+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 47 FirstFirst ... 101112131415161718192021222324252627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: 11/16 Results Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 11/16 Results Show Discussion **Spoilers**

I was so shocked that Brandy and Max went home. They dance as if made for each other. By far I think Brandy is my favorite star that has danced with Max. They brought me so much joy just watching them dance together. So they are My Mirror Ball Winners (in my heart) and I stand virtually and give them a Big Bravo for the joy they brought me. Bravo
    Last edited by Tin Frizzy; 11-16-2010 at 11:55 PM. Reason: typing in dark
    It's got to be love.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny555;4107327;
    I hope Kyle takes it all!
    Me too. It's the only outcome that won't be a complete bummer for me.

It's like they're in a marathon. But, Jennifer started on the 13th mile. She was so ahead of the pack in ability, she skipped the first half of the race. Both Kyle and Bristol started on mile 1, but Bristol has been walking all the way while Kyle has been sprinting. Kyle is the only one to go the full 26.2 miles at competitive pace. I'd love to see him win.
    This isn’t the Sound of freaking Music we’re watching.......sdl

Quote Originally Posted by Beachmom;4107324;
    \And I don't think the votes have much to do with her politics. Others will disagree, but I've said I watched one show with a group of teenage girls. They were all "Aww" about her because she was so shy at the time and out of her element. THEY voted for her! Other posters have said the audience is rooting for her. It can't all be political, can it? I don't think that's the group voting for her. I agree with Tom, the judges, and the pros comments that she is representing the average person watching the show who can look at her and say, "If she can do it, I can do it"!
    A couple of things -- most of the people who are organizing the vote for Bristol in mass numbers don't even watch the show, and don't care how Bristol dances, or even IF she dances or stands there and picks her nose. They just care that her last name is Palin, which to them means they have to show immense force to cram her down America's throats whether they like it or not. It's not about Bristol being a symbol for anything with them -- it's about power, period.

How Palin Conservatives Are Cheating The DWTS Voting System

Also, the show is called Dancing with the Stars, not Dancing with the People Just Like Me Who I Should Emulate. It's supposed to be escapist fun, but that was ruined this season. Possibly for future seasons, too.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Beachmom;4107331;
    Yes, but the younger voters aren't going to care much about those two gentlemen. They WILL care about someone close to their own ages. Groups of college girls watch this and vote. Once Audrina and Mike left, who do you think they were going to vote for? Who could they relate to?
    Gee, I don't know, but maybe it'd be nice if they had enough integrity to vote for the person they know danced the best. And Brandy is not exactly an old broad, anyway.

I'm telling you, Bristol could fall next week, get her heel caught in her dress, or stand in the center of the dance floor and forget her steps and still win the whole banana.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I noticed when the announcement was made, Bristol didn't even look shocked. She had no emotion at all. You'd think she of all people would have her jaw on the floor. Mark seemed confused and looked at Derek. This will follow him, too, though I'm sure the show will make it up to him next time Jennifer seemed disappointed, and I wasn't sure what to make of Kyle. He probably knows he's as good as third anyway. The judges didn't seem that shocked, but the audience seemed more stunned silent. I thought it was interesting they didn't show the final 3 couples on the stage and didn't do the final dance to have them come down and say good bye.

I didn't really get from Maks's statement that he was saying good bye. From the look on his face I think he knew this was coming. Also, he really just touched on the whole voting aspect of the show and this is what happens. He's been critical before how the results are done. I recommend they get rid of online voting next season, limit the number of votes, and keep it at texts and phone.

ETA: LuvThisStuf, she's forgotten routines, clumped around the floor, and posed while Mark did all the dancing-and she still got 6s, 7s, 8s, and 9s, and here she is. Maybe they should do that 2 system scoring next season for technique and entertainment. At least the judges would be more accountable for scoring higher on technique.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;4107338;
    I noticed when the announcement was made, Bristol didn't even look shocked. She had no emotion at all. You'd think she of all people would have her jaw on the floor. Mark seemed confused and looked at Derek.
    To me she looked like someone who just received a "not guilty" verdict when she was expecting "guilty". As was everyone else in that studio.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

All this is making me laugh. As we discuss the Tea Party, politics and how the votes go the powers that be at ABC are having a good chuckle. I know weve discussed this before but I highly doubt our votes matter. If the ratings are wonderful then ABC and DWTS will do whatever it takes to continue that (ratings == mad $$$ in advertising). Even if that poor bumbling child only got 2 votes and a high five on any given evening she would still stick around if the producers thought she was bringing in the viewers (and I think she is).

Someone mentioned earlier how the judges' scoring should take level of difficulty into consideration--dream on! Then they would be forced to give contestants like Kate, Bristol and others a "2," and that would be much harder for ABC and the judges to explain away by blaming it on the audience.

I really, really, really hope Maks doesn't leave--hes such a nice contrast to fake Derrick who is always hamming up to the cameras and trying to say the 'right' thing.

KYLE for the win! Here is why:
    -most improved
    -a joy to watch
    -genuine
    -always puts forth effort
    -good mix of showmanship and technique
    -no prior experience
    -I cant handle hearing about Jennifer's injuries for the winner's media tour...and neither can anyone else I imagine. I almost wish tom would rip her arm off and knock her off the ballroom floor while saying "now that IS a problem."

FORT Fogey

Surely at this point the show must realize the voting is a complete joke. They should have some vague idea of how many people are watching the show, and if the Tea Party voters are voting massively without watching the show, that should be evident. And, honestly, the producers need people to watch the show. I can't imagine that advertisers would be happy to know that people are voting without bothering to watch, because if they're not watching, they're not seeing their commercials.

The rule from now on should be that absolutely no one who's a current political figure or related to a current political figure (if that is his/her sole claim to fame) be allowed on as a contestant. They also need to change the judging--perhaps having one judge assigned to look at the technical aspects of the dance, another the choreography, and another the performance/entertainment factor. And for all of those divisions, there should be specific things the judges are looking for and the audience should know what those things are in advance (and so should the contestants). Lastly, the voting numbers should be made public. At the very least the percentages should be (as in, "coming in first, with 75% of the vote total is....) and no one should be subjected to a fake bottom two. We should know who the real rankings of the dancers from week to week, and the dancers should also know where they are ranking, not just with the judges but with the total vote.

I also think the suggestion that on-line voting be abandoned if they can't control it better is a good one. Yes, people can have multiple phone lines too, but it would still be harder to vote hundreds of times that way.

FORT Newbie

Been reading here for a long time, but never posted. I usually just read the thread while the show is airing to see what you have to say.

I do have a question though ... I have looked at Palins fb and twitter and can't find where she has encouraged anyone to vote for Bristol. I only read back a couple of weeks on each. I also have googled and can't find any info either.
    Just for the record, I have never cast a vote for anyone on DWTS and won't this season either. I am a conservative as most of my friends are and only 1 that I know of is voting for Bristol. She is the daughter of a friend of mine and also was a young, unwed mother.

I am a member of a message board where I post daily and most of the people on there are conservatives, they vote like crazy for their favorite on DWTS (they are why I watch) and none of them are voting for Bristol. Most were voting for Brandy and Maks and now say they will vote for Kyle and Lacey.

So, any info that you can provide me, I would appreciate it.

Thanks ....

+ Reply to Thread