+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 40 FirstFirst ... 192021222324252627282930313233343536373839 ... LastLast

Thread: 11/23 Finale Night 2 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 11/23 Finale Night 2 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

At least Derek is behaving like he (halfway) has some manners and home training towards Jennifer, tonight.

But of course, Mark had to hoist him up on his shoulders.

And Corky got into the act by hoisting Jennifer.
    Last edited by ness; 11-23-2010 at 11:03 PM.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;4113185;
    Glad Jennifer is feeling better.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Predictable outcome, predictable season, too much drama and exaggerating things, some celebs got screwed, and now Derek/Mark can brag about their 3-peat. I suppose next season Mark will whine until he gets his.

People are probably getting tired of Derek winning, but hey, I like watching Derek. You know what I like most about him? He is very loving toward his partners. He is just always so encouraging, always reassuring them. Most guys aren't nearly that loving. I like it.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by ness;4113188;
    At least Derek is behaving like he has some manners and home training towards Jennifer, tonight.

But of course, Mark had to hoist him up on his shoulders.

And Corky got into the act by hoisting Jennifer.
    I think Corky beat Mark by half a second. Enough with the hoist boys. We get it. It's his 3rd win, your 7th total, who cares anymore.

I am a child of the 80's. I wish they woulda played up the "Baby"/DirtyDancing aspect a little more. Not by dancing dirty, but I whish they would've included more of the moves made famous by that movie.

Jennifer is on some serious medical mary-jane. But who cares? Congrats to Derek and Jennifer. I love Derek, though I know I'm not in the majority with that, I think he def. deserves it, he gets the most out of his partners and seems to put up with a lot, I doubt it was easy listening to baby all that time not to mention being terrified of hurting her.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;4113192;
    I think Corky beat Mark by half a second. Enough with the hoist boys. We get it. It's his 3rd win, your 7th total, who cares anymore.
    Do the pros really want the wins badly? What actual benefit do they get from it? Is it just the thrill of competition? I suppose that's it, and that IS logical. But from an entertainment aspect, I don't think I really care which pro wins each season. They are simply an accessory.

Wow! Jennifer should for sure sign up for medical studies because she's a medical marvel. Such a quick recovery! How miraculous! (Can you sense my sarcasm? )

Another waste of a season, another scripted load of hooey. How many of us said before this even started that she would win? And I know myself and others have been saying it would be Bristol 3rd (once she had outlasted her usefulness to the show), Kyle 2nd, and Jennifer the winner. All of the "drama" was one big smokescreen to distract folks from the fact that the winner was preordained, and it was Queen Jennifer and the Judges' Pet Derek.

Needless to say, my reaction to this is the same as it was in the spring:

Kyle got ripped off.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by fireflyer;4113191;
    People are probably getting tired of Derek winning, but hey, I like watching Derek. You know what I like most about him? He is very loving toward his partners. He is just always so encouraging, always reassuring them. Most guys aren't nearly that loving. I like it.
    I can't speak for anyone else, but what I'm sick of with regard to Derek is two-fold. He mugs for the camera a lot, and after this many seasons, it's starting to get on my nerves. He also has never really gotten a true dud of a partner. He may not always get ringers, but he typically gets people with potential--they're younger, they're in shape, they can handle some challenges in the choreography. Even Mark has gotten some duds. So has Julianne--after she had back to back wins, she got Adam Corolla. I suspect if Derek gets his own version of Adam Corolla next season, people will be less critical, especially if he manages to adjust to teaching someone with less potential well. However, I think TPTB at DWTS are far too entranced with Derek to ever give him anyone truly without much potential. Not unless that person has a huge fanbase that will keep her around for a while anyway.

+ Reply to Thread