+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1314151617181920212223

Thread: 11/22 Finale Night 1 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 11/22 Finale Night 1 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

MF,
    I, too, love your post.

In addition, I do realize that this is an entertainment show, pure and simple.
    I do realize that the best dancer does not always win.
    Still, I prefer not to see mediocrity, or worse, get rewarded once again.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Last nights finale round was kinda ho-hum--except for Kyle. Wowee. He wasn't even in my top 5 at the beginning of the season but that kid has grown on me. He IS the essence of the show, or why it has continued to be successful. Take someone who is not a dancer and right before our very eyes, he emerges as a bonafide ballroom dancer. That is entertainment. I loved his homage to the Fresh Prince, c'mon who doesn't love Will Smith? I am very surprised that none of the lyrics were bleeped out tho. His free style did not disappoint. Based on other years, the freestyle usually determines the winner. This year I am not so sure, as there are many other factors in that equation. Poor Kyle.

As for Bristol, while her Jive didn't improve all that much, her dress and attitude was much better. That shade of blue really looked good on her and the dress was very cute. Her dance was OK and again overscored. I feel kinda bad for her (oh gawd!! that is SO hard to say) the judges have been coddling her but it isn't in her best interest. She has to know that she isn't/hasn't been as good as others and it has to have an impact on her. I don't believe that she is confident in herself and the fake appreciation is probably playing with her head. Hopefully she does gain some self confidence and learns from this experience. As for Mark, he looked kinda horrified that he was still in the finals with her. What a tool. Everyone else looked happy except for those two.

I wish they hadn't done a DD redux. It's really not fair to draw on people's memories and sentiment like that when the others didn't have the same option--and they didn't have to do it. Jennifer's good enough to do a freestyle that had zero to do with DD and still outscore everyone else.
    Was she supposed to ignore the movie that made her a star? If she had, she would have gotten criticism for that too. "how dare you ignore the movie that made you famous?" Jenn had no control over the packages that were filmed for their storyline. Seems kinda odd that storylines are needed for this show, but apparently there are. It does influence people, good or bad. It draws people in and message boards blow up talking about how unfair everything is. At the end of the day the producers are happy that people are watching, voting, spending money and talking. The lines are being drawn further and further apart from what we would accept in our lives and being outraged about "those people". We let them blur the lines while continuing to watch and expressing vitriol to those 'evil, evil Hollywood types'.

Like it or not, fair or foul, for me the pros are in many cases as big or bigger "stars" than their partners and it does influence my voting - or lack of it.
    Ahh another reason people vote for reasons that they want to. This must be reason number 7 at least. We all have our reasons for voting and why and how much time is spent doing that. I don't necessarily take the pro into consideration for my votes. I base it strictly on who entertains me, dances well, has a great attitude about going outside their comfort zone, work ethic and a good back story. I have not taken to Tony, Louis or Anna over the years. I did vote for their celebrity though, if they met the aforementioned criteria. I haven't automatically voted for my fave pros just because they are there, especially if I didn't like their celebrity. But if their dance entertained me, wow-ed me then, yes they would get my vote. It's all a matter of what YOU want to vote for and it seems that everyone here draws their line in the sand wherever they want. Whatever reason that someone decides to vote is valid. So, it doesn't surprise me that people are voting for Bristol for whatever reason they choose. Would I vote for her with my criteria? No. She is going way out of her comfort zone but that's all she has done so far.

I always wondered about the pros' choices for the freestyle and came to the conclusion they were "advised" what to do.
    I don't think so, the pros rely on their dancing for their livelihood. You think they are going to present themselves as "less than professional" or incompetent? I do believe that some just aren't as creative as others.

On that note...Hopefully tonight none of you shoot up your TV. Enjoy the show, may the best one win and all that jazz!!
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

Quote Originally Posted by MomAt40Pls;4112556;
    Just my random comments for whatever they are worth:

<sniip>

5. I seriously doubt that ABC finds a need to do "damage control." What damage has been done to them really? A lot of people are talking about their show and it is all over the news (even on other networks) and the internet. I'm betting that ABC hoped for this result and that's why they asked Bristol to be on in the first place. I'm sure they LOVE this kind of "damage" and feel no need to control it.

<snip>
    My feeling that ABC is complaining all the way to the bank with all the extra attention given to a silly little reality TV show, and of course, the ratings surge!

Quote Originally Posted by mushybrain;4112575;
    Oh, Lucky! Thank you for this post! You wrote exactly what I feel. I "hate" all this "haters" nonsense.

How hard would it be for Bristol to simply act gracious amidst all the criticism? If I was her publicist or PR person (or her mother), I would tell her to say this:

"I know there are a lot of people who think I should not be in the DWTS final. I disagree with them, but I certainly would never try to deny them their right to express their opinion. I am grateful to my fans for voting for me, and I will work hard to make them proud."

Would that really be so difficult???

Oh, and one more bit of advice. Bristol, please purge the word "s*cks" from your vocabularly when you are giving an interview. You are no longer a child, so please try to model mature, respectful language. You can still relate to teens while being a well-spoken young woman.
    I think of Bristol as a young 20 year old ... small town, reserved and sincerely doubt she has a publicist.

And, this 20 year old has had to endure far more than her share of negative attention by senseless jerks ... and, I agree with her that there are "haters", although I refer to them as the emotionally challenged.

This morning I read that ABC is receiving multiple death threats against Bristol ... who now is being shadowed by enhanced security ...

I suppose my point here is, given the circumstances, I think the girl is doing a fine job communicating, just as she is.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by mushybrain;4112575;
    Oh, Lucky! Thank you for this post! You wrote exactly what I feel. I "hate" all this "haters" nonsense.

How hard would it be for Bristol to simply act gracious amidst all the criticism? If I was her publicist or PR person (or her mother), I would tell her to say this:

"I know there are a lot of people who think I should not be in the DWTS final. I disagree with them, but I certainly would never try to deny them their right to express their opinion. I am grateful to my fans for voting for me, and I will work hard to make them proud."

Would that really be so difficult???

Oh, and one more bit of advice. Bristol, please purge the word "s*cks" from your vocabularly when you are giving an interview. You are no longer a child, so please try to model mature, respectful language. You can still relate to teens while being a well-spoken young woman.
    Perfect!

Quote Originally Posted by mushybrain;4112476;
    Or, she could have marched herself down to the local Blockbuster or Redbox and rented the dang video, or viewed it on YouTube, just to get an idea of what it was all about!
    She was too busy typing in profanities on Facebook, in response to her younger sister's profanity in abbreviated form on FB.

She most certainly does have a publicist and IMO would be foolish not to have one. One quick google search found that out. There are a lot of crazy people out there, unfortunately. It's just a dance show and the earth will keep spinning if she wins. I am sorry she is having to put up with death threats.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by moflan;4112777;
    She was too busy typing in profanities on Facebook, in response to her younger sister's profanity in abbreviated form on FB.
    Funny that she complains about haters hating on her, yet she herself is a hater.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;4112574;
    I guess I'm an old fogey -- I don't get this need to see this extra layer of "drama" added to everything on TV in order for it to be entertaining. Why does everything have to turn into ugliness for it to be worth watching? There are plenty of shows where this is the norm in every episode. Why does it have to bleed into such an innocent, escapist show like DWTS? It's just not necessary to me. There's too much ugly drama on TV already. Why can't they let me have these 2 hours a week, where people get all dressed up and try to be elegant and refined for a little while? Leave the "reality TV" crap out of DWTS. The dancing itself is entertaining enough for me.
    Very well said! I was thinking today, that I enjoyed this show so much better when stunt casting did more harm than good; that the rehearsal packages were pure fluff and fun and not all this talking about injuries every week, getitng into it with your pro, showmances, talking like a drama queen that is so oblivious to every thing around her and if we don't like it you're a "hater". Season 6, for me, is when this show starting losing it's luster. Season 8 was a step back in the right direction but the producers have really gotten too greedy. And, I think they insult their viewers on alot of different levels, this time saying people always vow to tune out but never do. Do they really now where this new surge of viewers comes from, and whether they'll really be back next season?

I used to not be able to wait to get home and watch, and worry that the show wouldn't record. I never missed an episode, and would watch certain dances over and over again. This time around, I missed last night and don't care, there isn't really 1 dance this season that stood out, and tonight I could really care less who wins. I'm looking more forward to seeing my favorite celebs that got booted. There's a lot of things that have irked me with this show in recent seasons, and I don't care what the ratings say, this season and all it's drama haven't been worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by misterteetoo;4112789;
    Funny that she complains about haters hating on her, yet she herself is a hater.
    She certainly proved that with her Facebook shenanigans. Also, showed she really isn't very bright at all...like no one would notice?

+ Reply to Thread