+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 47 FirstFirst ... 131415161718192021222324252627282930313233 ... LastLast

Thread: 11/16 Results Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 11/16 Results Show Discussion **Spoilers**

It's really hard to know what to do with Brandy/Maks gone. I like Kyle okay...he's a fun blast and he has dramatically improved. But he's not gonna win and he is not a great dancer. I sincerely don't think he can stop the Palin Factor. So I'm moving my votes to Jennifer. I do love her Dad who starred in the favorite musical of my youth, Caberet. (I'm 50 so Dirty Dancing didn't make an impression on me). So yeah...I fear votes for Kyle may insure a Bristol win.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by tango7;4107366;
    I think they need to review the 50% judges scores/50% viewer votes. Maybe when it gets to semi-finals make it 75%judges/25%viewers. Not sure that would help in the case of the Palin minions, though. They are fanatics.

I remember that Marissa Jaret Winokur was saying in interviews that she creates dozens of email addresses and votes for herself. She had Lucy Lawless fanbase doing the same thing, but eventually she was eliminated. Still, she stayed too long.
    I don't think the judges should get anymore power. They can't handle it now. Len I would trust, but CA and Bruno? I think they'd pass out at the thought. I remember that about Marissa. She said she was having too much fun to go home; she wanted to make the group dance; she wanted to make the TV Cover shoot; she was having fun! She didn't want to go! She did outstay her welcome.

I think the online voting needs to go, and limitations in place for phone and texting. I know viewers of AI can go crazy calling/texting over and over again, so that's why I think DWTS should keep the number of votes in place. All Tom ever says is 'millions of you voted' so I question how high the number is in the first place. I guess tonight he wanted to make it sound like it was a close race, when it reality Bristol's probably way out in front. According to one article I read, DWTS got topped by House last night, so I guess they can't brag they're the #1 show anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by mindy384;4107370;
    I'm thinking that ABC never meant for Bristol to win this thing, just stick around to create drama and bring in more viewers every week. My guess is that it is between Kyle and Jennifer. I know the latter is their little darling and she is partnered with their love child but Kyle is a member of the ABC family--so I think they might actually be okay with either outcome and bother to count the votes this time.

Regardless, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE let Kyle win!
    Good post! I forgot about the Kyle - ABC connection. Maybe he will have a chance, after all!
    Stay tuned for "Dancing with the Dancers"!

Quote Originally Posted by BTW;4107329;
    Typical tactics from that group. Too bad they can't rig votes to get her mother into the presidency. Oh wait -- maybe they will. This may be a wake up call to people, to see just how far they'll go to get their way.....fair or not. I will not watch the show next week. I may call in for Kyle though. Would love to flub up their expectations of a winner.
    Exactly my sentiments, everyone should boycott this show, it is not a dancing competition, it has become a political show. There is no way on earth that Bristol is a better dancer than Brandy. Just so very unfair for Brandy who danced her a.. off, and got the best scores.

FORT Fogey

I just saw the last few minutes of the show on-line, via an article about the outcome. I was utterly flabbergasted that Len, of all people, would say that Bristol danced with precision and technique? Seriously? Yes, she's gradually gotten a bit better, but if she dances with precision and technique then so do I (and trust me, I don't).

I wonder if they'll feel obligated to give her at least one ten next week, as they've already given her eights and nines. If she wins this thing without scoring at least one ten, over people who've scored several, they're really going to look stupid. Of course, if they give her a ten, they're going to look stupid too. But they're the ones who were moronic enough to paint themselves into this particular corner in the first place. If they'd just scored her fairly all along, they wouldn't be in this mess in the first place, because she would have gone home after that monkey-suit jive where she clearly forgot at least a third of it.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Beachmom;4107361;
    She's not, but the others are closer to the MTV generation's ages. And when has this show ever been about the best dancer? How many others vote for their favorite person regardless of how well he/she dances? I haven't been watching as long as some of you, but to me it's always been a popularity contest. I wasn't watching, but I heard in a past season a Cheetah girl (I think) who was a good dancer was voted off. It's not just this season. We'll see what the producers come up with next season. Who will they get to polarize people as much as Bristol did?
    There were a few good dancers voted off too early in this and past seasons, but never has there been a dancer as bad as Bristol voted into the finals. If this show is just about voting for your favorite person, then instead of all the contestants (or should I say, MOST of the contestants) and pros working their fannies off for months, just parade the celebrities out on stage and let them do whatever cockamamie dance routines pop into their heads unrehearsed.

Quote Originally Posted by Tobi;4107285;
    It's in post number 12 of this thread. She allegedly said that Maks didn't like her and didn't think she deserved to be there.
    So, are we in 3rd grade and unhappy someone doesn't like us? Sheesh. She really does need a filter. Yes, I get it, she's not a "celebrity", but she's been on TV for months now, she's made appearances on TV shows, she's been featured in magazines, she speaks publicly. I wish I could give the girl a break and not hold her mother against her - but her presence on this show has just rubbed me SO the wrong way all season and tonight was just too much.
    "Grammar is the bus that carries the words, without it they have to walk, and get very confused on the way." Unknown

"My best friend is a person who will give me a book I have not read." Abraham Lincoln

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Best part of the show tonight? Enrique, Louis, Kym, Dmitry, and Damian. That was it. And the obvious displeasure with everyone at the outcome.

I don't think there's been a finale since season 5 where every couple didn't get at least one 10. Normally, I'd say Bristol would need to do something impressive to warrant that, but she's done things that deserved 7s at best and got 9s. So who knows. I'm sure the judges will be forced to tongue bath her again and play what an underdog/inspriation she is to the normal American's sitting at home watching someone who had no real claim to fame dancing. This isn't Survivor. That's what you watch to get inspired by normal, everyday people that are afraid of leaves and can't swim but go rough it anyway.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Beachmom;4107324;
    When Carrie Ann talked about her being in and out of character again, I thought of the part of the dance when she threw herself on Mark and he dragged her across the floor. Did you see the expression on her face? It looked to me like total grieving. I wonder if Carrie Ann eventually saw it in the video of the performance. I was glad Len disagreed with her.

I think she's come a long way.

And I don't think the votes have much to do with her politics. Others will disagree, but I've said I watched one show with a group of teenage girls. They were all "Aww" about her because she was so shy at the time and out of her element. THEY voted for her! Other posters have said the audience is rooting for her. It can't all be political, can it? I don't think that's the group voting for her. I agree with Tom, the judges, and the pros comments that she is representing the average person watching the show who can look at her and say, "If she can do it, I can do it"!
    The BIG difference is that the group of teenage girls WATCHED THE SHOW AND THEN VOTED FOR WHOEVER THEY CHOSE VOTED FOR BRISTOL because they related to her. The thousands and thousands of Teabaggers who voted for Bristol without even watching her dance and having no idea whether she danced badly or did a superb job were voting without any knowledge of how well or badly Bristol danced. They had NO idea if Bristol danced better or worse than the other dancers and they didn't care. They were like lost sheep who were told who to vote for and how to do it and followed the leader. Most likely didn't watch the show...they just voted as told.

WC checking in. Show hasn't aired yet.
    Wanted to see if my prediction came true.
    It did.
    No surprise.
    At least, Annie Lenox is on tonight.

While I definitely think Brandy deserved to be in the finals and would have loved to see her there, I have always found this show's voting about as ridiculous as AI's.
    I still can't remember who beat out Adam Lambert.
    We can change the judges all we want, but the actual voting, and the weight of such, comes down to the audience doing the voting, not the judges.
    The Pistol's fanbase is that strong.
    And, like it or not, Maks' comments last week turned off a lot of people to Brandy, whose fanbase was obviously not that big to start with.

I guess next week we get treated to Vampira's freestyle.
    Lucky us, huh??!!!
    Last edited by norealityhere; 11-17-2010 at 12:03 AM.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

+ Reply to Thread