+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1011121314151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: 11/22 Finale Night 1 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Add It Up Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, Bejeweled® 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Re: 11/22 Finale Night 1 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

=Tobi]I read an article yesterday that said that the producers put Bristol in greater peril to be ridiculed because of the fake bottom two. They could have had Brandy standing there alongside either Jennifer or Kyle (since the bottom two is fake). But since Bristol was standing there beside Brandy in the bottom two, even though she wasn't, it made it seem more like she was the one who bumped her out and therefore she took a greater hit just due to that visual. Otherwise, people would have had an image of whomever was alongside of her. They said they weren't trying to create additional drama by putting her up there as being in the bottom two standing beside the better dancer but ... really....
    Bottom two or no, it was Bristol who bumped Brandy because she was the worst dancer left. They could have put (I suspect, in reality) Jennifer or Kyle with Brandy in the bottom two and the backlash still would have fell on Bristol's voters (and overinflated judges scores)... because she was the most obvious one to go next.

Does anyone else tire of Jenn's celebrating like she won something each time she dances? The other dancers hug their partner and move on to the judges. Jenn either runs off to people in the audience or falls all over the stage like she ran a marathon. Cut the drama sweetie. And naturally, she milked the dirty dancing card hard last night. "That song was mine and Patrick's... this one is for me and Derek..." BLECH! If it's for "you and Derek" why is it even a Dirty Dancing song? Oh, right, milk the sad Patrick fans for all their worth. Bleh. Disgusting.

Quote Originally Posted by rvon
    Someone on another thread said you could still vote until 11AM EST/8AM PST. It's a little after 6:30AM PST so I just used six different email addresses to vote for Kyle. I really think Derek will win, but if it will help Kyle beat Bristol out of 2nd place, I will be very happy.
    The chosen one will win. Not making me happy at all.

Jenn and Derek's constant high tenning gets on my nerves - and the fall to the floor - can't they come up with something original. Jenn also reminded me of Kate with the "I love you, blowing kissing crap" I used to like her - I liked her in DD and Ferris Beuler - when did she become an idiot?
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

FORT Regular

Jen blowing kisses was cloying and annoying, but she might have been doing it for her daughter..can only hope.
    Once again Bristol walked around the floor...attractive spectacle but not much dancing.
    Kyle was the energetic high point of the night. He was plainly fun to watch.

Really Bristol deserves to be last. I think the judges are easy with the scoring to avoid being mauled by a momma grizzly.

jadewarlock: I'd been questioning the legitimacy of Jennifer's claims of how much in pain she was dancing.

Thought same thing. I can't imagine anyone with the neck injuries she claims doing all the neck bends she does. Just Saying!!!!

(Sorry, I'm late to the partayy!)The judges irk me so much! No other star has gotten the treatment Bristol...am I saying its her fault? No. All I'm saying is, is that if any other star wouldve tried to pull those two dances in the final last night, they wouldve been called out on it, no doubt. Her jive had very little actual steps and her freestyle was pretty blah. I just don't get it, at all. Oh and if she wouldve said the word hater one more time last night, I was going to scream. Sweetie, just because you have critics and people who simply voice their opinion and don't care for your dancing, doesn't make us haters. While I don't want her to win on the show, I want her to win in life and be all she can be

Anyways, Kyle did me proud last night! I voted for him numerous times and I'm hoping her can at least pull in a second place win!!
    Keep your feet on the ground, when your heads in the clouds!

I thought the editors/producers leaving the "haters" comment in was just wrong!! Was it a dig at Maks? Every single dancer in every single season has had haters - if she cant' stand the heat she needs to get out of the kitchen. Even Kate took it all in stride. And it pains me to say that.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by KrazeeKy07;4112224;
    (Sorry, I'm late to the partayy!)The judges irk me so much! No other star has gotten the treatment Bristol...am I saying its her fault? No. All I'm saying is, is that if any other star wouldve tried to pull those two dances in the final last night, they wouldve been called out on it, no doubt. Her jive had very little actual steps and her freestyle was pretty blah. I just don't get it, at all. Oh and if she wouldve said the word hater one more time last night, I was going to scream. Sweetie, just because you have critics and people who simply voice their opinion and don't care for your dancing, doesn't make us haters. While I don't want her to win on the show, I want her to win in life and be all she can be Anyways, Kyle did me proud last night! I voted for him numerous times and I'm hoping her can at least pull in a second place win!!
    I agree. She is young and hopefully is on a fast track to maturing given her exposure. Let them spin, Bristol. Pay no attention to what others say about you because it isn't your business. Don't defend. Ignore. Keep focused on your life seperate from your family, they will take care of themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo;4112040;
    Did anyone catch Lacey's face when Bristol...

Her Paso was beautiful, but I agree with those who said her free style wasn't. It wasn't terrible but it certainly wasn't on par with her other dances this season. I guess I'm just over her. She says she is always in pain, yet she skips out at the beginning of the show. She also does all of these moves that someone in pain could not do. l
    I abbreviated your post to the points that I wanted to address

Lacey, for me, is the female Maks, although she controls her tongue a wee-bit better. Her face gives her away.

Jennifer's dancing: Regarding her performances, her Paso was good, but I kept waiting for it to start, or maybe a better way to describe it is, to kick into high gear. Perhaps it's wrong of me to compare it to these two, but when I think of Derek's Pasos, or any of my fave ones, there's tremendous power and challenge between the male and female. Think Evan/Anna and Maks/MelB as well as Derek/Nicole and Derek/Chelsie (pro dance). It never got to that level, and part of me thinks that he went more the flamenco/line route with choreo to make it easier on her, if indeed she's in pain.

Their freestyle, I don't know what to think. It did transport me back to the dance scene in Dirty Dancing , and several of the moves from that scene were incorporated into their dance, like the judges' table dance, etc. They were dirty dancing last night. Do I think that they could have avoided that angle? Sure.

Jenn's pain: Again, I don't know what to think. Dancing with injuries can be, and is, done, but usually, the performance isn't the best, unless you're a professional. Back injuries and neck injuries are particularly difficult to work around, but sometimes, medication or massage will get someone through a performance. The issue seemed to overwhelm her throughout the season so I'm reluctant to brush it off as nothing. At this point, she is finding a way to overcome that pain and give the performances she has.

The finale is rather predictable. To save itself, the show will insure that Jenn wins, Bristol will place 2nd to mollify her masses, and Kyle will come in 3rd. Compared with last season, my first season of watching the show, this one is a Titanic.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by veg_out;4112285;
    <snipped>The finale is rather predictable. To save itself, the show will insure that Jenn wins, Bristol will place 2nd to mollify her masses, and Kyle will come in 3rd. Compared with last season, my first season of watching the show, this one is a Titanic.
    Why should the show be concerned about mollifying a political party? Unless that's what they've been doing all along, of course. That's the only explanation that makes any sense of her ridiculous scores on last night's jive. From my personal point-of-view, it would not mollify me for Bristol to come in 2nd over Kyle. Even if he were under heavy sedation and had lead in his shoes, he could still dance rings around her.

here's a poll from hollywood gossip
    Who are you pulling for on DWTS now?
    Bristol Palin-29%
    Kyle Massey- 12%
    Jennifer Grey- 57%
    Total Votes: 16372
    "People throw rocks at things that shine and life makes love look hard but my choice is you" -Bremily

+ Reply to Thread