+ Reply to Thread
Page 31 of 47 FirstFirst ... 212223242526272829303132333435363738394041 ... LastLast

Thread: 11/16 Results Show Discussion **Spoilers**

FORT Fogey

Re: 11/16 Results Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by RichLP;4107869;
    I just love how a lot of posters lament the supposition that there are massive blocs of Bristol voters who NEVER watch the show and then vote for her... and in the next line loudly proclaim who they will be voting for IN THE FINALS THAT HAVE YET TO BE DANCED! Talk about hypocrisy...
    Not really. You said it yourself -- People are complaining about blocs of voters who've been voting for Bristol despite NEVER having seen her dance. While I don't necessarily agree with making up one's mind now about who one will vote for in the finals, the people who are saying that HAVE been watching all the contenders dance, and none of them is going to get significantly better or worse by next week. Therefore, it's not a valid comparison at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky22;4107875;
    Not really. You said it yourself -- People are complaining about blocs of voters who've been voting for Bristol despite NEVER having seen her dance. While I don't necessarily agree with making up one's mind now about who one will vote for in the finals, the people who are saying that HAVE been watching all the contenders dance, and none of them is going to get significantly better or worse by next week. Therefore, it's not a valid comparison at all.

How could you POSSIBLY know this?

I've watched every week for years, and I would love to have that kind of foreknowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by RichLP;4107869;
    I just love how a lot of posters lament the supposition that there are massive blocs of Bristol voters who NEVER watch the show and then vote for her... and in the next line loudly proclaim who they will be voting for IN THE FINALS THAT HAVE YET TO BE DANCED! Talk about hypocrisy...
    It's not hypocrisy. We've watched them all dance for many weeks now. We know who can dance and who can't. She's not suddenly going to 'bring it' for the finale. She's been at the bottom of the leaderboard almost every week. There are still some of us who want a good dancer to win. For some, it's Jennifer, who is undeniably a wonderful dancer and for some, it's Kyle who has improved immensely and is also now also, a wonderful dancer.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by RichLP;4107887;
    How could you POSSIBLY know this?
    Um, common sense?

Quote Originally Posted by ironcat;4107760;
    Combine that with a lot of outrage and shock (don't know why anyone wouldn't have seen this coming by now, but whatever) over Brandy's elimination, and it's possible that enough previously apathetic voters will be motivated into action to thwart the hijacking.

But if she doesn't win, we'll never know if it was because of any of those things or pure producer manipulation, since good old Conrad has somehow incredibly managed to avoid giving any proof all these seasons of what is really going on with the votes.
    Absolutely! Going into last night, my mom, an average viewer, texted me, "Bristol will go home tonight" to which I replied, "Nope, watch, it's Brandy." When it happened, like either Tilden or Tia wrote, my mom wondered "How did you know that?" and it's all in the production of this show. Brandy was all over the results show, getting much more face time and highlights than other stars (interestingly, her pro, Maks, with a "foreign" last name, European features, and a strong accent, was the least featured pro in the pro review of dancers second to Lacey. The two boys, Hough and Mark, commented on every dancer) which just affirmed what we all knew. Two weeks ago, I just knew that they'd ride the Bristol-wave all the way home, and Brandy would be left in her wake.

Am I utterly convinced that she'll win? No. The show is being subjected to a massive public backlash as a result of this insanity. KABC-LA even did a story on it:

'Dancing' elimination: Brandy or Bristol? | abc7.com

Will they change gears and maneuver Bristol into 3rd? Or will they let her take-all? Since I'm with mindy and very skeptical of the actual viewers' involvement in the final verdict, I can't see the producers allowing her to win given the recent reaction post-Brandy. If I do buy into voting, perhaps we can hope that the shocked-and-outraged will be so burned up by things that they'll pick a side, either Kyle or Jennifer, and power-vote them above Bristol. But, as you mentioned, we'll never know the true source of the outcome

Will this season teach the show a lesson? If it rakes in the biggest bucks they've ever seen (think of that record-breaking voting tally), then I wouldn't put it past them to try again. This season was a reaction to last season's success and the show's way to equal or top itself. They've surely outdone themselves this time, and in the process, I hope that many people only tune in for the finale to see their favorites from this season return, or entirely quit this show unless viewer-suggested changes are implemented. Yeah, right
    Last edited by veg_out; 11-17-2010 at 03:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo;4107888;
    It's not hypocrisy. We've watched them all dance for many weeks now. We know who can dance and who can't. She's not suddenly going to 'bring it' for the finale. She's been at the bottom of the leaderboard almost every week. There are still some of us who want a good dancer to win. For some, it's Jennifer, who is undeniably a wonderful dancer and for some, it's Kyle who has improved immensely and is also now also, a wonderful dancer.
    As I said in a follow-up to my original post, I, too watch every week.

I'm just one of those who empathizes with Bristol, because very often she has that "God I hope I don't throw up here in front of everyone" look on her face that I have had many times myself, and would SURELY have in her situation.

And believe me, I'm no fan of her mother (I think she's a right wing idiot), and yes I know Bristol's only on there because of her mother's fame. But the hateful vitriol heaped upon her because of it is disappointing to say the least. For example, I hear very few people commenting negatively on Kyle's weight, and yet they unload on Bristol for the same issue.

Do I think she's the best dancer? No, clearly Jennifer is the best dancer, but being the best dancer is only part of the winning criteria.

Is she the most entertaining? Not by a long shot, Kyle has charisma oozing from every pore, and his dancing has been improving every single week.

I don't know who I'll be voting for this week, I'll wait to see the performances before making that decision.

That's all I'm saying...

Now I'll crawl back under my rock...

Quote Originally Posted by RichLP;4107909;
    As I said in a follow-up to my original post, I, too watch every week.

I'm just one of those who empathizes with Bristol, because very often she has that "God I hope I don't throw up here in front of everyone" look on her face that I have had many times myself, and would SURELY have in her situation.

And believe me, I'm no fan of her mother (I think she's a right wing idiot), and yes I know Bristol's only on there because of her mother's fame. But the hateful vitriol heaped upon her because of it is disappointing to say the least. For example, I hear very few people commenting negatively on Kyle's weight, and yet they unload on Bristol for the same issue.

Do I think she's the best dancer? No, clearly Jennifer is the best dancer, but being the best dancer is only part of the winning criteria.

Is she the most entertaining? Not by a long shot, Kyle has charisma oozing from every pore, and his dancing has been improving every single week.

I don't know who I'll be voting for this week, I'll wait to see the performances before making that decision.

That's all I'm saying...

Now I'll crawl back under my rock...
    ROFL - can I share that rock with you?!? You said it best - short and pretty sweet as well LOL
    WHEW - Hang IN & Hang ON

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky22;4107782;
    I hope the judges come to their senses in time to evaluate and compare the difficulty of each FS ... and before this show is over, I wish at least one of them would comment in their critique that in no way does Bristol measure up to the other two finalists or to Brandy
    I don't think it is in question in any way that Bristol is not as good a dancer. Her scores are lower then the others-she has never received a ten. Why would they have to say so directly when they have been saying so all season? Her scores are usually the lowest on the leader board, so why would you want such a comment. That would be redundant.

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Bookworm Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky22;4107875;
    The freestyle can make or break a team.

In season 2, I was going to vote for Stacy Kiebler - she was Tony's partner. But their freestyle was lame. Jerry Rice knocked her out even though Stacy was a much better dancer.

In Marie Osmond's season, I don't remember who I was planning to vote for, but if it had been Marie, I would have changed my vote after seeing her freestyle dance.

FORT Fan

Its a shame that there is such a disparity of dancing -

but someone talked about "cheating the system" ie voting blocks - here's a blog on how you can vote 900 times for one dancer one night -

How Palin Conservatives Are Cheating The DWTS Voting System

there are several conservative political blogs that post the numbers to call as well as how to set up email accounts to vote online at abc.com

+ Reply to Thread