+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 121314151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: 11/22 Finale Night 1 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 11/22 Finale Night 1 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by nanarama;4112414;
    You make some very good points - especially in regard to the producers perhaps having input into the freestyle. I honestly felt at the time that was the case with Mya. Her freestyle wasn't what she originally was pushing for and I think it contributed to her losing. I felt that the producers might have pushed Dmitry into a safer, more boring routine so that Donny could more easily be proclaimed the winner. Mya was one of the "ringer-est" ringers they've ever had and her winning might have not been as much of a "feel good" ending as Donny's was.
    If Bristol scores poorly (relatively speaking) on her freestyle and her number is less relateable to young people who vote for her than dancing a hip-hop number (for example,) she will have less of a votes+judges score to overcome than she might otherwise which will allow the judges to use their scores tonight to insure Jennifer or Kyle wins.
    As for me, at this point there isn't anyone I'd like to see win. Bristol: I don't feel she deserves it (though no, I'm not a "hater. ) I certainly see improvement, just not enough to justify her winning. Plus even though she is young, I don't think she's handled herself with as much "grace" as she could have in these last few weeks. Jennifer was the one I thought I'd be pulling for when the cast was originally announced but the combination of her partner (who hasn't been as bad a usual but still...) and her complaining about her injuries has gotten on my nerves. And finally, Kyle. He would be a shoe-in for me. Great personality, cute as a button and the essense of what I think the show stands for BUT...oh my gosh! Lacey????? For me, she has been more irritating this season than ever before - and I never have cared for her. I hate the idea that she would think that Kyle winning was all her doing when actually, his personality and charisma are what has gotten him through IMO, in spite of Lacey.
    Like it or not, fair or foul, for me the pros are in many cases as big or bigger "stars" than their partners and it does influence my voting - or lack of it.So last night I voted for NO ONE because at this point, I. Just. Don't. Care.
    I totally agree with this point. I remember Len one time really punishing Lacey for outdancing Lance because they were given Western Swing and her dad was the champ and he understood she was good, but she was there to promote her partner (Bass) not herself. Looks like the judges have given up trying to cut that down. Look at Maks' temper tantrums. Not to mention some pros interrupt their partners (when talking to Brooke) or make faces and distracting gestures while they talk (though I love some of Anna's faces, it is distracting.)
    "We were just going to do whatever it took to win."--Texas Longhorn Quarterback Colt McCoy

Also, this is a direct Facebook quote from a friend (in her 30's, not really old or young) explaining why she's voting like crazy for Bristol. Thought y'all might like to see someone's perspective who's never heard of FORT. This was her response to angry comments made after she revealed she was voting for Bristol.

"Haha! My prediction is jennifer wins and she deserves it. However I absolutely LOVE the drama surrounding Bristol. It has nothing to do with dancing for me... I'm just feeding the frenzy and fueling late night entertainment. I mean really, a guy shoots his television? Hillarious to me that people are THIS upset that she is still on."

Some people might be bugged by her cavalier attitude (the way I was when people were "voting for the worst" and keeping Kate Gosselin around,) but it does give another perspective.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by nanarama;4112431;
    Also, this is a direct Facebook quote from a friend (in her 30's, not really old or young) explaining why she's voting like crazy for Bristol. Thought y'all might like to see someone's perspective who's never heard of FORT. This was her response to angry comments made after she revealed she was voting for Bristol.

"Haha! My prediction is jennifer wins and she deserves it. However I absolutely LOVE the drama surrounding Bristol. It has nothing to do with dancing for me... I'm just feeding the frenzy and fueling late night entertainment. I mean really, a guy shoots his television? Hillarious to me that people are THIS upset that she is still on."

Some people might be bugged by her cavalier attitude (the way I was when people were "voting for the worst" and keeping Kate Gosselin around,) but it does give another perspective.
    I get what she is saying. I think it will be a letdown if Jennifer wins. There has been so much excitement around what will happen if Bristol wins that anything less is ho hum. It is just a silly show for entertainment so entertain me and lets see an upset!

Quote Originally Posted by bevorules;4112309;
    All it did was highlight that she had never seen the show the music was from and had to completely guess at the character (remember she is the one without music or acting experience.).
    Or, she could have marched herself down to the local Blockbuster or Redbox and rented the dang video, or viewed it on YouTube, just to get an idea of what it was all about!

I kinda want to see Bristol win just for the drama too.

If I had to choose, I guess that I'd want Kyle to win, but I know that no way will that happen. Jennifer is the best dancer, but I'm so tired of Derek always getting the best partners so I just can't root for them. Just one season I'd love to see Derek get stuck with a Kate G or a Florence and see how he handles that.

Bristol winning would, by far, be the most entertaining. I'm sure some of the meltdowns would be epic.

FORT Fan

Just my random comments for whatever they are worth:

1. Reality TV is anything but reality.

2. I don't think Bristol should win, but if she does I won't lose any sleep over it.

3. This is not really a dance show. It's an entertainment show. I voted for Kyle because he was always entertaining.

4. I'm a member of the Tea Party and I have never voted for Bristol and have never been asked to vote for Bristol by any other Tea Party member in person or through email. True Tea Party members are much more interested in other voting venues.

5. I seriously doubt that ABC finds a need to do "damage control." What damage has been done to them really? A lot of people are talking about their show and it is all over the news (even on other networks) and the internet. I'm betting that ABC hoped for this result and that's why they asked Bristol to be on in the first place. I'm sure they LOVE this kind of "damage" and feel no need to control it.

6. No matter who wins, I'm sure most of the people who watch this show regularly will be back to watch it again next season.

I guess I'm an old fogey -- I don't get this need to see this extra layer of "drama" added to everything on TV in order for it to be entertaining. Why does everything have to turn into ugliness for it to be worth watching? There are plenty of shows where this is the norm in every episode. Why does it have to bleed into such an innocent, escapist show like DWTS? It's just not necessary to me. There's too much ugly drama on TV already. Why can't they let me have these 2 hours a week, where people get all dressed up and try to be elegant and refined for a little while? Leave the "reality TV" crap out of DWTS. The dancing itself is entertaining enough for me.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky22;4112340;
    Again with the "haters"? Did Sarah send a memo to all her supporters asking them to use that word as much as possible, inserting it into every discussion in which she, her family, and what they believe in is fairly criticized or disagreed with? You know, the kind of thing that is guaranteed in the US Constitution and Bill of Rights? Just because most of us can plainly see that Bristol should have been eliminated from this competition many weeks ago based on her ability, that doesn't make us "haters." Disagreeing or holding a different opinion does not make someone a "hater," and it seems to me that those who keep accusing others of this (especially over something as trivial as a TV dance show) are trying to stir up hate, and therefore are the REAL haters.
    Oh, Lucky! Thank you for this post! You wrote exactly what I feel. I "hate" all this "haters" nonsense.

How hard would it be for Bristol to simply act gracious amidst all the criticism? If I was her publicist or PR person (or her mother), I would tell her to say this:

"I know there are a lot of people who think I should not be in the DWTS final. I disagree with them, but I certainly would never try to deny them their right to express their opinion. I am grateful to my fans for voting for me, and I will work hard to make them proud."

Would that really be so difficult???

Oh, and one more bit of advice. Bristol, please purge the word "s*cks" from your vocabularly when you are giving an interview. You are no longer a child, so please try to model mature, respectful language. You can still relate to teens while being a well-spoken young woman.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;4112574;
    I guess I'm an old fogey -- I don't get this need to see this extra layer of "drama" added to everything on TV in order for it to be entertaining. Why does everything have to turn into ugliness for it to be worth watching? There are plenty of shows where this is the norm in every episode. Why does it have to bleed into such an innocent, escapist show like DWTS? It's just not necessary to me. There's too much ugly drama on TV already. Why can't they let me have these 2 hours a week, where people get all dressed up and try to be elegant and refined for a little while? Leave the "reality TV" crap out of DWTS. The dancing itself is entertaining enough for me.
    Thank you for saying what really needed to be said and what a lot of us are thinking. Always enjoy your posts!!

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;4112574;
    Love your post. Ballroom dance is supposed to be classy...so leave the trashy for shows like Jersey Shores and others of that ilk. I wanna see Jennifer win this, she's the best dancer and a classy lady of 50. I say Bravo to her and her season and I couldn't care less that Derek is her partner and will win again.... not her fault but those who matched them up.
    I hate to brag but I tried on some earrings that I wore in highschool... and they still fit
    Proud member of the Rose Coloured Glasses Club

+ Reply to Thread