+ Reply to Thread
Page 44 of 47 FirstFirst ... 3435363738394041424344454647 LastLast

Thread: 11/16 Results Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Re: 11/16 Results Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by anders332;4109271;
    Of the seasons I've watched the F3 couples have been the best dancers - although there were shocking eliminations along the way, they always got down to the best dancers of the season – so to have Bristol in the finals, it just seems wrong to me.
    In season 2, Lissa Rinna was eliminated before Jerry Rice. At the time of the elimination, Lissa was clearly the better dancer (though Jerry was great fun to watch). And then Stacy Kiebler was eliminated. She was a much better dancer than Jerry.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by northernviewer;4109330;
    What I'm getting from the complaints about Bristol still being there, isn't that she's not the best dancer..... that's soooo obvious.... it's that she's still there because of over-inflated judges scores and their praise without criticism (like they do other poor dancers... even if they're elderly) and that she's getting votes from her mother's political supporters - even if they don't watch the show. Kelly's story was different - she transformed before our eyes and the votes she got weren't solicited, nor was she shown favoritism from the judges.
    My point, north, is that I am hearing over and over again about "the best dancer" when that has never been the case for this show. While some folks have surely voted for the "best dancer," many, many more have voted for other contestants for a variety of reasons, and I have read quite a few of them.

I myself voted for Donny O because I was intrigued that (at that time) someone 50 (almost 51) could hold up to that rigorous, demanding of a schedule, exercise, and dance routines, make it through, do it well, and do it cheerfully.
    It was obvious that the professional dancer, Mya, was a much better dancer than Donny, but she also helped her pro choreograph some of their routines, and she was 20 years younger than Donny.
    Kelly had gone as far as she could go, so Donny it was!
    That was my reason for voting the way that I did, and it had nothing to do with "the best dancer."
    Again, though, not one time ever did the announcer caution me to vote for "the best dancer." I was encouraged to vote for who I wanted to see make it through.
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;4109402;
    That was my reason for voting the way that I did, and it had nothing to do with "the best dancer."
    Again, though, not one time ever did the announcer caution me to vote for "the best dancer." I was encouraged to vote for who I wanted to see make it through.
    Seriously, I don't consider myself qualified to judge who is "the best dancer", I mean, you're dealing with a guy here who thinks "the best chef" is the kid making my cheeseburger at McDonald's at the time...

Quote Originally Posted by MidasTouch;4109396;
    Uh, the F3 has NOT always been the best dancers. Season Five, anyone? Sabrina getting the boot early and Marie making it to the F3 is a situation that reminds me a lot of this one. The only difference is that Marie had some performance ability, but her dancing was every bit as hard to watch as Bristol's.
    If you reread- you'll see I said "of the season's I've watched" which were season 8 and 10 only, and some of this one.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

Quote Originally Posted by RichLP;4109421;
    Seriously, I don't consider myself qualified to judge who is "the best dancer", I mean, you're dealing with a guy here who thinks "the best chef" is the kid making my cheeseburger at McDonald's at the time...

This is precisely why these shows never ask the viewers to vote for the "best", most of us aren't qualified to determine that. IMO, at least one of the judges on the show isn't either.
    "That's Numberwang!"

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;4109435;

This is precisely why these shows never ask the viewers to vote for the "best", most of us aren't qualified to determine that. IMO, at least one of the judges on the show isn't either.
    This isn't like AI where the winner is going to get a $300K recording contract, and doors are going to open which might well change his/her life, or even an $150K 2nd place contract. If I were voting on that one, I would feel conscience-strickened to try and decide who really is the best - whatever subjectively that might be.

As it is with DWTS, the winner gets a tooky mirror trophy that one of the pros said falls easily apart. I guess the runner-up gets a "that-a-boy " pat on the back to go with his/her paycheck. Therefore, I am not as conscience-strickened to decide who is "the best" - whatever that is.
    I just decide whatever I like the best. Whoosh! What a relief...
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

With regard to the best 3 dancers making it to the finale, it has (arguably) happened in seasons 3, 4, 6 (personally, I thought Mario deserved to be there, but he was eliminated in 5th), 7, 8 and 10. In the seasons where it didn't happen, the "interloper" was probably at least considered to be in the top 5, until now, whereas I don't think many would place Bristol that high. And never has that person won. Until now?

Quote Originally Posted by ironcat;4109443;
    With regard to the best 3 dancers making it to the finale, it has (arguably) happened in seasons 3, 4, 6 (personally, I thought Mario deserved to be there, but he was eliminated in 5th), 7, 8 and 10. In the seasons where it didn't happen, the "interloper" was probably at least considered to be in the top 5, until now, whereas I don't think many would place Bristol that high. And never has that person won. Until now?
    I suppose it could happen this season - but I really wonder if the producers really want that black mark put on the show.... It's one thing to bring her along to the finales (because frankly, I dont' think anyone that's already been eliminated was going to win anyway), but to actually have her win top prize could potentially turn off a lot of viewers. And viewership = money/ratings. I predict

Winner - Jennifer
    2nd - Bristol
    3rd - Kyle

but would love to see Kyle take the winner spot.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;4109435;

It's why I'll never vote for the ultra ringers like Nicole and Mya. They can already dance and could easily pass as a pro if we didn't know who they were. Kyle and Audrina are more why I like this show, and what I think it's about. It's why I'll be voting for Kyle in the end.

Even if they told everyone to vote for the best, that's all a matter of opinion anyway and doesn't mean people will. And it's why I don't think the judges (namely one of them) should get anymore power-she plays it as a popularity contest as much as the viewers do

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, Bejeweled® 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

I don't think it's really about the best three dancers making to the final three... that doesn't always happen.

But when has one of the worst three (or four) dancers made it to the final three? THAT is the question.

Eta: capegal, if you see that Bristol is the one of the top three dancers, that's your perogative. I don't see it the same as you, but of course, you have every right.
    Happy Birthday, sir, despite the circumstances.--John Green

+ Reply to Thread