+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 47 FirstFirst ... 141516171819202122232425262728293031323334 ... LastLast

Thread: 11/16 Results Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 11/16 Results Show Discussion **Spoilers**

All the posts about Bristol doesn't belong in the finals, and yet there are a ton of posts about voting for Kyle because either they don't like Derek or are tired of hearing about Jennifer's injuries ... and then complaining that the show is a joke because the best dancers aren't going into the finals.

So, if the best dancer were truly to win, that should really go to Jennifer .. she is the best dancer remaining. Kyle is absolutely adorable, but he is not as good as Jennifer.

Bristol .. well, she certainly doesn't belong in the finals if the voters were voting strictly based on dance. She should have been gone a long time ago if that was the only criteria for advancing. She looks bored, is boring, can't dance, does put her arms up alot.

I did not care for Brandy, but loved looking at Maks, he looked gorgeous last night. I'm sorry Maks isn't in the finals, Brandy should have been there over Bristol for sure, but I can see why the voters didn't call in for her.

Much like American Idol, the best is not a guaranty for the win. Doesn't make the show a joke, just shows that the voters vote based on who they want to win for whatever reason.

BTW, I am shocked that Bristol has that many people voting for her.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Getting ready to watch Jimmy Kimmell. Can't wait to see what Maks/Brandy have to say. Jimmy does like to push buttons.

Quote Originally Posted by Bet2Win;4107383;
    BTW, I am shocked that Bristol has that many people voting for her.
    Really? Her voters just swept the House of Representatives.

This is the same reason I gave up on American Idol, the best does not win!
    A cat changes coming home to an empty house to coming home

Disappointing but not surprising outcome. For all of the talk about hating ringers and not wanting ringers on the show, we ended up with a ringer of the worst sort-a ringer who can't dance. I'll take a ringer who dances their butt off anyday to this farce that is happening now.

Go Kyle!
    "Worrying does not take away tomorrow's troubles, it takes away today's peace".

-Unknown Author-

Quote Originally Posted by IrishGal;4107387;
    Really? Her voters just swept the House of Representatives.
    Too funny. But, oh so true!
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by taracran;4107389;
    This is the same reason I gave up on American Idol, the best does not win!
    This time, it's not even a case of the second, third or fourth-best winning. It's the second- or third-WORST possibly winning. I hope ABC thinks this was all still worth it down the line...this show may have seemed trivial in the past, but it was never completely dismissed as a joke. Until maybe now.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

FORT Newbie

This show is no longer dancing with the *stars*.....There have been non-star dancers in other seasons that FORTers have complained about, but it's just too great a stretch to call Bristol a celebrity. I love to watch some of the dancers, love to watch the pros, but why would anyone enjoy watching Bristol dance? (unless it's a member of her family) She is moved here and there by Mark while she shimmies (she's good at that), and there's no charisma there at all...(I mean, sometimes if a celeb. can't dance, at least there's something watchable about them).

True, it's a bore to listen to all that talk about Jennifer's physical problems! (I figure it's the way DWTS chooses to edit the show...I'm sure Jennifer has made hundreds of comments that have nothing to do with her injuries.)
    But bottom line, I love to watch her dance....her dancing with Derek is exquisite.

And Kyle (unlike Bristol) actually dances and holds his own with his professional partner; he has shown so much improvement, and he brings personality to his performances. I love watching his dancing (sometimes Lacy is hard to watch tho. 'cuz the blond hair makes her look like a floozy, heh).

I would be happy with a Kyle or Jen win. I won't be surprised if Bristol wins because even tho. 'you can't fool all of the people all of the time,' you can fool enough of them to change the course of history (uh, I mean, this contest).

Let's be honest, we all know the best dancer doesn't always win (i.e. Mya, Mario, Mel B., Gilles) and they don't have too. But the person who does win normally, while not the best, can still hold their own on the dance floor and totally draw you in. If you compare each of the 4 I listed to who they lost too, you can sort of see why that may have happened and realize that the person who did beat them wasn't so bad.

However, comparing a Bristol win over Jennifer or Kyle makes no sense unlike the Donny win over Mya, or the Emmitt win over Mario or the Helio win over Mel B. (I LOVED her, but lets be honest, that freestyle killed her chances!)

I won't touch the Shawn win over Gilles cause that subject is still so sore for me !

I don't know, just my opinion. Hope it makes sense cause it makes sense in my head, but sometimes it doesn't transfer out correctly when I type it!
    Keep your feet on the ground, when your heads in the clouds!

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;4107392;
    This time, it's not even a case of the second, third or fourth-best winning. It's the second- or third-WORST possibly winning. I hope ABC thinks this was all still worth it down the line...this show may have seemed trivial in the past, but it was never completely dismissed as a joke. Until maybe now.
    With AI, I didn't always agree with the outcome. But no one that could be the Bristol of singing ever won. It may not have been the best person, but you could always justify it. I don't always agree with the outcome on here (who does?), but we'll see what everyone's saying next season when the Bristol voters that are or aren't watching abandon the show. Or if the ratings take a nose dive if she finishes 3rd next week. I'm still betting on a 2nd place finish, and maybe I spoke too soon about Jennifer having the trophy. The whole show has become less and less fun with each season, whether it's due to the gimmicks and stunt casting or just the whole predictable nature/same pros having the same track record. I know the show figures the only way to recover is throw in more gimmicks and controversial casting rather than go back the better way.

I did like when Jimmy Kimmell said the only part of Dancing with the Stars that Bristol qualified for was "with the". He says imagine how big her fanbase might be if she could actually dance

+ Reply to Thread