+ Reply to Thread
Page 33 of 47 FirstFirst ... 232425262728293031323334353637383940414243 ... LastLast

Thread: 11/16 Results Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 11/16 Results Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by anders332;4107947;
    I guess I don't understand "kyle getting a pass" - am I missing something?? you guys mean in terms of him getting to stay and Brandy leaving?
    What I was referring to is that I see less mean-spirited comments, exclusive of dancing, directed toward Kyle than I do directed (relatively equally) toward Bristol, Brandy and Jennifer. Perhaps they are ignoring him altogether, but he seems to have fewer "detractors" than the three ladies do.

He has no DRAMA in his life LOL
    WHEW - Hang IN & Hang ON

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Capegal;4107594;
    ...... she (Bristol) attempted to step towards Max/Brandy and that it appeard that Mark pulled her back somewhat - was it so wrong of her if she had wanted to make physical contact with them
    I suspect Mark sensed Max and Brandy's shock/mood and didn't think it wise for Bristol to to offer condolences if, indeed, she was attempting to do that. She is so shy it may have just been Mark touching her because they made it another week and he didn't want to show any more glee than touching her shoulders.

As a liberal Democrat, I seperate Bristol from her mother. She is a child finding her way. She shows up, does her routine to the best of her ability and that is that. Her mother's supporters are voting for her. So what? We all have the opportunity to vote for who we want for any reason we choose.

It sure seems that many voters assumed Brandy was safe and put their votes to Kyle in order to edge Bristol out. This strategy rarely works and we see good dancers leave because of this.
    Last edited by shoepie; 11-17-2010 at 03:53 PM.

FORT Fogey

I, too, wondered if Mark wanted to hold Bristol back from extending any sympathy to Maks/Brandy not because he thought it was inappropriate but that he thought it was an inappropriate moment to do so. They'd just found out about the elimination, they were obviously in shock (as were many people), the audience was restive (to put in mildly)....she may have been making what she thought was a polite gesture on her part, but it just wasn't the time to make that gesture. She needed to give Brandy and Maks a minute or two to console each other before she stepped in, especially since she's the one many might see as to blame as a major factor in the two of them getting booted, despite a perfect score for their last dance.

I don't think Bristol was trying to be inappropriate. I think she just wasn't considering all the angles of the situation. Mark, on the other hand, knows both how it is to win and how it is to be eliminated, so he just had a better grasp on how to behave in that situation.

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie;4108000;
    I suspect Mark sensed Max and Brandy's shock/mood and didn't think it wise for Bristol to to offer condolences if, indeed, she was attempting to do that. She is so shy it may have just been Mark touching her because they made it another week and he didn't want to show any more glee than touching her shoulders.

As a liberal Democrat, I seperate Bristol from her mother. She is a child finding her way. She shows up, does her routine to the best of her ability and that is that. Her mother's supporters are voting for her. So what? We all have the opportunity to vote for who we want for any reason we choose.

It sure seems that many voters assumed Brandy was safe and put their votes to Kyle in order to edge Bristol out. This strategy rarely works and we see good dancers leave because of this.
    How can Bristol be separated from her mother? Bristol is on the show because of her mother and for no other reason... as she's a "nobody" when you are talking in the terms of "stars" - which is who is supposed to be on the show. Bristol isn't getting the majority of her votes... her mother is, plain and simple. If she was just a popular teen (like a Mylie Cyrus or a Justin Beiber) and they were a so-so dancer, people could understand the votes going her way... but for Bristol to be getting the votes, a relative nobody, and we here about how Palin's party is promoting her... it just leaves a bad taste in my mouth... just sayin'
    I hate to brag but I tried on some earrings that I wore in highschool... and they still fit
    Proud member of the Rose Coloured Glasses Club

The show is what it is - an entertainment show and not a true dance show.
    While I'm not happy about last night's results, I did predict and expect them beforehand.
    I remember, years ago, on 1 of the early seasons of AI, Ryan boasted about how more people voted for the AI contestant than voted in the last election.
    That was pretty scary to me. Scary, but not surprising.
    Voting is totally subjective and not necessarily indicative of the best dancer or the best singer or whatever.
    That, every so often, we do manage to get the "best dancer" is, rather, a surprise, but definitely not the expected "norm."
    To Thine Own Self Be True

FORT Newbie

I don't understand why some are calling Jennifer a ringer. Is it because she was taught to dance for a movie, what, 20 years ago? I don't think she's done much dancing since then, especially considering her neck problems caused by the car accident she was in.

FORT Fanatic

People complain about this show and then continue to watch. The hosts were right. It's up to the voters who stays and who goes. If the producers don't like that, they should change the format of the show. Notice there's no phone in voters on America's Next Top Model. Tyra has the final (and probably only) say in who goes home and who advances.

I for one like Bristol and love Sarah Palin, so I'm happy that she's still there, but I've never voted once. So obviously someone is voting for her.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;4108024;
    The show is what it is - an entertainment show and not a true dance show.
    While I'm not happy about last night's results, I did predict and expect them beforehand.
    I remember, years ago, on 1 of the early seasons of AI, Ryan boasted about how more people voted for the AI contestant than voted in the last election.
    That was pretty scary to me. Scary, but not surprising.
    Voting is totally subjective and not necessarily indicative of the best dancer or the best singer or whatever.
    That, every so often, we do manage to get the "best dancer" is, rather, a surprise, but definitely not the expected "norm."
    People have different views and tastes; therefore, the results of absolutely any contest whether it be a talent show or an election race is going to indicate that the "best" person didn't always win. What is "the best"? Even that is subjective. Add to that the fact that rarely will everyone be pleased anyway. Somebody is not going to be pleased with the results.
    (Just thought I would brighten your day....)
    If grace is an ocean, we're all drowning.

- John McMillan

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie;4107518;
    I feel the same way. I watch all reality TV for the fun of it.

Tom's interview was good. When people come up to him and complain that Bristol is still there, he asks who they voted for. When the answers is, I didn't vote, his response is F-you! If you don't vote you cannot complain.

I am in no way applying this to posters. Complain away, I don't care. Just saying I get where Tom is coming from.
    --------------------------------------------------
    Bristol. I did not see smug. I saw shocked and stunned. She was not jumping for joy or doing anything inappropriate for the situation!

Bruno begging the viewers to vote smacked of the judges not liking this outcome.
    I get this, but I tried voting. Dozens and dozens of times I hit redial to try to vote for Maks and Brandy and mostly got a busy signal or a few times when it rang and rang and rang with no pick up. My question is, if Maks and Brandy's line was so busy that I could not get through, why were their results low enough to have them lose to Bristol who was several points below them in the judges scoring?

+ Reply to Thread