+ Reply to Thread
Page 45 of 47 FirstFirst ... 35363738394041424344454647 LastLast
Results 441 to 450 of 462

Thread: 11/16 Results Show Discussion **Spoilers**

  1. #441
    *Until Next Season...* karalott's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    Posts
    17,606

    Re: 11/16 Results Show Discussion **Spoilers**

    Bristol doesn't deserve that, and while I got a kick out of a guy shooting his TV (and realizing since mine was still intact I didn't take the Brandy elimination as hard as I thought I would-but I knew it was coming) I realize it was a far more serious event. But, I hope the producers realize this next season when they cast. There are loonies out there, and unfortuantely, I see Bristol/Mark fans automatically blame Brandy/Maks fans for everything bad and negative that has happened to her since Brandy's elimination (including one twitter person who brought up Brandy's car accident and compared it to what was happening to Bristol ) People do get passionate, and it's unfortuante that it's taking the entire experience away from not just Bristol, but also Jennifer and Kyle, and putting them in the cross fire. So I hope we don't get people that are going to cause such a reaction next time. And if they do, hopefully they start off scoring them based on how they actually dance.

  2. #442
    Ancient Beach Babe :) Capegal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    It's 5 o'clock somewhere :)
    Posts
    12,573

    Re: 11/16 Results Show Discussion **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by karalott;4109816;
    Bristol doesn't deserve that, and while I got a kick out of a guy shooting his TV (and realizing since mine was still intact I didn't take the Brandy elimination as hard as I thought I would-but I knew it was coming) I realize it was a far more serious event. But, I hope the producers realize this next season when they cast. There are loonies out there, and unfortuantely, I see Bristol/Mark fans automatically blame Brandy/Maks fans for everything bad and negative that has happened to her since Brandy's elimination (including one twitter person who brought up Brandy's car accident and compared it to what was happening to Bristol ) People do get passionate, and it's unfortuante that it's taking the entire experience away from not just Bristol, but also Jennifer and Kyle, and putting them in the cross fire. So I hope we don't get people that are going to cause such a reaction next time. And if they do, hopefully they start off scoring them based on how they actually dance.
    This isn't about scoring or abilities any more - it has become very personal to some - did TPTB - or the public for that matter - have any clue of the reaction to this young lady when she was cast?!? Doubtful at the very least.
    WHEW - Hang IN & Hang ON

  3. #443
    *Until Next Season...* karalott's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    Posts
    17,606

    Re: 11/16 Results Show Discussion **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by Capegal;4109817;
    This isn't about scoring or abilities any more - it has become very personal to some - did TPTB - or the public for that matter - have any clue of the reaction to this young lady when she was cast?!? Doubtful at the very least.
    But, she's still on the show, and it all boils down to Bristol being on the show. I'm not saying it doesn't cross the line; getting people saying she doesn't deserve to be there and why is fine, but obviously going to this extreme is carrying it too far. I don't know if the show expected a fierce reaction like people shooting their TVs and her getting death threats, but they had to know from early on this would probably explode if she made the finals. There's been talk of Bristol getting by based on people cheating the system and being a Palin going back weeks. This sudden outburst of negative attention to her being there didn't just happen. It may have exploded this past week, but it's been building.

  4. #444
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    9,955

    Re: 11/16 Results Show Discussion **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by karalott;4109837;
    But, she's still on the show, and it all boils down to Bristol being on the show. I'm not saying it doesn't cross the line; getting people saying she doesn't deserve to be there and why is fine, but obviously going to this extreme is carrying it too far. I don't know if the show expected a fierce reaction like people shooting their TVs and her getting death threats, but they had to know from early on this would probably explode if she made the finals. There's been talk of Bristol getting by based on people cheating the system and being a Palin going back weeks. This sudden outburst of negative attention to her being there didn't just happen. It may have exploded this past week, but it's been building.
    Conrad Green has gone to great lengths to explain how there is no evidence of cheating shown in their voting system.
    Yes, she is a Palin which is exactly why she was cast to be on this show. The producers wanted that controversial effect that they knew she would bring especially on this very controversial election year.

    To blame her is really quite unfair, imo. No, she doesn't dance well, but she didn't hire herself, and she hasn't voted herself back on each week.
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

  5. #445
    FORT Fanatic momsunshine's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    785

    Re: 11/16 Results Show Discussion **Spoilers**

    Kyle for the win!!! He may not be the best, but he is the most entertaining!

  6. #446
    FORT Fogey ironcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    2,454

    Re: 11/16 Results Show Discussion **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;4110067;
    Conrad Green has gone to great lengths to explain how there is no evidence of cheating shown in their voting system.
    Yes, she is a Palin which is exactly why she was cast to be on this show. The producers wanted that controversial effect that they knew she would bring especially on this very controversial election year.

    To blame her is really quite unfair, imo. No, she doesn't dance well, but she didn't hire herself, and she hasn't voted herself back on each week.
    ITA. And although I personally am turned off by the casting of Bristol and her participation on the show, I don't blame her (nor do I think that many of her so-called "haters" are blaming her) in the least. She is a kid, not that bright, worldly or insightful, and I doubt she anticipated the firestorm that would occur because of her. I have a hard time believing however, that Mr. Green and his minions didn't anticipate this, and am glad they are receiving much backlash for this casting decision, and hope it will have enough of a negative effect on the show that they will think twice about casting another politically divisive person. As I posted weeks ago, when you introduce politics into this show in any form, people become passionate about the outcome on a whole 'nother level, which takes much of the fun out of what should be a light, frothy, entertaining experience. This season has been anything but.
    Last edited by ironcat; 11-20-2010 at 11:39 AM.

  7. #447
    FORT Fogey Beachmom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    1,663

    Re: 11/16 Results Show Discussion **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by ironcat;4110090;
    . As I posted weeks ago, when you introduce politics into this show in any form, people become passionate about the outcome on a whole 'nother level, which takes much of the fun out of what should be a light, frothy, entertaining experience. This season has been anything but.
    So true. I don't believe this young girl should been in the middle of this "political stew." I do believe any POLITICIAN would be fair game, but not his/her relatives.

    Let's see what the ratings are Monday night. That, and Tuesday of course, will determine how TPTB proceed with casting in the future.

    I really don't think she'll win. I hope Kyle pulls off an upset. IMO he's earned it. But I still think Jennifer was "pre ordained" to get that trophy! So we'll get to watch Derek celebrate another victory.
    Stay tuned for "Dancing with the Dancers"!

  8. #448
    Just Looking sunshine2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    204

    Re: 11/16 Results Show Discussion **Spoilers**

    I think all this news has woke up a sleeping giant. Yes there were a few small sites having their watch parties and asking people to vote. People keep saying that people are not watching the show and voting. Well this went more main stream conservative this week since Rush said he is watching and now voting on Wedsnesday radio show. They may lose voters who are mad but then again this final may be the biggest audience now since a lot of people who never watched the show or voted are now talking about doing just that. Guess we will see. I have been voting for Bristol but now with all this rabid hate I am hoping Kyle wins.

  9. #449
    FORT Fogey Max64's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    874

    Re: 11/16 Results Show Discussion **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by Beachmom;4110105;
    So true. I don't believe this young girl should been in the middle of this "political stew."
    Quote Originally Posted by Beachmom;4110105;
    I do believe any POLITICIAN would be fair game, but not his/her relatives.

    Let's see what the ratings are Monday night. That, and Tuesday of course, will determine how TPTB proceed with casting in the future.

    I really don't think she'll win. I hope Kyle pulls off an upset. IMO he's earned it. But I still think Jennifer was "pre ordained" to get that trophy! So we'll get to watch Derek celebrate another victory.
    I find everything that is going on truly disgusting really. It's a dance show that Bristol was asked to be a part of.. I am conservative, and I happen to like Sarah Palin, but that doesn't mean I voted for Bristol, I actually voted for Maks and Brandy. I reallly don't understand the offensive hate. Like I said I'm politcally conservative, I'm not a fan of Hillary, but I still respect her as a women jumping into a mans world. The same for Palin, whether you agree with her or not does that justify the offensive bashing that she has had to deal with. Especially her kids, they shouldn't have to be a part of this..as would anyone in politics, Kids are off limits!
    Is Bristol the best dancer, no. But people are voting and keeping her in the game, and that is not her fault. With everything that has gone on, I'd admire her gutts to get out there and dance on Monday, knowing full well what's being said about her. I know I sure in hell wouldn't want to do it, would you?

  10. #450
    FORT Fogey Beachmom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    1,663

    Re: 11/16 Results Show Discussion **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by Max64;4110128;
    [B] With everything that has gone on, I'd admire her gutts to get out there and dance on Monday, knowing full well what's being said about her. I know I sure in hell wouldn't want to do it, would you?
    If she dances without falling apart at some point, that attests more to her character than anything else. She may be immature and young, but she's strong. How many 20-year olds could do this? It's like going out there to dance with a big "A" on her dress (well, maybe that's not the best analogy, but you know what I mean!). I keep thinking of her friend saying she would stand in the corner at dances and want to leave when she was in high school I have to give her a lot of credit. Just look at what's she is going through!
    Stay tuned for "Dancing with the Dancers"!

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.