+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: 11/22 Finale Night 1 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 11/22 Finale Night 1 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Scarlet;4111825;
    I have no intention or desire to watch that show or any of those people on it. Not going to waste my time. I want Castle back!
    The way things have gone on DWTS I wouldn't be surprised to see the Salahi woman on there.

All together now:

Quote Originally Posted by tango7;4111831;
    The way things have gone on DWTS I wouldn't be surprised to see the Salahi woman on there.

All together now:
    Shhhh... not so loud! They might hear you!
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

DWTS has scraped the bottom of the barrell for contestants more than a few times, but I think the skating show turned the barrell upside down & beat on it a few times before scraping it.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Freestyle round for ALL of them IMO was a big fat flop with nary a memorable dance among them. That seals it for me-- Only dance from the whole season I will ever remember will be Kyle's Jive. What a disappointment.

Some specific thoughts:

Bristol & Mark: I don't know what possessed Mark to choreograph what he did. I thought she did a good job with it, but I don't get why he didn't go a more fun, non-remake route. Big mistake.

Kyle & Lacey: I didn't like this, but at least his personality shined through. Too much of a Fresh Prince of Bel Air flashback for me. I like Will Smith, but not that show!

Jennifer & Derek: What a joke. You could see her stumble a couple times, and she did her fair share of posing as well. As per usual, bust out the injury whining, and add in the Patrick Swayze sympathy card with the help of the show. I'm sick and tired of her and her sense of self entitlement. And Derek's too. She has quite the foul mouth too, apparently. Good thing about tomorrow is after that, she can go whine in private, and I don't have to listen to her anymore!

All in all, I disliked all 3 routines. But, I'd have to say Kyle's was the best of the 3 for the entertainment factor. I'd put Bristol 2nd and Jennifer last, for the reasons I mentioned above.

Fully expect J&D to win unfortunately, either legitimately or with the *help* of these idiotic scores tonight and tomorrow. I've always felt the "Bristol might win" stuff was nothing more than a way to draw attention away from their preordained winner. If Kyle beats her, I'll be thrilled. If Bristol does beat her by some miracle, I'll and be happy as well. That may make me a Bitter Betty at this point, but I really don't care anymore. This show is trying my patience once again with them shoving one person down my throat, just like the Evan vs. Nicole garbage the judges pulled last May, and the garbage they tried to pull for Mya in Season 9.

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion spockwhat's Avatar

I am not at all surprised that the judges have set up a final faceoff between Jenn and Bristol. If Jenn beats the much maligned Bristol, they're hoping that the audience will be happy to see Derek raise that mirror ball again...

They're wrong. At least on my part.

ETA: I mean WHEN Jenn beats the much maligned Bristol...

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by spockwhat;4111839;
    I am not at all surprised that the judges have set up a final faceoff between Jenn and Bristol. If Jenn beats the much maligned Bristol, they're hoping that the audience will be happy to see Derek raise that mirror ball again...

I must admit that thought crossed my mind too. The controversy surrounding Bristol did pull attention away from the obvious way in which they tried to give Derek the best shot they could at getting his second trophy in a row and his third overall.

Quote Originally Posted by spockwhat;4111839;

Good point! Hence the inflated scores for Bristol. I would still love to see Kyle blindside them with the win!

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion spockwhat's Avatar

He's got to win the votes against Jenn, and get in the final with Bristol... that's his only shot. And the way the judges have pimped Jenn, I can't see it happening.

My call: it's between Jenn and Bristol tomorrow. I'd put money on it.

(and I'd be glad to lose that money if Kyle got in with Bristol)

He'd lose against Jenn.

Does this have to be so predictable?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by spockwhat;4111859;
    He's got to win the votes against Jenn, and get in the final with Bristol... that's his only shot. And the way the judges have pimped Jenn, I can't see it happening.

My call: it's between Jenn and Bristol tomorrow. I'd put money on it.

(and I'd be glad to lose that money if Kyle got in with Bristol)

He'd lose against Jenn.

Does this have to be so predictable?
    When was the last time it wasn't fairly predictable? When Gilles lost?

FORT Fogey

I want Jennifer to win. She seems humble, down to earth, realistic, and practical. And I can't help but admire her physical strength and beautiful appearance (although I wish she kept her old nose).

She's a fighter.

I like Bristol well enough. She's really cute - but I like Kyle WAY better. What a charmer. He's a special young man. And, his brother seems to be the same - great attitudes, hard workers. Their parents should be proud.

+ Reply to Thread