+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 47 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819202122232425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: 11/16 Results Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 11/16 Results Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by northernviewer;4107306;
    but were they voting for the dancing Bristol, or Palin for President???
    From the standing o she received on both of her dances last night I think America has some compassion for her. Like I said, she is not the better dancer over Brandy, but obvioulsy America is voting and voting to keep her in. I just don't understand why all the political crap has to come into play on this.. is anyone questioning Jennifers political views... no!

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;4107299;
    The judges really need to take the degree of difficulty of the choreography into consideration. They generously give Bristol the same score as Brandy when she's dancing far simpler routines.

I hope the Maks fans who said they'd vote for Bristol will reconsider.
    I wouldn't really vote for Bristol. It's a fitting outcome to the worst season this show has seen. But I think they'll prevent it from happening, and I feel Bristol is in for a rude awakening next week. I'm debating if I should give the votes to who I think is the sure thing (Jennifer) or Kyle, who I like better. I dislike all the pros left, and Kyle's the only celeb I remotely like.

They really need to revamp the judging. I don't just blame America and get tired when the judges say it's the viewers fault for not voting, or apparently not voting enough. They're at fault too for the scores they've been giving her. I agree with the suggestions I've seen that each judge should score based on certain aspects of the dance-Len on technique, the other two on creativity, or something along those lines. Or give one combined score instead of 3 individual. I don't know, but they need to do something. I'll be plenty ticked if Maks isn't back next season, but maybe he's better off. Only the chosen ones get special treatment and win, and people like Bristol can advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Max64;4107305;
    WTH does the Tea Party have to do with this??? Are Brandy and Maks the better dancers, yes, most definitely... but obvioulsy AMERICA is Voting and voting for Bristol, I guess AMERICA must like her!
    Ok. I guess. But Bristol's recent clomping across the dance floor reminded me of Kate and her clomping, and the fact that she definitely lasted way past her prime. I didn't think Kate's votes were all good natured, "gee, we're really glad you're having this awesome journey, stick around for a while" kind of votes, either.

Quote Originally Posted by Max64;4107309;
    From the standing o she received on both of her dances last night I think America has some compassion for her. Like I said, she is not the better dancer over Brandy, but obvioulsy America is voting and voting to keep her in. I just don't understand why all the political crap has to come into play on this.. is anyone questioning Jennifers political views... no!
    It comes into play personally for me cuz way back when my 93 yr old mom got a political letter asking her to support Bristol (for Sarah's sake) and she has been loyally voting even though she never before watched a reality tv show in her life.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;4107299;
    The judges really need to take the degree of difficulty of the choreography into consideration. They generously give Bristol the same score as Brandy when she's dancing far simpler routines.

I hope the Maks fans who said they'd vote for Bristol will reconsider.
    I thought Brandy deserved 10s. She was marvelous on her dances.

However, I did think that Bristol did well especially on her Paso. She threw herself into that one. Although I didn't recognize the haunting music on the waltz, I got the idea that it was grieving. The reserved air about her helped her on that dance, but I also understood what the judges were saying about sometimes she seemed to slip a bit in and out of the (intensity) of the character.
    My opinion is that she was on the bottom of the leader board, but she deserved the scores that she got last night.

it's been a wild ride! Parkhillian's Avatar

When you have political groups mass voting because they are asked to by her Mother, I think it has a great deal to do with it.

FORT Fogey

That's hardly a valid comparison. Jennifer was not invited to be on the show solely because she's the daughter of a controversial conservative politician and party leader with a failed bid for vice president behind her and a possible run for president ahead. Politics definitely DOES come into play .... the Teabaggers were explaining to people on the Internet all the ways to vote for Bristol, and Bristol is only on the show BECAUSE of politics.

Quote Originally Posted by IrishGal;4107312;
    It comes into play personally for me cuz way back when my 93 yr old mom got a political letter asking her to support Bristol (for Sarah's sake) and she has been loyally voting even though she never before watched a reality tv show in her life.
    now that's just pathetic........
    I hate to brag but I tried on some earrings that I wore in highschool... and they still fit
    Proud member of the Rose Coloured Glasses Club

Quote Originally Posted by IrishGal;4107312;
    simply amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Max64;4107305;
    WTH does the Tea Party have to do with this??? Are Brandy and Maks the better dancers, yes, most definitely... but obvioulsy AMERICA is Voting and voting for Bristol, I guess AMERICA must like her!
    They are blogging and tweeting the numbers to vote for her so they don't even need to watch to vote. That's WTH they have to do with it.

+ Reply to Thread