+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: 11/15 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 11/15 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

WC here, just joining the party.

Really enjoyed Maks and Brandy's dance.
    And, really enjoyed Jennifer & Derek.
    I think all the pros are great, but I have to say, Derek is just in a class all by himself. He just mesmerizes me when he's on the dance floor.
    Brooke's dress tonight is absolutely gorgeous, by the way....

I've been reading the comments tonight and can't wait to see Bristol's improvement.
    Ok, I'm not lliking the rehearsal package at all. What have they done - taken a page from the Sarah Palin playbook - "I'm not fake like Hollywood"...please give us all a break, already.
    I do think Mark has been very smart to keep her in the long dresses. You really don't get to observe her footwork very much that way.
    The dance was better than the others she's done, but definitely not on a par with what I would expect for the finals.
    3 "9"s for that. Give me a break. It's not on the same level with Brandy and Maks.

Kyle and Lacey. Is this guy fun or what?
    He's actually made me not mind Lacey this season!!
    I totally give him kudos for that.
    Last edited by norealityhere; 11-15-2010 at 11:39 PM.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

If Bristol wasn't getting over inflated scores/critiques from week 1, and if she were being held to the same regard every other clunker from Kate to Ty (who to me did much better in the dance, improvement, and attitude department), I wouldn't have such an issue. But the show went to great lengths to prove boo-gate wasn't directed at Sarah Palin. They're the ones who give the story line of Bristol being an underdog and improving greatly. I think she's catching a break from the judges for a number of different reasons. I can't say why people are voting for her; I think it's a combo of people voting because they like her, and also because of her mom. To me, she isn't the whole 'fairy tale' of other contestants who came on with no experience and no confidence and turned into a somewhat confident, semi-decent dancer. That's jmo. I can't say I always agree with who makes the finals in the first place, but it's a mockery she's made it this far, and an even bigger mockery if she makes it tomorrow. I don't like the ringers and pro dancers posing as contestants, but I don't like people that horrible making it either.

It's already a given for me who's winning, so I guess tomorrow will be somewhat exciting, though I think it's between Brandy and Kyle. Whoever makes the final, then it'll be more exciting who finished 3rd and 2nd. Unlike the last 2 seasons, at least that's not already a given.

Quote Originally Posted by trisha22;4106456;
    I have thought that maybe Bristol got some votes because of her mom...but tonight especially when she did her first dance that crowd who could see her dancing up front and personal just about went nuts over how well she did.

I am sure in an audience in Hollywood with most of those people not into her mom's politics that for them to be so excited for her says a lot about her improvements and how people are rooting for her...not only there but the ones watching at home.

I really don't think it has that much to do with her mom, but the fact that she has won the hearts of many people with how she went out of comfort zone (completely) and survived......people like success stories....
    I agree with you. I've said all along the people voting for her were not the political set, but mostly young girls who are amazed by her shy personality and the fact that she has come out of her shell. I listened to their comments after we watched together one night early on. They were voting for Mike, Audrina, and Bristol.

Bristol is not the only one who has people voting for her without watching the dancing. Seems like Brandy does too.

I'm not going to say anything negative about her personally, especially about her physical appearance. She has gotten a lot of criticism because of who she is. I don't think she is the best dancer. Everyone knows that. But I do believe firmly she has improved and she did a good job tonight.

I want Kyle to win.
    Stay tuned for "Dancing with the Dancers"!

Quote Originally Posted by dougrayfan;4106454;
    I got in 174 votes for Maks/Brandy before they stopped my voting.
    I got in some votes for Brandy and Kyle. I like their attitudes and how real they are--not entitled and they work hard!
    And while Bristol did improve tonight and I do find her quite genuine I just couldnt throw any votes her way.
    I think Jennifer Grey is pretty fake (or at least she comes across that way). I wonder how Derek gets an amazing partner almost EVERY season. Couple that with the fact that he is one of the best overall choreographers (I'd say him and Cheryl) and it makes all this judging and scoring stuff kinda pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden;4106423;
    That final shot of the show was kind of interesting. Lacy, Kyle, Maks, and Brandy goofing around together and Mark/Bristol and Derek/Jennifer not really associating with each other or anybody else. Wonder what was going on there?
    I loved watching Maks mess with Kyle--they should do a dance together (a la SYTYCD)--now that would be entertaining!

But to answer: Probably because Jennifer and Derek are so caught up in their perfect world of 'me me me' that they didn't notice the other contestants were having some fun and just being silly. I hate how he is always holding her and they just sway there..and hes always talking about how hot she is--its just awkward and skeezy.

it's been a wild ride! Parkhillian's Avatar

Well that's interesting! I just went online to vote my 5 votes for Brandy/Maks and I logged in, saw 5 in the voting bubble, clicked on their picture to begin voting and the number count went to 3. WTH? I thought I must have doubled clicked somehow and it tallied it. So I cautiously clicked once on my next vote and the tally went to 1. Anyone else have this happening?

FORT Newbie

Is any one else having trouble voting online?

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by mindy384;4106487;
    I got in some votes for Brandy and Kyle. I like their attitudes and how real they are--not entitled and they work hard!
    And while Bristol did improve tonight and I do find her quite genuine I just couldnt throw any votes her way.
    I think Jennifer Grey is pretty fake (or at least she comes across that way). I wonder how Derek gets an amazing partner almost EVERY season. Couple that with the fact that he is one of the best overall choreographers (I'd say him and Cheryl) and it makes all this judging and scoring stuff kinda pointless.
    It's why I think they deserve a challenge. At least Cheryl had Wayne Newton and Tom Delay, but 2 seasons out of 10 that she's been on? And Derek has yet to get anyone that forces him to tone down his choreography (or perhaps pull a Corky and throw in all gimmicks). Either way, at least online, those 2 have huge fanbases. So I think even with their worst partners, they'd still get through a few rounds. Once Derek gets someone that's proven to be a clunker and turns them around, then I'll concede he's a fantastic teacher. Until then, the show apparently wants to make sure he lasts so they give him ringers and people who they label as "beloved movie icons".

The judging is pointless, especially at these late stages. I'll give Bristol a pass, because it's every season, but they usually throw out the high scores just because and pretend to love everyone. I'm skipping everyone but Brandy and Kyle tonight. Don't need to see the Jennifer love fest, and don't care to see Bristol get overmarked yet again.

ETA: And it seems like voting always gets screwy at this point, too! I remember voting for Erin/Maks during the finale last year. One phone line said I had used up all my votes, when I hadn't even gotten one in. The other phone line I managed to get 2 in. Online was a nightmare.

Quote Originally Posted by Parkhillian;4106490;
    Well that's interesting! I just went online to vote my 5 votes for Brandy/Maks and I logged in, saw 5 in the voting bubble, clicked on their picture to begin voting and the number count went to 3. WTH? I thought I must have doubled clicked somehow and it tallied it. So I cautiously clicked once on my next vote and the tally went to 1. Anyone else have this happening?
    I didn't have that happen, but one of my votes allowed for 6 instead of 5. I know it will be corrected back to 5. You might try logging out and then logging back in. About 30 minutes before the show ended I had a LOT of problems staying logged in. I think next season I'm going to let my friends/family do their own voting.

Who am I kidding? Nope, I enjoy that they allow me to register them and then vote. Makes me feel so powerful (said with the evil laugh track behind me).
    "Grammar is the bus that carries the words, without it they have to walk, and get very confused on the way." Unknown

"My best friend is a person who will give me a book I have not read." Abraham Lincoln

it's been a wild ride! Parkhillian's Avatar

I registered with the family email account and voted for Brandy & Maks and the same exact thing happened. First vote drops the tally to 3, second vote lowers it to 1. So I get to vote for them THREE instead of FIVE times. Something is definitely screwy.

I'm contacting ABC about this, it's not looking on the up and up to me.

+ Reply to Thread