+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: 11/15 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

FORT Fogey

Re: 11/15 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by IrishGal;4106511;
    WHy are the Palins (not Bristol) getting so much coverage? Are they paying for it? Or is ABC giving them lots of free TV time?
    I keep wondering the same thing myself. I think Sarah Palin is getting entirely too much face time on that show. She might be Bristol's mom but she is also a political figure and is likely to want the Republican nomination for president in the next election. Electioneering belongs somewhere else, even if it is disguised. Just one person's opinion.

FORT Fogey

Clearly Jennifer and Brandy are the only contenders to win. However, this season is the most suspenseful to date. Logic tells us Kyle or Bristol should go next but who knows. I am kind of hoping that Bristol wins and this because I have a passion for train wrecks. Not saying Bristol is the wreck, not at all. She seems a sweet girl and doing her best. The shows reputation, as a serious dance competition, is at stake. I think the aftermath would be delicious and the judges will be under fire for inconsistant scoring. <evil grin>

Quote Originally Posted by Columbia, MD;4106570;
    I keep wondering the same thing myself. I think Sarah Palin is getting entirely too much face time on that show. She might be Bristol's mom but she is also a political figure and is likely to want the Republican nomination for president in the next election. Electioneering belongs somewhere else, even if it is disguised. Just one person's opinion.
    ABC knows Sarah Palin is a polarizing figure. They will keep Bristol and her family in the spotlight as long as they can to generate ratings. Look at the "discussions" that have resulted here from it. How many of them are related specifically to Bristol's dancing - only her dancing?
    Stay tuned for "Dancing with the Dancers"!

FORT Fogey

I think Kyle dances circles around all of them. I think he brings a passion and an exuberance that the show needs more of. Jennifer places her body just fine, but she is so whiny and obnoxious and full of down that I just do not enjoy her. Brandy is meh to me. She dances ok, but nothing that makes me tune in.

For me Kyle is the best. He is the Emmitt, the Drew, the Helio. People like Jennifer winning are no shock. Who would have thought Derek would get a good dancer? Who would have thought a star from a dancing movie would be good? I like the ones that come out of nowhere and make me smile.

Quote Originally Posted by MHcarrollton;4106585;
    I like the ones that come out of nowhere and make me smile.
    Me too! I'm pulling for Kyle!
    Stay tuned for "Dancing with the Dancers"!

Quote Originally Posted by dougrayfan;4106478;
    Quoting myself, how sad it that. I think I was channeling Chic-Fil-A there!

For those of you unfamiliar, Chic-Fil-A (or is it Chick?) is a fast food chicken place. When you place your order, the cashier says "my pleasure". OK, that's kinda lame, but it's 11:10 and I'm watching the news and then I'm gone.
    Now....I'm wanting some Chic-Fil-A...yum!! I guess I could call my sister since she is GM over one of them....yum!!!
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

norealityhere: And, please, ABC, no more Palin footage - if I have to hear one more "Doggone" or "homespun Palin" footage of the family, I will

That will make two of us.

Quote Originally Posted by MHcarrollton;4106585;
    I think Kyle dances circles around all of them. I think he brings a passion and an exuberance that the show needs more of. Jennifer places her body just fine, but she is so whiny and obnoxious and full of down that I just do not enjoy her. Brandy is meh to me. She dances ok, but nothing that makes me tune in.

For me Kyle is the best. He is the Emmitt, the Drew, the Helio. People like Jennifer winning are no shock. Who would have thought Derek would get a good dancer? Who would have thought a star from a dancing movie would be good? I like the ones that come out of nowhere and make me smile.
    Exactly, I just love Kyle. He is the surprise of the season. When he dances I can't help but be engaged and smile.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Quote Originally Posted by Parkhillian;4106497;
    I registered with the family email account and voted for Brandy & Maks and the same exact thing happened. First vote drops the tally to 3, second vote lowers it to 1. So I get to vote for them THREE instead of FIVE times. Something is definitely screwy.

I'm contacting ABC about this, it's not looking on the up and up to me.
    For the past two weeks, I've had issues voting online. The great conspiracy theorist in me (moi? never!) sees it as just another way for the votes to be negotiated in certain people's favor

Voting online stinks.

Ok, Jennifers second dance was beautiful but her first dance...???? I thought it looked sloppy and a little out of control. Didn't care for Brandy's either. But her Tango was the best dance of the night. Wow.

Kyle was absolutely terrific in both dances! Boy can really shake it!

While I don't think Bristol is as good as the other three, I thought she was relaly good last night. Her solo really surprised me.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

+ Reply to Thread