+ Reply to Thread
Page 41 of 47 FirstFirst ... 3132333435363738394041424344454647 LastLast

Thread: 11/16 Results Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 11/16 Results Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden;4108663;
    I can't remember her name at the moment, but didn't that country western singer step down for personal reasons, as opposed to injury, because her impending divorce? I doubt Bristol could or would step down just to give her spot to Brandy, but she could always claim a need to be with her baby or something like that, which would, I should think, please her supporters and make the show look magnanimous for allowing her to leave. Not that I think it will happen, but I suspect it might be possible. For that matter, DWTS might view that as an actual gift, as it would give them a way to wiggle out of this mess without offending any viewers. But like I said, I don't believe for one minute that Bristol will do that, unless she somehow sees a possible benefit in it for herself. She's made it very clear that she believes she's the most improved dancer (she's not--Kyle is) and that she works hard and that she deserves to be there. In other words, she's believing her own hype.

I still think the best outcome for the show is probably a Kyle win, because I don't think it would particularly offend anyone, whereas a Jennifer win would likely bring all the Derek favoritism arguments right to the forefront again. If anyone's benefitted from this mess, it's Derek, because it's drawn attention away from the way the show seems determined to hand him that third mirror ball trophy and has seemed so since the first day of the competition. That's another reason a Kyle win could help the show--it would enable them to say they weren't pre-ordaining a winner and that the whole Bristol pac voting theory was false as well.
    Big difference in my mind is that Sara Evans left fairly early in the season, knowing how much time she was going to have to put in for quite a few weeks, when she was dealing with a divorce and being there for her children in that tough time - which was, I think, the real reason.

In comparison - next week is the last show. I don't really see any fans believing that she just couldn't handle the last week of the season after she has just endured the last 8 (or however many it is) because NOW she misses her son. Nope, more likely that people would flip if she dropped out at the end. And, considering the statements I have seen on boards already about her mother not being able to finish anything she starts - I REALLY don't see that happening with Bristol this close to the end.

I believe Jewel also left early due to injuries.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;4108599;
    I like this post! Kyle is all of the things that you have said. If he wins, he is the Cinderella - uh, Cinderello I guess - of the season. If Bristol goes out at 3rd, she will have far exceeded what she thought she was capable of doing and will be happy.
    Jennifer will have shown herself that she can dance like she never thought she could, and those not happy with her and Derek will be happy with that result.

Maybe there will be some peace and happiness here on our board...maybe?
    Once again, you've said it all. If Kyle does a good job on his freestyle, he deserves the win IMO.

Some on other sites are saying a vote for Kyle is a vote for Bristol. I don't understand this thinking. At this point, a vote for Kyle is a vote for Kyle. I don't know how it will play out. Had Brandy made it to the finals, I could see how Jennifer and Brandy could have split fans' votes and it would have been easiier for Kyle to get more viewers' votes. Now each of the three contestants left is different from the other two, so I don't think there is any danger of two of them competing for the same "type" of vote.
    Stay tuned for "Dancing with the Dancers"!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Sticker;4108672;
    These are really good points, and I understand most of what you are describing. However, in this particular instance, the disparity between Bristol and any other dance team left was just so obvious that she was the worst of the groups. The judges got it right this time (last place). I have watched almost every episode this season, and although Bristol definitely has greatly improved, she is not even in the same league as the others. Just my opinion of course, and I understand some may not agree.

I guess the reality is I would hope that "dancing" would have the most weight in this contest. Obviously dancing takes a back seat to popularity, political, etc. skills. Please don't get me wrong. I actually like Bristol a lot and really think she has tremendous courage. Its just that when it comes to her dancing skills, I have to compare her to Mrs. Brady who exited the show earlier this season. They both ended up staying longer than they deserved IMO only of course.

I will continue to watch because I really love this show and can appreciate how very difficult it is to get out there. It is amazing how well they do each week because dancing is very tough to do well. By the way, I also dance like a high-back chair.
    Not every contestant who has ever been on this show wants to win, but Florence (Mrs. Brady) made it clear that this was a long time dream of hers, and she very much wanted to win! She was not ready to go, and there is no telling when she would have been. She would have been gracious, but she would have stayed ( and stayed with head held high) when all the rest of them left.....

Now...I thought Brandy was headed to the final 2 and said so several times, but there just simply is no guarantee that if Bristol had left the first week - let alone Tuesday night - that Brandy would have made it into the final 2 because the problem is that despite how beautiful Brandy is (to me) and how beautifully Brandy dances (to me), she apparently doesn't have a strong enough fan base.

IMO, Bristol has not improved to the extent that Kyle has, but nevertheless Bristol has indeed improved from week one.
    Whether it is the teapot voters, the teens who are identifying with her, the average people who don't have a man-in-the-moon's chance of ever doing anything like this but think she represents them, or just people who think for someone who is not a performer that she has done relatively well, she has garnered enough votes to stay on the show.

She is not Ginger Rogers, but the premise of the show is not to vote for the best dancer but to vote for who you want to see next week.

I haven't voted because I like them all. The only time I get upset is over obvious ringers.
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

Quote Originally Posted by Beachmom;4108695;
    Once again, you've said it all. If Kyle does a good job on his freestyle, he deserves the win IMO.

Some on other sites are saying a vote for Kyle is a vote for Bristol. I don't understand this thinking. At this point, a vote for Kyle is a vote for Kyle. I don't know how it will play out. Had Brandy made it to the finals, I could see how Jennifer and Brandy could have split fans' votes and it would have been easiier for Kyle to get more viewers' votes. Now each of the three contestants left is different from the other two, so I don't think there is any danger of two of them competing for the same "type" of vote.
    I could be totally wrong here, but I think this "a vote for Kyle is a vote for Bristol" thing has to do with fanbase. In those sites' minds, the only fanbase large enough to knock out Bristol is Jennifer Grey's. Does anyone know that for sure? No, since the show has avoided a real bottom two all season. But this logic presupposes that the rankings right now are Kyle is 3rd in fan votes, followed by Jenn, with Bristol faaaaarrrr out in the lead with this monstrous number of votes that could take over the world. Sorry, I got a bit hyperbolic there. Anyway, voting for Kyle weakens the chance of anyone beating Bristol since he can't possibly overcome Bristol. It's kinda like having the Independent candidate take votes away from the Dem and Rep candidates in an election. Again, in their minds, only Jen can beat Bristol so everyone should vote for Jen, not Kyle.

This setup happened last season with Erin, Evan, and Nicole. On the first night of the finale, Erin moved into 2nd place behind Nicole, and her fans thought that maybe she could win it. But, in voting for Erin, it decreased the chance of Evan being able to beat Nicole. Regardless, the next night, however, the judges righted whatever the votes wronged, and Nicole won. If the show wanted to, it could do the same here, if Bristol does capsize the planet with her incredible voting base.

I agree with Tilden. Everyone should vote for their favorite on Monday night for whatever reason that you want to vote. Honestly, if the show wants Bristol to win, she'll win. It has nothing to do with us, though we might wanna still vote in case it does
    Last edited by veg_out; 11-18-2010 at 01:23 PM.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by veg_out;4108704;
    I could be totally wrong here, but I think this "a vote for Kyle is a vote for Bristol" thing has to do with fanbase. In those sites' minds, the only fanbase large enough to knock out Bristol is Jennifer Grey's. Does anyone know that for sure? No, since the show has avoided a real bottom two all season. But this logic presupposes that the rankings right now are Kyle is 3rd in fan votes, followed by Jenn, with Bristol faaaaarrrr out in the lead with this monstrous number of votes that could take over the world. Sorry, I got a bit hyperbolic there. Anyway, voting for Kyle weakens the chance of anyone beating Bristol since he can't possibly overcome Bristol.

Does anyone know that? No. I agree with Tilden. Everyone should vote for their favorite on Monday night for whatever reason that you want to vote. Honestly, if the show wants Bristol to win, she'll win. It has nothing to do with us, though we might wanna still vote in case it does
    I had a fleeting, but ironic, amusing thought. We (raises my hand) have griped incessantly in the past 2 seasons about obvious ringers. (Nicole, Mya) What if the producers decided to bring in the direct opposite of a ringer - no experience, no natural talent, with a power fanbase - to shut us up? (Bristol)

"What?!! You don't like 'the ringer'? Well, how about this option? Do you like it better?"
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;4108710;
    I had a fleeting, but ironic, amusing thought. We (raises my hand) have griped incessantly in the past 2 seasons about obvious ringers. (Nicole, Mya) What if the producers decided to bring in the direct opposite of a ringer - no experience, no natural talent, with a power fanbase - to shut us up? (Bristol)

"What?!! You don't like 'the ringer'? Well, how about this option? Do you like it better?"
    Shoot the TV. That's what the public says to that idea.

Quote Originally Posted by veg_out;4108704;
    Bristol faaaaarrrr out in the lead with this monstrous number of votes that could take over the world. Sorry, I got a bit hyperbolic there.

Seriously, this has gotten a bit extreme. I live in the very conservative south and I dont know anyone who is voting for Bristol (or cares). I think this has spawned into something ridiculous and is getting too much credit. We have NEVER seen any numbers from this show and I don't believe for a second that a small group of tea partiers can outvote the millions of fans/viewers and then proceed to take over the world (again, rofl ).

The producers and powers that be kept our uncoordinated alaskan princess around this season to create drama and draw in more viewers--they have succeeded and will reap the rewards ($$ and ratings). I can't believe that the voting system is honest because there is no disclosure--as always, they will tell us who wins and we will just have to "trust" that everything was legit. I want Kyle to win because I feel like he is the most deserving, but between hearing Jennifer yapping about her injuries and Derek hamming for the camera I will settle for a Bristol win (yes, that is hard to type). At the end of the day only the producers and powers that be at ABC will know what the voters actually wanted--and they may or may not give it to us.

Quote Originally Posted by veg_out;4108715;
    Shoot the TV. That's what the public says to that idea.
    That one STILL gets me to this day - I mean, yes, people are tired about Bristol being in the show, but still, you don't go shoot the TV in response. Has to be one of those moments you go "Huh? That's not how you vote someone out."

I find it amazing that Bristol's 1st dance the other night got quite high praise form the judges......... yet she is a stumble bum according to many

truly sad
    WHEW - Hang IN & Hang ON

+ Reply to Thread