+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: 11/15 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

FORT Fanatic

Re: 11/15 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by veg_out;4106450;
    "Thank you" to you and ChelsieFan! Rockstars!

kara, I agree with you. No doubt that Jen is in the finals. They ushered her into that finale with the 60. I don't know DWTS history very well unless Maks is involved (shocking!), and in season 5, MelB went into the finale with a 60 if I remember, and she was beat by Helio.

The producers are giving us one obvious prediction for the finale; the other two spots are technically up for grabs among Kyle, B, and Bristol. Did they score Bristol low enough to keep her from the finale? Well, we'll all know at the same time. Someone mentioned it upthread, and I agree-- Bristol should most definitely be proud of herself. She took a risk in spite of the non-stop criticism, and she has performed well for herself. All that being said, I do think it's her time to go. Sadly, some of her success is largely attributed to her mother's politics.

But it's up to the producers and the story that they're trying to tell. Bristol still has a very compelling story even moreso than the 50-year-old dancing-through-the-pain.

All we can do is vote for our favorites, and may the best pair win
    I have thought that maybe Bristol got some votes because of her mom...but tonight especially when she did her first dance that crowd who could see her dancing up front and personal just about went nuts over how well she did.

I am sure in an audience in Hollywood with most of those people not into her mom's politics that for them to be so excited for her says a lot about her improvements and how people are rooting for her...not only there but the ones watching at home.

I really don't think it has that much to do with her mom, but the fact that she has won the hearts of many people with how she went out of comfort zone (completely) and survived......people like success stories....

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by trisha22;4106456;
    I have thought that maybe Bristol got some votes because of her mom...but tonight especially when she did her first dance that crowd who could see her dancing up front and personal just about went nuts over how well she did.

I am sure in an audience in Hollywood with most of those people not into her mom's politics that for them to be so excited for her says a lot about her improvements and how people are rooting for her...not only there but the ones watching at home.

I really don't think it has that much to do with her mom, but the fact that she has won the hearts of many people with how she went out of comfort zone (completely) and survived......people like success stories....
    But she didn't do well - compared to the others. She did well - FOR HER. Not the same thing.

And....I'm sure the wild audience response was due to the "Applause" sign and the Audience Coordinators that are a standard in the industry whenever there is a live audience. Makes for good TV.

Quote Originally Posted by trisha22;4106456;
    You might be entirely correct! Tomorrow on GMA, Erin Andrews is doing a segment at 7:30am on the Bristol-effect. Last season, for me, Erin's story was more compelling than Nicole's and even Evan's.

It's a good story. For me, it's not the best dancing overall, but it's a good story. And, if indeed Bristol's place in the competition has more to do with her story and less to do with her mom's politics, then that's amazing.

At least, these next two weeks will be interesting, yes?

P.S. dougray, thank you!!!!!

I can't watch the show yet...and maybe Bristol's dancing tonight is breathtaking with splits and leaps...all things a healthy girl her age should be perfectly capable of after an 8 week crash course. But somehow I doubt it. I have seen nothing compelling about her or her story this entire season other than she has the benefit of a huge built in fan group due to her mom, which has allowed a mediocre at best and pathetic at worst dancer into the finals. I sure hope not. What a farce.

Yes Bristol standing firm against the wind of all the things said against her and her family with a smile on her face makes me proud to support her. The waltz with the music from The Passion of The Christ was so beautiful. Since I am on the west coast I finally get to go watch it live instead of just reading about it here and watching utube clips.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by sunshine2;4106467;
    Yes Bristol standing firm against the wind of all the things said against her and her family with a smile on her face makes me proud to support her. The waltz with the music from The Passion of The Christ was so beautiful. Since I am on the west coast I finally get to go watch it live instead of just reading about it here and watching utube clips.
    You might be disappointed. See that's just the problem, she doesn't have a smile on her face.

She is expressionless until prompted.

Quote Originally Posted by veg_out;4106460;
    P.S. dougray, thank you!!!!!
    My pleasure. It really is my pleasure, I don't want Maks to leave!!
    "Grammar is the bus that carries the words, without it they have to walk, and get very confused on the way." Unknown

"My best friend is a person who will give me a book I have not read." Abraham Lincoln

Just a reminder, folks, please do not post Dial Idol data in this thread.

Anyone wanting to know the breakdown can visit the site themselves.
    The DI thread will be opened later this evening for discussion of their data.

Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by dougrayfan;4106475;
    My pleasure.
    Quoting myself, how sad it that. I think I was channeling Chic-Fil-A there!

For those of you unfamiliar, Chic-Fil-A (or is it Chick?) is a fast food chicken place. When you place your order, the cashier says "my pleasure". OK, that's kinda lame, but it's 11:10 and I'm watching the news and then I'm gone.
    "Grammar is the bus that carries the words, without it they have to walk, and get very confused on the way." Unknown

"My best friend is a person who will give me a book I have not read." Abraham Lincoln

My apologies ...... about posting that info.
    WHEW - Hang IN & Hang ON

+ Reply to Thread