+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: 11/22 Finale Night 1 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 11/22 Finale Night 1 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by VAgirl79;4111836;
    Bristol & Mark: I don't know what possessed Mark to choreograph what he did. I thought she did a good job with it, but I don't get why he didn't go a more fun, non-remake route. Big mistake.
    Sounds odd, but I've wondered if he intentionally did it to show how much Bristol has been overscored this season. Like you I don't see why he'd basically do a variation of a hit Broadway show - almost a literal interpretation, especially with the red scarf.

That said, this is probably the ONLY dance I thought Bristol did a good job in, but she still had a sour look on her face. It was not however worthy enough to score the same as Kyle's free.

Kyle & Lacey: I didn't like this, but at least his personality shined through. Too much of a Fresh Prince of Bel Air flashback for me. I like Will Smith, but not that show!
    Yeah... the outfits to me were the clincher on the similarity to the two, save Will didn't wear a name necklace that I can think of.

Out of the three, this is the only one I can think of fondly for this year's free - it was a fun krump, they did a good job overall, he did flip Lacey and did it well and most of all - he had FUN.

Jennifer & Derek: What a joke. You could see her stumble a couple times, and she did her fair share of posing as well. As per usual, bust out the injury whining, and add in the Patrick Swayze sympathy card with the help of the show. I'm sick and tired of her and her sense of self entitlement. And Derek's too. She has quite the foul mouth too, apparently. Good thing about tomorrow is after that, she can go whine in private, and I don't have to listen to her anymore!
    If her free didn't SCREAM that she is either highly medicated or been faking all season, I don't know what does. There is no way with all those pains and injuries she'd claim she'd be that flexible unless it's one or the other. I'm sorry ... especially with her commenting about a plate or something in her neck, there were moves in it that didn't seem logical at all with that comment (or shouldn't have been done).

And, the free IMHO was vulgar, and I'm NOT a prude mind you. It was not worthy of a 30 for that reason alone.

All in all, I disliked all 3 routines. But, I'd have to say Kyle's was the best of the 3 for the entertainment factor. I'd put Bristol 2nd and Jennifer last, for the reasons I mentioned above.
    While I don't think Bristol should've gotten the scores she did, I do think her dance was better than Jennifer's.

And, again, with the free dance, I'd been questioning the legitimacy of Jennifer's claims of how much in pain she was dancing. Whether or not she wins, this dance will put into question that for the rest of her life - does she lie to get what she wants (if she really isn't as severely injured as she claims and knocked out these great dances)?

Fully expect J&D to win unfortunately, either legitimately or with the *help* of these idiotic scores tonight and tomorrow. I've always felt the "Bristol might win" stuff was nothing more than a way to draw attention away from their preordained winner. If Kyle beats her, I'll be thrilled. If Bristol does beat her by some miracle, I'll and be happy as well. That may make me a Bitter Betty at this point, but I really don't care anymore. This show is trying my patience once again with them shoving one person down my throat, just like the Evan vs. Nicole garbage the judges pulled last May, and the garbage they tried to pull for Mya in Season 9.
    Nicole, save the nearly violating the FCC code regarding nudity after one dance (having already low riding pants and them slipping a little lower when she had her thumb in the waist), I actually enjoyed. Her one dance with Derek that was reamed for being too much of the wrong dance (the broadway style "Anything Goes" that was supposed to be quickstep) is still one of my all time favorite dances. I DO think Evan should've won, but at least I wasn't upset with Nicole because at least it was obvious she was a dancer and didn't use a sympathy card saying she was hurt but knocked out good dances.

Jennifer however... I'm sorry but I agree with you 100 percent. Too many questions regarding her "injuries" when she goes and later knocks out great dances, a sense of entitlement (both people), a sour face when she's in the bottom two of "That can't *possibly* be me, how dare someone put me in the bottom two," and just ... well, not really looking like she was having fun make me really not want her to win.

Mind you, I will have trouble with a Bristol win because she should've been eliminated earlier but people put politics in it, but I do think she or Kyle should win this season because they have improved (varying degrees) though the season. And, at least Bristol ATTEMPTED to learn to do different dances. I don't think Kate or Master P even really tried to learn a different dance, and Kate was worse because she claimed she was really trying hard.

Kyle out of the three SHOULD win, but I don't think he will unless by some miracle ABC really looks at the viewership and how many people will be VERY MAD if Jennifer wins and lets the judges vote on what they really feel the voting should go (I'm sorry, but I don't think they are really voting their minds and haven't lately).

Here's hoping that Brandy and Maks' free tomorrow shows everyone how ridiculous this season has been. If by some chance they are not allowed to do the free - that will also be very telling.

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock;4111986;

Here's hoping that Brandy and Maks' free tomorrow shows everyone how ridiculous this season has been. If by some chance they are not allowed to do the free - that will also be very telling.
    In several interviews, both Maks and Brandy, probably by Maks' choice, have decided not to dance their freestyle. Mostly, Maks says that he found it unfair to require that work from Brandy without it being a part of competition and judging for the MBT. They'll perform, but I think it might just be a rehash of one of their dances.

As much as Jennifer's injuries remain a huge question mark, I do think that she'll win, if not by the voters' hands then by the judges' paddles. I would love more than anything for Kyle to win and for sanity to be restored by focusing on a non-drama queen.

Quote Originally Posted by veg_out;4111989;
    In several interviews, both Maks and Brandy, probably by Maks' choice, have decided not to dance their freestyle. Mostly, Maks says that he found it unfair to require that work from Brandy without it being a part of competition and judging for the MBT. They'll perform, but I think it might just be a rehash of one of their dances.

As much as Jennifer's injuries remain a huge question mark, I do think that she'll win, if not by the voters' hands then by the judges' paddles. I would love more than anything for Kyle to win and for sanity to be restored by focusing on a non-drama queen.
    Oh, I didn't know that - my apologies, and thank you for clearing that up regarding the Brandy/Maks dance. Still - here's hoping whatever dance they choose knocks the socks off Bristol and Jennifer's dances (Kyle's will be good IMHO ).

My opinion only, ABC would be smart to look at these comments on the Internet. The fans are not happy, and it's showing. I would hope that in particular Jennifer and Bristol have knock the socks off and find them in New York dances (Jennifer's case that Derek realizes that we do not want to see another "Dirty Dancing" themed dance) so their claims to the title are worthy, because if they're not, I can see a lot of people bailing after this season - especially if they choose a weak cast.

Sadly, I think the ONLY reason Florence got on this season is because they have had overall a weak cast. If the cast was better, it might've been a different story, because I personally only started watching this season because of her then Kyle. I knew Jennifer could dance, got upset that on top of that Derek was her partner (because he needs a clunker in order to get a lot of people's respect now after getting at least two ringers lately) and most of the others bored me.

Did anyone catch Lacey's face when Bristol and Mark got their scores for their Jive? She looked a wee bit mad. Or maybe it was disbelief. I know that was the expression on MY face. I seriously would like to know what the judges smoke before the show starts. I'm thinking they drop acid because they are delusional. Seeing things that we, the viewers, are not.

I'm voting for Kyle. For several reasons. He's most improved, he's entertaining, he is having a blast and I'd like to see someone else besides Mark or Derek win. Lacey has really shined this season (IMO). Her choreography has been terrific and it's obvious that she's a good teacher. She turned Kyle into a bona fide dancer!

Bristol and Mark....The Jive was better than their first one but not by much. The Chicago number ....could you picture that dance with Maks and Brandy? They would have killed it. Instead it was more like Road Kill. I hate to say it but I think even Flo could have made that dance sexier than Bristol did. I have nothing against Bristol (I realize she's NOT her mother) and I feel bad for her because I know what's it like to be a teen mom. But the girl just can't win. Can't. If she wins, I don't think I'll ever watch this show again.

Jennifer and Derek.....Her Paso was beautiful, but I agree with those who said her free style wasn't. It wasn't terrible but it certainly wasn't on par with her other dances this season. I guess I'm just over her. She says she is always in pain, yet she skips out at the beginning of the show. She also does all of these moves that someone in pain could not do. It was obvious that she's not in as much pain as she claims when Derek pulled her from a sitting position to her feet...BY HER NECK! Hello? I don't have plates in my back..I just have a screw where a disc should be and I wince if anyone touches me in that spot with any amount of pressure. It's very uncomfortable. It just doesn't add up for me. And then add the DD aspect ...ugh. I'm didn't like that at all.

I think that the pro's are running out of ideas for the free style round. It's starting to look recycled. Although, my favorite tonight was Kyle's. I thought he was adorable and I do happen to love that song..Tootsie Roll. It was popular back in my clubbin' days...
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didn’t hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo;4112040;
    Did anyone catch Lacey's face when Bristol and Mark got their scores for their Jive? She looked a wee bit mad. Or maybe it was disbelief. I know that was the expression on MY face. I seriously would like to know what the judges smoke before the show starts. I'm thinking they drop acid because they are delusional. Seeing things that we, the viewers, are not.

I'm voting for Kyle. For several reasons. He's most improved, he's entertaining, he is having a blast and I'd like to see someone else besides Mark or Derek win. Lacey has really shined this season (IMO). Her choreography has been terrific and it's obvious that she's a good teacher. She turned Kyle into a bona fide dancer!

Bristol and Mark....The Jive was better than their first one but not by much. The Chicago number ....could you picture that dance with Maks and Brandy? They would have killed it. Instead it was more like Road Kill. I hate to say it but I think even Flo could have made that dance sexier than Bristol did. I have nothing against Bristol (I realize she's NOT her mother) and I feel bad for her because I know what's it like to be a teen mom. But the girl just can't win. Can't. If she wins, I don't think I'll ever watch this show again.

Jennifer and Derek.....Her Paso was beautiful, but I agree with those who said her free style wasn't. It wasn't terrible but it certainly wasn't on par with her other dances this season. I guess I'm just over her. She says she is always in pain, yet she skips out at the beginning of the show. She also does all of these moves that someone in pain could not do. It was obvious that she's not in as much pain as she claims when Derek pulled her from a sitting position to her feet...BY HER NECK! Hello? I don't have plates in my back..I just have a screw where a disc should be and I wince if anyone touches me in that spot with any amount of pressure. It's very uncomfortable. It just doesn't add up for me. And then add the DD aspect ...ugh. I'm didn't like that at all.

I think that the pro's are running out of ideas for the free style round. It's starting to look recycled. Although, my favorite tonight was Kyle's. I thought he was adorable and I do happen to love that song..Tootsie Roll. It was popular back in my clubbin' days...
    Get out of my head! You said almost exactly what I have been thinking (although I wasn't a fan of Kyle's song choice), but I thought his routine was by far the best, even though none of the three were really up to par. I wasn't planning to vote after Brandy was eliminated, but the obvious screwing over of this kid who danced his heart out and entrertained, got me to cast all my votes for him, not that it'll help thwart the inevitable Jennifer/Bristol showdown. No doubt tonight, they will continue to widen the gap between the two of them (I can easily predict that Jennifer will rank first and get a 30 on her first dance, and probably a 29 or 30 for the insta-cha, while Bristol will get a third place 26 on the first dance, and then I anticipate a trainwreck on her insta-cha with scores at least 5 points below Jennifer), so they will end up with a difference of 17-18 points at least, which should be enough to give Jennifer the win. I am so sure the producers don't want Bristol to win at this point, that I wouldn't put it past them to announce Jennifer the winner even if Bristol's votes make up the gap, as they will assume, since they never divulge the numbers anyway, everyone will buy a Jennifer victory with that overwhelming a lead in scores.

That said, the overscoring of Bristol last night was so blatant that I doubt even her fans will bother trying to justify it. If she had performed at that level the week she did the monkey dance, she probably would have gotten 7's for it, and even that would have been generous. Isn't a jive supposed to have some bounce and precise kicks and flicks? Her feet barely left the ground and for much of it, she just stood around. There was so little dancing in both her routines, that I seriously think I, who have freely admitted I would suck at this, could have pulled off a comparable performance had I had a week to rehearse it with Mark (but I'd rather it be Maks!). I agree that they praised her and overscored her to give the impression that her inclusion in the finals wasn't the travesty it was.

Jennifer's paso was great, and deserving of 10's if Bristol got 9's, but her freestyle was pretty bad and she looked out of sorts through most of it. And I agree with whoever said that parts of it were raunchy in a tasteless way. It definitely didn't deserve the perfect score, but it's clear that the judges are embarking on their justification tour of why Jennifer must win, assuming it will salvage the show's credibility and make everyone forget the other celebs who should have been in the finals instead of what we got.

All in all, that was by far the worst finale they have ever had in terms of the quality of the overall dancing. What a disppointment. Worse season ever.
    Last edited by ironcat; 11-23-2010 at 08:53 AM.

Totally underwhelmed by the FS's - jennifer's was okay - but considering it was a Derek Choreographed danced I expected much much better than that - and the execution was far less than perfect. Excellent on the Paso though - that 30 was deserved.

Favourite was Kyle's - it totally suited his personality and showed he can do difficult moves. Also thought his Foxtrot was way better than Bristol's jive - judges blatant overscoring rigging has been so apparent this season.

Bristols FS wasn't bad, but the non-existant level of difficulty was so apparent. Maks got reemed for his bed last year and Mark got kudos for the cage - WTF Her jive was better than her last but her legs still weren't doing the work - totally overscored

Finale Prediction doesn't change

F3 - Kyle
    F2 - Bristol
    Winner - Jennifer
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

Quote Originally Posted by ironcat;4112159;
    That said, the overscoring of Bristol last night was so blatant that I doubt even her fans will bother trying to justify it. If she had performed at that level the week she did the monkey dance, she probably would have gotten 7's for it, and even that would have been generous. Isn't a jive supposed to have some bounce and precise kicks and flicks? Her feet barely left the ground and for much of it, she just stood around. There was so little dancing in both her routines, that I seriously think I, who have freely admitted I would suck at this, could have pulled off a comparable performance had I had a week to rehearse it with Mark (but I'd rather it be Maks!). I agree that they praised her and overscored her to give the impression that her inclusion in the finals wasn't the travesty it was.
    I really don't understand why the judges can't give honest critiques and scores where Bristol is concerned. She's come in for very little criticism over the weeks despite, imo (it's obvious, I have eyes) being the weakest dancer every week since Florence got the boot.
    They never seem to acknowledge the simplicity of her choreography, and seem to go out of their way to praise, even when the praise isn't accurate or warranted.
    If they're going easy on her because she isn't a performer and is young, don't have young non-performers on the show. When she accepted the invitation she should have been subject to the same scrutiny as everyone else.

Normally I'd think Mark's freestyle choice was a mistake as it would have cost them points and votes, but his choices and her dancing seem utterly irrelevant at this point.
    Last edited by fluff; 11-23-2010 at 09:35 AM.
    "That's Numberwang!"

I read an article yesterday that said that the producers put Bristol in greater peril to be ridiculed because of the fake bottom two. They could have had Brandy standing there alongside either Jennifer or Kyle (since the bottom two is fake). But since Bristol was standing there beside Brandy in the bottom two, even though she wasn't, it made it seem more like she was the one who bumped her out and therefore she took a greater hit just due to that visual. Otherwise, people would have had an image of whomever was alongside of her. They said they weren't trying to create additional drama by putting her up there as being in the bottom two standing beside the better dancer but ... really....

I think they almost have to put Bristol in the bottom two because of her judges scores.
    People expect that to put her in danger of going, so it is less dramatic to have her in the bottom two, but more dramatic to have her stay over someone of Brandy's calibre as a dancer.
    "That's Numberwang!"

FORT Fan

Someone on another thread said you could still vote until 11AM EST/8AM PST. It's a little after 6:30AM PST so I just used six different email addresses to vote for Kyle. I really think Derek will win, but if it will help Kyle beat Bristol out of 2nd place, I will be very happy.

+ Reply to Thread