+ Reply to Thread
Page 37 of 47 FirstFirst ... 2728293031323334353637383940414243444546 ... LastLast

Thread: 11/16 Results Show Discussion **Spoilers**

FORT Fan

Re: 11/16 Results Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by elleprn;4108229;
    I posted last night that this was a Primetime example of how the Tea Party works. They will vote in favor of things they know nothing about, including talent, because that is the party way. This may or not be political, however it does make us think about "change". I hope DWTS takes this into consideration next season. I for one don't see how they TPTB can have Bristol win next week.

That is not how the Tea Party works and is an overgeneralization of the Tea Party and its members. Thank you for thinking we are so influential and of such a number that we can determine the outcome of a show. This show allows the fans to vote and Bristol got more votes than Brandy. ABC will need to change the format, if they are of a mind to.

I didn't get to see the show until today, so will share my comments in a minute. But as for how the voting works:

Quote Originally Posted by northernviewer;4108264;
    I know the judges marks count for 50% of the score and voters 50% - but just exactly how do they do the math to rank them? does anybody know how that works. Do the votes just rank them first, second, third, fourth etc, and then how does that ranking factor in with the judges scores??
    What they do is they add all of the judges' points awarded during the night up, and then divide each couple's score by the total points. That gives each couple a % of the judges' points. Rinse and repeat for the viewer votes. Then add the two percentages together for the final total for each couple.

Ex.: Three couples are in the finale. Each couple does 2 dances (for example purposes only). Couple 1 gets a total of 40 judges' points. Couple 2 gets a total of 50 points. Couple 3 gets a total of 60 points. Judges gave out 150 points that night, so each score is divided by 150. So, Couple 1 got 26.7% of the judges' points, Couple 2 got 33.3%, and Couple 3 got 40%. Couples 1 and 2 have to make up the % difference based on fan vote %.

All of that is why I find it so hilarious Bruno and other judges like to whine and nag the public about the importance of voting, when they are the ones who nitpick dancers like Audrina or underscore some and overscore others. Bruno had no room to talk last night. He gave out 18 total points to Bristol and 19 to Brandy. If there was such a big difference between them, score them as such, man. Sheesh.

The first season the math formula was different, and rank was involved. It's been so long though, that I can't remember exactly how they did that.
    Last edited by VAgirl79; 11-17-2010 at 09:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Capegal;4107915;
    ROFL - can I share that rock with you?!? You said it best - short and pretty sweet as well LOL

There is NO way that girl deserves to be in the finals - no way. She has not improved enough to warrant it. Just last week she walked through one of her dances. No one can say with a straight face that she deserves to be here more than Brandy, more than Kurt, or Rick. What a farce..............

FORT Fanatic

As Mark stated to TMZ........there are 2 million people that voted and out of all those people there were only Republicans voting.....

Quote Originally Posted by jucamer;4108304;
    There is NO way that girl deserves to be in the finals - no way. She has not improved enough to warrant it. Just last week she walked through one of her dances. No one can say with a straight face that she deserves to be here more than Brandy, more than Kurt, or Rick. What a farce..............
    No vote for Bristol says she deserves to be there more than each individual person you listed. It just says that voter thinks Bristol deserves to stay. It is up to the others fans to keep their person. There should be some way to express peoples outrage about the voting rules without running down other peoples choices. Especially the teabagger word. Any way I just added this to your quote to say I love that picture of Reid. At least we can agree on something.

Quote Originally Posted by sunshine2;4108307;
    No vote for Bristol says she deserves to be there more than each individual person you listed. It just says that voter thinks Bristol deserves to stay. It is up to the others fans to keep their person. There should be some way to express peoples outrage about the voting rules without running down other peoples choices. Especially the teabagger word. Any way I just added this to your quote to say I love that picture of Reid. At least we can agree on something.

LMAO -I didn't mention teabagger either......But how could anyone who WATCHES the show think Bristol deserves to stay? And yes Reid looks quite yummy in that picture....

FORT Regular

Here's an article from the smoking gun that I saw today. Thought it was funny but that is taking it way too far.

Man Shoots TV Over Bristol Palin Dancing | The Smoking Gun

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by elinda3834;4108321;
    Here's an article from the smoking gun that I saw today. Thought it was funny but that is taking it way too far.

Wow. Time to switch to decaf.
    This isn’t the Sound of freaking Music we’re watching.......sdl

Quote Originally Posted by jucamer;4108319;
    LMAO -I didn't mention teabagger either......But how could anyone who WATCHES the show think Bristol deserves to stay? And yes Reid looks quite yummy in that picture....
    Folks can think what they want - and vote as they want - it is the democratic way
    WHEW - Hang IN & Hang ON

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by elinda3834;4108321;

I loved Tom's response to this on his twitter; he said imagine what would have happened had the guy snapped after the result on Tuesday? Bristol apparently offered to buy him a new TV. I think it's taking it too far, but find it funny in the mean time.

+ Reply to Thread