+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 47 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920212223242526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: 11/16 Results Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 11/16 Results Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;4107313;
    I thought Brandy deserved 10s. She was marvelous on her dances.

However, I did think that Bristol did well especially on her Paso. She threw herself into that one. Although I didn't recognize the haunting music on the waltz, I got the idea that it was grieving. The reserved air about her helped her on that dance, but I also understood what the judges were saying about sometimes she seemed to slip a bit in and out of the (intensity) of the character.
    My opinion is that she was on the bottom of the leader board, but she deserved the scores that she got last night.
    that's probably why Mark choreographed the dance to such dark music... it would match her expressionless face....
    I hate to brag but I tried on some earrings that I wore in highschool... and they still fit
    Proud member of the Rose Coloured Glasses Club

Quote Originally Posted by IrishGal;4107312;
    It comes into play personally for me cuz way back when my 93 yr old mom got a political letter asking her to support Bristol (for Sarah's sake) and she has been loyally voting even though she never before watched a reality tv show in her life.
    That is very disturbing that they are taking advantage of very senior voters. Bless your Mom's heart for voting. I hope she saw one show atleast.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny555;4107319;
    They are blogging and tweeting the numbers to vote for her so they don't even need to watch to vote. That's WTH they have to do with it.
    DWTS should be so proud of themselves. This is what it's come to.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;4107313;
    I thought Brandy deserved 10s. She was marvelous on her dances.

However, I did think that Bristol did well especially on her Paso. She threw herself into that one. Although I didn't recognize the haunting music on the waltz, I got the idea that it was grieving. The reserved air about her helped her on that dance, but I also understood what the judges were saying about sometimes she seemed to slip a bit in and out of the (intensity) of the character.
    My opinion is that she was on the bottom of the leader board, but she deserved the scores that she got last night.
    When Carrie Ann talked about her being in and out of character again, I thought of the part of the dance when she threw herself on Mark and he dragged her across the floor. Did you see the expression on her face? It looked to me like total grieving. I wonder if Carrie Ann eventually saw it in the video of the performance. I was glad Len disagreed with her.

I think she's come a long way.

And I don't think the votes have much to do with her politics. Others will disagree, but I've said I watched one show with a group of teenage girls. They were all "Aww" about her because she was so shy at the time and out of her element. THEY voted for her! Other posters have said the audience is rooting for her. It can't all be political, can it? I don't think that's the group voting for her. I agree with Tom, the judges, and the pros comments that she is representing the average person watching the show who can look at her and say, "If she can do it, I can do it"!
    Stay tuned for "Dancing with the Dancers"!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny555;4107319;
    They are blogging and tweeting the numbers to vote for her so they don't even need to watch to vote. That's WTH they have to do with it.
    It may be just a TV show, but they're showing off their power ... whoever they favor can rise to the top, even if they're not qualified to be there, and even if their voters don't know WTH they're voting for!

I hope Kyle takes it all!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Beachmom;4107324;
    And I don't think the votes have much to do with her politics. Others will disagree, but I've said I watched one show with a group of teenage girls. They were all "Aww" about her because she was so shy at the time and out of her element. THEY voted for her! Other posters have said the audience is rooting for her. It can't all be political, can it? I don't think that's the group voting for her. I agree with Tom, the judges, and the pros comments that she is representing the average person watching the show who can look at her and say, "If she can do it, I can do it"!
    That's what all the bad and mediocre dancers said, from Jerry Springer to Buzz Aldrin, but they weren't voted into the finals!

BTW
    FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky22;4107316;
    That's hardly a valid comparison. Jennifer was not invited to be on the show solely because she's the daughter of a controversial conservative politician and party leader with a failed bid for vice president behind her and a possible run for president ahead. Politics definitely DOES come into play .... the Teabaggers were explaining to people on the Internet all the ways to vote for Bristol, and Bristol is only on the show BECAUSE of politics.
    Typical tactics from that group. Too bad they can't rig votes to get her mother into the presidency. Oh wait -- maybe they will. This may be a wake up call to people, to see just how far they'll go to get their way.....fair or not. I will not watch the show next week. I may call in for Kyle though. Would love to flub up their expectations of a winner.

FORT Fogey

I didn't see the results show, because I had an additional choir practice on Tuesday this week. At the end of rehearsal, the soprano in front of me turned around and asked if I wanted to know who'd gotten the boot (she'd heard me talking about the show with someone else during our break), as someone had just texted her the results. I said it didn't really matter, as I could check when I got home. She replied that she really had to tell me, because I'd never believe it, and I said, "Why, because it's Brandy?" She was positively stunned that I could guess that, but she is much more of a positive thinker than I am and had just assumed that couldn't happen.

I think I'll vote for Kyle next week, just to see the reaction in the Hough/Ballas camp if they both make it to the finals and neither of them win. But if Bristol/Mark win, I won't be surprised, even if she would be the worst winner ever. In fact, her rabid fanbase might want to think about the criticism that's going to rain down upon her head if she walks away with a trophy she obviously does not deserve.

And why do I keep imagining a "We got booted by Bristol" group meeting for drinks? Maybe because the picture of Audrina, Florence, Rick, Kurt, and Brandy sitting around a table badmouthing Bristol is so odd that it's amusing? I know Kurt's supposed to be a gentleman and all, but I can't imagine that even he wouldn't have a few choice words about Bristol making the finals.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky22;4107328;
    That's what all the bad and mediocre dancers said, from Jerry Springer to Buzz Aldrin, but they weren't voted into the finals!
    Yes, but the younger voters aren't going to care much about those two gentlemen. They WILL care about someone close to their own ages. Groups of college girls watch this and vote. Once Audrina and Mike left, who do you think they were going to vote for? Who could they relate to?
    Stay tuned for "Dancing with the Dancers"!

+ Reply to Thread