+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Predictions for the finale

Re: Predictions for the finale

My Prediction:

Wherever she went, including here, it was against her better judgment. --Dorothy Parker

Quote Originally Posted by BritLit;4111492;
    My Prediction:

BRIT - well done well done
    WHEW - Hang IN & Hang ON

I can't decide. If the backlash has been horrific enough, they'll put Bristol 3rd, but since the voting system is already under intense scrutiny, they may have to go with Bristol as the winner if someone might contest her being any less than the champ.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I think Bristol may finish second, but not win. People are more likely to tune out after she's announced 3rd, especially since a Kyle/Jennifer final 2 seems like an obvious outcome. So keep Bristol in until the end, for the ratings, and the outrage she may get for going that far, and then have Derek/Jennifer announced as the winners and they can pull their surprised faces.

FORT Fanatic

Have TPTB ever given a legitiment reason (excuse) for not using an accounting firm? Wouldn't this
    approach at least minimize some of the controversy behind their method of operation?

FORT Fanatic

That word should have been legitimate not legitiment.

I didn't think this show was about the dancer winning that came out of the gate dancing like a pro like Jennifer did and Nicole last season? I thought it was about the person coming on the show to learn to dance and improving every week. I hope Kyle or Bristol wins because it only applies to them. If Jennifer wins, why even go past week one? I also think she and Derek have played up her age and injuries for sympathy votes. Well, she won't get mine.

They perform their freestyle tonight as well as their "redemption" dance. Their redemption dance is with different music and new choreography. Tuesday night is their favorite dance and another "instant" dance routine to the cha-cha-cha

I think the "instant" dance is to get rid of Bristol. Last time Jennifer scored 30, Kyle 29 and Bristol 23. By the way, I thought they normally just had one dance on the finale show, not two. The judges will have two whacks to get rid of her, without any say from the viewers, sadly. I do not want Jennifer to win that trophy, but they will see that she and golden boy will be hoisting up the mirror ball at the end. Just wait and see. I adore Kyle and Bristol and would be overjoyed if either of them won.
    Last edited by n4692u; 11-22-2010 at 06:14 PM.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by anders332;4111424;
    Yes, she’s the best dancer left, but this show has never been about the best dancer winning –it’s always been about the person with the biggest fan-base winning. Jennifer’s edit with the constant crying and whining and complaining reminds me too much of Nicole from last season – and I find it very off-putting. Along with being reminded week after week after week that she is old and injured.
    As you said, that's the EDIT. It's not her fault that she's been presented that way. I'm quite sure that the others do just as much whining and complaining; that's just not what the producers chose to show on the air. What we were shown about Jennifer could be 5% of her overall attitude and conversation with Derek, yet the producers chose to make it seem just about 100%. These celebs ought to have something in their contract that they get approval rights over what is shown in their package each week. Brandy's edit hurt her as well, in my opinion. As intelligent viewers, we need to overlook the producers' manipulation of our perceptions and vote for who we think has done the best on this ballroom dancing show. That leaves me with Jennifer for the win, Kyle as most improved, Bristol as third only because there are three people left.

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Add It Up Champion, 7up Pinball Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, Bejeweled® 2 Action Champion spockwhat's Avatar

My guesses:

If the judges decide:
    1.Jenn
    2.Bristol
    3.Kyle

If the public decides: (votes are honestly accounted for)
    1.Bristol
    2.Kyle
    3.Jenn

What I would like to see:
    1. Kyle
    2. Jenn
    3. Bristol

Everyone seems to have Jenn pegged as the "best" dancer. I'm not sure I totally agree with that. Bristol is obviously the bottom of the pack, so we'll leave her out of it.

Jenn:
    Strengths and advantages: technically very good, she's naturally flexible and gorgeous. She has a great partner who is perfectly matched physically. They look so good, it adds tremendously to the beauty of their dances.
    Weaknesses: Physically unable to take some stuff on... may hurt her in the finals. Not as engaging or charismatic as others. Doesn't engage her body with the music the way Kyle does.

Kyle's strengths and advantages: excellent musicality. He has natural rhythm and excellent performance ability. He's charismatic and engaging as well. REally entertaining to watch. Decent technique.
    Weaknesses: Well, he and Lacey don't "look" as good as Derek and Jenn do they? They don't have the same natural great lines so aren't going to look as good off the top. Technique not as strong... arms sometimes look a little messy.

Overall, I would say instinctively that Jenn is the better dancer, but it's far closer than people are pegging it, I think. It depends on what people value in a dancer.
    It's kind of like comparing Pavarati to Neil Young... one is a better technical singer but the other is just as valid a singer and artist. It depends what you're looking for in a singer and what appeals to you personally. The same could be said of dancers, I think.
    But since this is a "ballroom" competition, I suppose Jenn fits the bill better...
    Last edited by spockwhat; 11-22-2010 at 07:22 PM.

THINK: Bristol.

WANT: 1. Kyle, 2. Jennifer
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast