+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314151617

Thread: 11/9 Results Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 11/9 Results Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by MHcarrollton;4102844;
    My question is so if a star is on the show, improves every week, but just is not that musically gifted they do not deserve to win? I think Bristol is doing a good job with what talent she has. She is tryihg, she does do some good dances, and she really is growing. She cannot help that she is not musical and rhymically gifted as dancers and singers. That is why Brandy is in the music business. We have to sometimes realize that if the show is going to cast varying levels that we have to judge the stars based on their progress not compare them to the levels of the others. Her starting point was way less than Brandy's.

This is coming from someone who hates polarizing figures instead of stars being cast, and a Democrat. I really and truly believe that she is deserving of at least her spot. I agree Audrina was shafted no doubt about it, but Bristol is not Kate or Master P she is improving and trying hard.
    From my perspective, and based on the way I believe the show should work, the answer to your question is no, but as there are no rules regarding what one must base their votes on here, there is no clear definition of what constitutes "deserving" in this competition, unlike how the parameters operate in most events that call themselves "competitions", where the best is expected and "deserves" to win. However, in a society that more and more seems to be rewarding mediocrity over excellence, I am not surprised that many people feel Bristol is deserving, just because she has shown some improvement, and shows up for practice.

Quote Originally Posted by SsnWard;4102582;
    I would love to see Brandy win and if not Brandy, then Kyle. Immediately following Kurt's elimination, I thought I noticed Brandy's lip quivering a bit and I wasn't surprised, because she had been trying to keep the lid on Maks all evening and that would cause anyone to be a basket case by the end of the show. Winning means so much to her at this point, I sure won't be a happy camper if Jennifer prevails.
    I noticed her lip quivering, as well. I interpreted that to be her bundle of nerves at being in jeopardy and then the relief of making it through, mixed with holding back tears of sadness to say goodbye to Kurt & Anna and tears of joy to dance another week.

I can't remember the exact wording, but Tom's voiceover at the beginning of the show asked whether lowest-scoring Bristol would remain, sending another better dancer home or will there be another shocking elimination where someone from the top of the leader board is sent home while Bristol's votes keep her here another week.

It was something that let on that it was clearly Bristol's votes keeping her there (duh) while better / more deserving dancers kept going home.

Now that Kurt and Anna are no longer in the competition, to whom will Kurt's fan votes most likely go? Without knowing just how many more votes Bristol is getting than the other remaining stars, I would like to hold out hope that the semi-finals may finally widen the gap between Bristol's dance scores and the popular vote and it is enough to say buh-bye to her.

I wonder, too, if there are leftover Shawn Johnson fans who are voting to keep Mark in the competition.

Barring any major missteps, all of my votes will be going to Maks & Brandy on Monday. I split some with Kurt this past week as I found his insta-dance entertaining.

I haven't watched the show this year other than some review clips. But if I was watching & voting, I'd be voting for Derek Hough and Jennifer Grey.

For Derek just because he seems so nice and supportive (for a guy) and because he is a GREAT dancer.

For Jennifer because I have ALWAYS been a "Dirty Dancing" fan, and because she really IS good for an average person, and because she looks GREAT and should never have had to put up with all the ridicule she faced for having a nose job that made her BEAUTIFUL.

Quote Originally Posted by moflan;4103230;
    Now that Kurt and Anna are no longer in the competition, to whom will Kurt's fan votes most likely go? Without knowing just how many more votes Bristol is getting than the other remaining stars, I would like to hold out hope that the semi-finals may finally widen the gap between Bristol's dance scores and the popular vote and it is enough to say buh-bye to her.

I wonder, too, if there are leftover Shawn Johnson fans who are voting to keep Mark in the competition.

Barring any major missteps, all of my votes will be going to Maks & Brandy on Monday. I split some with Kurt this past week as I found his insta-dance entertaining.
    Since Kurt and Anna are gone, I voted for and will vote for Jennifer & Derek from now on.

This is the first week I've cast any votes this season and they all went to Jennifer and Derek. For me, they clearly deserve the trophy. Simply the best!

+ Reply to Thread