+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213141516171819

Thread: 11/15 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 11/15 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by mkp;4106823;
    Very good observations! I happen to think Maks is the best choreographer actually. I find it interesting that some pros, like Derek, always get great partners, while most get a mix each season (some good, some bad) and a few others always get lame partners (think Corky or Ashley). I do, however, think the producers match up the pros with the celebs pretty well. It could be just the luck of the draw, depending on who the pros and celebs are in a given season, but who knows/
    I thought his choreo for that Tango last night was superb. The work on the steps was especially creative. I was blown away. I watched it three times. IMO, it's hands down the best dance of the season.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by LovesSnowCO;4106711;
    I truly enjoyed Bristol and Kyle's dancing.

It was a delight to see a young girl who is not a "star" dance in the public's eye with seasoned pros.

I view the show as Dancing WITH the Stars, not Dancing AS a Star.

Kyle and Bristol did great, IMO. Jennifer and Brandy danced like "movie stars" to put it in the words of a young girl watching with me.

I guess it depends on what you as a viewer desire from the show. I enjoy seeing non-pros advance (if they improve...) and the seasoned performers voted off because well, I can see them anytime at the movies, concert or tv, right?

Nicely said. I love the spin that the pros are the stars.

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie;4106916;
    Nicely said. I love the spin that the pros are the stars.
    Honestly, don't many of the pros have more name recognition than some of the "Stars?"

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by nanarama;4106918;
    Honestly, don't many of the pros have more name recognition than some of the "Stars?"
    Depending who they get partnered with, I'd say so. Especially those who have been on consistantly on since the beginning. And I'd also give them that the pros may be more accomplished than some of the stars who've been on here.

I loved Tom's version on the title last season: "Dancing with the Dancers" to reference the ringers.

Apparently, Maks and Brandy have tonight's encore dance with their Argentine Tango. Last season's semi-finals, Evan encored his Paso, and in season 9, Mya encored her samba. Since both of them end up as F2, here's hoping that it's a good omen. Maybe?

Who is John Galt?

Quite frankly my dears, I don't give a damn this season. For the very first time in years, I actually did not watch, DVR, or tape last night's show. The remaining stars leave me cold and unimpressed. I am tired of Jennifer's constant tears and emotional meltdowns, Brandy's love affair with herself, Kyle's "aren't a cute little boy" shtick, and Bristol (although okay) should have been gone long before now. After Mr. Gorgeous (Rick Fox) and Mr. Charming (Kurt Warner) got cut and without the sweet interaction between the excellent Audrina and Tony, I am uninterested in the remaining four. I am done with the season and hoping next season's batch of stars are more interesting and will hold my interest longer. I think I am just tired of seeing poor dancing. SYTYCD, on the other hand, is always wonderful and all of the participants CAN DANCE VERY WELL! It is a joy to watch.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;4106880;
    And I always get a laugh out of that line that you highlight. But what you said about Derek is why I can't get into the 'genius' of his choreography like everyone else. Yeah, he's fantastic, and he's produced some of my favorite routines. But so would any of the pros on here if they got professionals like Nicole and naturals like Jennifer. If anything, I think Louis trumps all of them when it comes to choreography, and he's definitely had some duds to work with that he really turned around (give or take a couple that were hopeless causes with anyone). Derek didn't turn Jennifer into a natural, just like Maks didn't turn Mel B into the dancer he needed to just fine tune into a lady, or Mark turn Kristi into a ringer. They all come in like that. Derek just got lucky, again, and it doesn't help that he's extremely popular that even a Cloris case would probably have fans voting in the masses for him, and that the judges seem to already have their minds made up before they dance. To me, if Derek wasn't back next season, I would probably enjoy it much more than I have in a long time. It disappointed me that Len of all people made the comment about hoping Nicole would win next season while Evan was backstage waiting to dance. I wonder if we'll get any remarks next week It's the same story every season. He had a few weeks off from the top spot, but has typically been second, or at best shared it with Brandy. And it doesn't help the tacky way he and Mark celebrate every time one of them wins. It's not the Superbowl, it's a mirrorball trophy that he practically gets handed that he already has 2 of.
    Is it possible a major upset happens tonight and Jennifer & Derek don't make it to the finals? They have described this as a season of upsets; I would be happy with this result. Personally, I just want to see Kyle make the finals so I can see his freestyle. He is fun to watch and I always smile watching him. I don't see Derek & Jennifer winning if they make it through unless the judges are unfair in their scoring. She had the two easiest dances last night; the 60 was not unexpected. I think fans might get sick of seeing Derek hoist the trophy; I would love to see Maks take it to stick it to the annoying CA or Lacey to win for the first time.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexxxx;4106755;
    Yes, yes, and yes!

When the cast list first came out, I assumed Brandy would be the ringer because of her musical background. But then the pro assignments came out and Jennifer was paired with Derek, and I knew she would be the winner, with some dance background and Derek as her partner. Brandy can dance, but lacks the personality to draw me in as a fan. Jennifer did a dance movie 20 years ago, but Patrick Swayze was the star of that show. Jennifer was just background. Bristol is a nice young woman with mediocre dance skills that has overstayed her welcome, to the point of absurdity.

Kyle is the one that embodies the essence of this show, for me. I had no clue who he was going in. He wasn't very good at the beginning, but showed promise. He took this challenge seriously, worked his tail off, became a very good dancer, and he's wildly entertaining. I think it would be a mistake for Kyle to not make the finals. Here's hoping ...
    Ditto on all counts to you and to MHcarrollton, whom you were quoting. I voted for Kyle for precisely these reasons after Tony and Audrina were gone.

... And I really hope Bristol leaves tonight, not only because she should've left weeks ago and has been overscored, but also because 1) I am so sick of reading the negativity, and 2) it would be great to see an unknown like Kyle, who is fun to watch, actually win since I was rooting for Evan and Erin last season!

+ Reply to Thread