+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 23 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: 11/22 Finale Night 1 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 11/22 Finale Night 1 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

I was able to vote online a little while ago.
    It seems to be working better now.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tobi;4111766;
    What do the Palin's have on ABC?
    Isn't Katie Couric on ABC? Maybe they're trying to make it up to Sarah for how stupid Katie made her look during her vice presidential interview a couple of years ago.

Dunno either.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky22;4111908;
    I was embarrassed for her, thinking she'd be lucky to get 8s for that clunker of a jive. She would have gotten 6s and 7s at the most earlier in the season. She was dancing as if she had lead in her shoes! Unbelievable! Those judges' scores had to be fixed in some way ... give her 9s no matter what.
    I thought the judges embarrassed themselves while scoring Bristol... even the look on her face said "I blew it" and then the judges all fawn all over her **gag** watching her gave me Kate flashbacks
    I hate to brag but I tried on some earrings that I wore in highschool... and they still fit
    Proud member of the Rose Coloured Glasses Club

FORT Fogey

No problem here getting all my online votes in.

It's funny that one of the pro-Bristol arguments is that she's so young and just doing her best, cut her some slack. I just went back and re-read Kyle's bio. He's actually the youngest contestant this season.

Kyle did himself proud tonight, both dances.
    Jennifer's paso was awesome. Her freestyle, not so much.

Did anyone notice Mark's face immediately after their freestyle, when they were waiting for the judges' comments? I wish I could do screencaps. He looked like he was expecting to be reamed. Extremely apprehensive. He knew how badly they did in comparison to the other two.
    This isn’t the Sound of freaking Music we’re watching.......sdl

Quote Originally Posted by bee stung lips;4111911;
    Isn't Katie Couric on ABC? Maybe they're trying to make it up to Sarah for how stupid Katie made her look during her vice presidential interview a couple of years ago.

Dunno either.
    Katie's on CBS. But then the women on The View (except for Hasselbeck) and Jimmy Kimmel have never been fans, so maybe they're in her crosshairs. Not to mention George Stephanopolis...

Tonight's show seemed kind of short/quick. I wish the skating show had premiered another night. Ending at :15 after the hour was just odd.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Enjoyed Kyle and Lacey's first dance.
    I do think I enjoy his enthusiasm a lot more than his dancing, though. He's just so engaging with his great attitude.
    Bristol and Mark's dance was better than the last jive they did, but, IMO, that's not saying a whole lot.
    I still can't believe she's in the final over Brandy. Totally ridiculous!

I'm actually not looking forward to the freestyle dance, as I've never been a big fan of it.

Can't believe they scored Kyle and Bristol the same. What are they smoking!!

Jenn and Derek's paso was just beautiful. That dance was just on another level, IMO.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

FORT Fogey

As a viewer and fan of the show, I feel ripped off that I had to watch the Bristol Stomp instead of the beauty that is Brandy and Maks.

Couric is on CBS; used to be on NBC (Today Show).

Mark did look sick after the freestyle. It was his own dumb fault. Is she the best? No way. But why in the Heavens he thought it'd be a good idea to imitate a real Broadway and Oscar winning movie number (especially when S9 pro, er, star Mya was in that routine in the movie), I have no idea. He can be a pill, but he's a good choreographer usually.

I tried a few more times, and still with the bizarre errors. FWIW, I don't think it's a conspiracy. Disney's websites in general are junk, and they can't handle even the slightest bit of traffic on things like the ADR (aka meal) reservations site for WDW, or the shopping site. Forget millions of people trying to vote for this show. Still a pain though.

I just tried both Kyle and Bristol to see if it was limited to one contestant having issues. Nope. Doesn't go through with either couple. I will not risk giving Jennifer & Derek 1 vote, so I will just assume it's the same for her.

Quote Originally Posted by VAgirl79;4111918;
    Couric is on CBS; used to be on NBC (Today Show).

Mark did look sick after the freestyle. It was his own dumb fault. Is she the best? No way. But why in the Heavens he thought it'd be a good idea to imitate a real Broadway and Oscar winning movie number (especially when S9 pro, er, star Mya was in that routine in the movie), I have no idea. He can be a pill, but he's a good choreographer usually.
    Ah! I forgot about that! Nice catch! That is kind of a gutsy comparison to put in the judges' minds (well Len's & Bruno's anyway, I doubt Carrie Ann would get there in time)
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Is anyone else having trouble voting online? I think TPTB are rigging it to make sure the "golden couple" win.,

+ Reply to Thread