it's saying the other pros aren't just as good because they don't get that lucky.
    Last edited by karalott; 11-24-2010 at 12:17 AM.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Tobi;4113194;
    Jennifer is on some serious medical mary-jane. But who cares? Congrats to Derek and Jennifer. I love Derek, though I know I'm not in the majority with that, I think he def. deserves it, he gets the most out of his partners and seems to put up with a lot, I doubt it was easy listening to baby all that time not to mention being terrified of hurting her.
    I think Derek is great. I've never seen arrogance or cockiness in either him - or Mark. Instead, I see youthful enthusiasm.

I think this season really demonstrates how matching people is really important. The F3 pairings were spot on. I could not, for example, imagine any of the other female dancers pushing Kyle to do as well as he did - and with as much fun and enthusasm.

Same with Bristol and Mark. Bristol needed a younger guy whose enthusiasm could make her come out of her shell while simultaneously keeping her engaged in the process in a good way. Everyone but Mark would be either too old or too serious. And then, Derek and Jennifer....Derek is mature and smart enough to work well with an older but very capable woman is a on the needy side.

They don't always work the way they should, but when they do, a good pairing can go a long way. Derek, Mark, and Lacey did really great jobs with what they had to work with.

I think Bristol is adorable, but Kyle is far more fun to watch dance. And Jennifer - at her age - is to die for. Glad she and Kyle made F1 and F2.

I think that the finale was a win for everybody.
    Bristol: Bristol didn't really have a chance to win, but she gave her best dances of the season and I loved their cha cha instant dance. She had a glowing smile on her face all night and was confident and poised. I think she knew she would go home third, pressure was off, and she just had fun. She didn't even quit smiling when awaiting news of how they ended. She saved her best for last, stood up straight and held her own. She earned great money to raise Tripp on, and I have read that she is getting great career offers from her appearances on the show.
    Kyle: Kyle has proved his worth in the entertainment business. The sky is the limit for him. He had me smiling and cheering all through the finale. Great job. His career is going to take off in a rocket ship.
    Jennifer: Jen deserved the win and I am glad she was able to stay and finish it. As someone who has had spine surgery, I can't imagine dancing, much less winning dancing with the stars. Maybe this will get her back on the A list and into some projects we can enjoy.
    ABC: ABC won because by going "chalk" (elimination order as expected) they were able to get the media off their back, the fury to die down and the half of the audience angry that Bristol made the final to stay watching the show which salvages it for future seasons. Bristol was my favorite and I voted all 10 of my votes for her, but in all honesty I am not sure show would have survived if she had won.
    "We were just going to do whatever it took to win."--Texas Longhorn Quarterback Colt McCoy

I must say, after this season, I've really grown to like Lacey. Aside from her bizarre costumes, I think she chroreographs really well and I was truly impressed.

As far as Derek goes, I think he is wonderfully talented and an amazing dancer..I just think it's time he got his dud..it's way overdue!

For next season, they need to give my main man Louis a contender!
    Keep your feet on the ground, when your heads in the clouds!

Wow. Derek and Jennifer won. I'm so shocked. **rolls eyes**

I think Derek is a great dancer, but DWTS is turning me totally against him. Really, is it too much to ask that ONE season he gets a Kate G? I want to see what he can do with someone who sucks. If he could take a Kate G and turn her into a semi decent dancer, I'd take back every bad word I've ever said about him.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by fireflyer;4113191;
    People are probably getting tired of Derek winning, but hey, I like watching Derek. You know what I like most about him? He is very loving toward his partners. He is just always so encouraging, always reassuring them. Most guys aren't nearly that loving. I like it.
    I agree... i enjoy watching him too... and he always comes up with the
    most amazing moves... i always think ....wow... how did he do that?????

Well, as far as taking first went, at least Bristol the Pistol shot a blank (GOODY!).

Would've loved it if Kyle'd won, but that would have been asking way, WAY too much.

Jennifer and Derek (as always) were good, and, if you just look at it from a strictly dancing standpoint, deserved to win.

However, I can't help but wonder . . .

When Jennifer crashes from her apparently medically-induced high (well, that's how she came across!), will she ask herself if a mirrorball trophy was worth it.

Probably not.

And yes, I DO wish Derek would get a dud next season!
    Last edited by ness; 11-24-2010 at 12:28 AM.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by fireflyer;4113203;
    Yah that's true. Most good-looking young men don't necessarily wanna spend time w/ a 50-yr-old woman, let alone have to rub his hands all over a 50-yr-old woman and spend day after day after day with her, and LISTEN to all the pain complaints (which older people do, often), and worry about pushing a senior too much.

Nothing against 50-yr-old woman! It's just not what most 20's men enjoy. Derek was just as loving and supportive as usual.

He honestly IS VERY GOOD at teaching & dancing both. It's fair that he won.

I agree with the person who suggested giving him a dud next time, to see what he can do with her.
    I suspect given the kind of shape Jennifer Grey is in, there are any number of younger men who wouldn't mind going the cougar route with her..at least on the dance floor if not off it.

+ Reply to Thread