+ Reply to Thread
Page 30 of 47 FirstFirst ... 202122232425262728293031323334353637383940 ... LastLast

Thread: 11/16 Results Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 11/16 Results Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by anders332;4107632;
    The montage wasn't made by me, I'd have to go back to the tape to watch the reaction - I wasn't really paying attention, but the one reaction I did see was Derek's and it smacked of "I got this" and I think Jennifer's reaction is more about her realizing she may also be eliminated (so to speak) over Bristol as well.
    I interpreted his reaction differently - more like ''OH MY G....!!! What the he$$" - more shock than awe - and Jen's reaction as ''you've got to be sh.....n me.....really!?!?!''
    WHEW - Hang IN & Hang ON

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by northernviewer;4107320;
    that's probably why Mark choreographed the dance to such dark music... it would match her expressionless face....
    I remarked that I didn't recognize the music, but I could see that she appeared to be grieving. I have since read a media article where she and Mark say that the music comes from the Passion of Christ which they both saw and felt moving. Mark said that he had always wanted to dance to this particular music.
    If grace is an ocean, we're all drowning.

- John McMillan

Quote Originally Posted by veg_out;4107624;
    I don't see how Bristol's fanbase is SO huge that it could take out Florence, Audrina (also young and well known among teen/college-age women who are apparently voting for Bristol), Rick, and Kurt, but NOT take out Jennifer and Derek.

The only way Bristol is NOT winning now is if Conrad Green sees her as more of a liability than a benefit to this season; and let's face it, if she could knock out the aforementioned stars and be considered a benefit with their loss, then both Kyle and Jennifer will be at her mercy.

Conrad Green holds the cards here, not the viewers though they want to shove down our throats that the votes count. There are plenty of ways for them to skew votes, like jacked up phone lines and online-voting glitches
    Bristol may well have been getting twice as many votes as any of the others. I suspect that many of those who are supporting her for political reasons (not to be confused with the smaller but still significant group of people who like her because they are living vicariously through her and enjoy the idea of a mediocre "average American", just like them, winning) may be spending hours voting for her under multiple email addresses on line, as they are attaching significantly more weight to this outcome than the average Jennifer or Kyle supporter probably is. Combining the two aforementioned groups together is what is creating her huge "fanbase".

That said, as the weeks go on, and the choices for "not Bristol" grow fewer (now just two), it's possible that Jennifer and Kyle have been chipping away at the disparity by continuously picking up some of the votes of the fallen celebs, which I suspect are not going, by and large, to Bristol. It has also been speculated that many regular viewers only vote on the finale. Combine that with a lot of outrage and shock (don't know why anyone wouldn't have seen this coming by now, but whatever) over Brandy's elimination, and it's possible that enough previously apathetic voters will be motivated into action to thwart the hijacking.

But if she doesn't win, we'll never know if it was because of any of those things or pure producer manipulation, since good old Conrad has somehow incredibly managed to avoid giving any proof all these seasons of what is really going on with the votes.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Longhornfan;4107743;
    Anytime you bring politics into ANYTHING it becomes polarizing. I agree with you on that. It certainly threw a monkey wrench in how people got voted off.

Sadly for Bristol - as much as she wants to believe that her last name has had nothing to do with her making the final three - she is there because of who her mother is. Plain and simple. If Bristol had been just another beloved F3 from the Bachelor show or some other reality star (and not a Palin), she would have already been gone by now.

Yes, her dancing has improved, but let's get real here. That is not what is keeping her on the show. She may very well end up with the mirror ball too if there is backlash against Derek winning a 3rd time, so I think that anything is possible. I fully expect her to win it now - unless Kyle can somehow make it to the Final Two.
    I totally agree with your entire post, and you could very well be right about the bolded part. It will all come down to the freestyle, probably the choreography more than the actual dancing. (I believe that's what clinched the win for Shawn over Gilles ... he was by far the better dancer, but her freestyle choreography was much more spectacular.) Bristol could have a big advantage here, because she doesn't have to repeat any of her clunky, uninspired ballroom dancing. Mark can choreograph around her inadequacies as a dancer and come up with something to make her look good, even though she is anything but! Derek usually comes up with amazing freestyles for his partners, so given that combined with Jennifer's superior dancing, they could still take the win. It all comes down to Lacey's choreography for Kyle ... can't remember if she's ever choreographed a FS. Don't know what she might create for Kyle, but hopefully it's fun, unique, and lively because he could dance the heck out of that. My concern is that Bristol could come off looking much better than she is due to Mark's ability to choreograph around her and avoid anything that reveals the dismal dancer that she is.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky22;4107764;
    I totally agree with your entire post, and you could very well be right about the bolded part. It will all come down to the freestyle, probably the choreography more than the actual dancing. (I believe that's what clinched the win for Shawn over Gilles ... he was by far the better dancer, but her freestyle choreography was much more spectacular.) Bristol could have a big advantage here, because she doesn't have to repeat any of her clunky, uninspired ballroom dancing. Mark can choreograph around her inadequacies as a dancer and come up with something to make her look good, even though she is anything but! Derek usually comes up with amazing freestyles for his partners, so given that combined with Jennifer's superior dancing, they could still take the win. It all comes down to Lacey's choreography for Kyle ... can't remember if she's ever choreographed a FS. Don't know what she might create for Kyle, but hopefully it's fun, unique, and lively because he could dance the heck out of that. My concern is that Bristol could come off looking much better than she is due to Mark's ability to choreograph around her and avoid anything that reveals the dismal dancer that she is.
    The one thing about the freestyle though, is it rarely is done in hold, since it's not really supposed to be a standard ballroom or latin dance. What exactly can Bristol do without Mark pushing her around the dance floor? The qualities that generally make a good freestyle are high energy and good side by side dancing, and to quote Bristol, she kind of "sucks" at this. Mark has his work cut out for him, I suspect.

Also speaking of next week, I am curious what dance the judges ask her to repeat. It's supposed to be a dance she had problems with the first time, so by all accounts, it should be her jive. But if they give her another dance in hold to do, it will indicate to me that they've thrown in the towel and are just going to accept her winning as a done deal.

Freestyles don’t have to be high energy/side by side dancing. I can’t remember which season it was but I remember Len being disappointed that a pro didn’t pick a type of dance that the star was very good at. Mark would do well to choreograph something that suits her/them.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by ironcat;4107769;
    The one thing about the freestyle though, is it rarely is done in hold, since it's not really supposed to be a standard ballroom or latin dance. What exactly can Bristol do without Mark pushing her around the dance floor? The qualities that generally make a good freestyle are high energy and good side by side dancing, and to quote Bristol, she kind of "sucks" at this. Mark has his work cut out for him, I suspect.

Also speaking of next week, I am curious what dance the judges ask her to repeat. It's supposed to be a dance she had problems with the first time, so by all accounts, it should be her jive. But if they give her another dance in hold to do, it will indicate to me that they've thrown in the towel and are just going to accept her winning as a done deal.
    She got high scores and praise from the judges for her Paso, and much of that was not in hold. That's why I say Mark can come up with anything to make her look better than she is because there are no rules. Cheryl dropped the (mirror)ball (trophy) with Gilles because, if I remember correctly, too much of his freestyle was in hold, and he didn't need that as a dancer. Mark could do the same because his partner DOES need that, and in this case, it would result in the finalist looking better, not worse. I hope the judges come to their senses in time to evaluate and compare the difficulty of each FS ... and before this show is over, I wish at least one of them would comment in their critique that in no way does Bristol measure up to the other two finalists or to Brandy (perhaps put it nicer than that), especially if she and Maks comply with Bruno's request that they dance a FS (which I think is ludicrous, and I hope they DON'T)!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky22;4107764;
    My concern is that Lacey and Kyle's FS will be too over the top and end up going against them. Kyle is a good dancer and Lacey is a good choreographer, but they both like to push the envelope and I'm afraid they'll end up burying themselves in a routine that's manic and out of control.

Bristol's FS may look like a funeral procession by comparison, but she's been praised by the judges all season for dancing to similar choreography, so I expect she'll slide by.

Jennifer has Derek's top-notch choreography to count on. Will he ignore her frail, fragile old body and load the routine up with spectacular, never-before-done lifts (which she will perform flawlessly)? I expect so.
    This isn’t the Sound of freaking Music we’re watching.......sdl

Quote Originally Posted by BTW;4107348;
    Wonder what ABC will think if all the people I am hearing who will not watch next week, comes to pass?

Yes, GO KYLE !! I'm sick of hearing about all Jennifer's reasons for possibly not dancing well....then she goes out there and does great. Doesn't seem to be effecting her performance any.

If it kills me I am not watching - I'll be here on the boards talking to everyone but I will not watch. This has to be the biggest shocker ever - sending Brandy home and keeping Bristol - bigger to me than Sabrina being sent home. She has no passion whatsoever about ANYTHING - she's like a robot (well she must have had passion at one time with Levi, but thinking of that makes me want to ). I will be casting my votes for Kyle as he is the only other one I liked. I really think this is going to haunt DWTS and if Bristol wins - time to stick a fork in it..............

I just love how a lot of posters lament the supposition that there are massive blocs of Bristol voters who NEVER watch the show and then vote for her... and in the next line loudly proclaim who they will be voting for IN THE FINALS THAT HAVE YET TO BE DANCED! Talk about hypocrisy...

+ Reply to Thread