+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617 LastLast
Results 151 to 160 of 167

Thread: 11/9 Results Show Discussion **Spoilers**

  1. #151
    FORT Regular
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    109

    Re: 11/9 Results Show Discussion **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by Tilden;4102548;
    My memory is that she did not name Lacey. She named Mark and Derek first, then said Maks, and then added Anna. I hadn't thought it was about who was left on the show so much as that she added Anna because Anna was right there in front of her, and it would have been rude not to mention her.

    Of course, I may also be mis-remembering. I definitely recall thinking it was dumb of her to mention Mark and Derek first, precisely because they are the ones most often linked to favoritism on the judges' part.
    I re-watched Carrie Ann's comments again, and justCoz and Tilden are right that Carrie Ann didn't miss Anna's name. She named Mark, Derek, Maks, Anna, Lacey, and Cheryl. So she named the current pros (starting with her two faves), and threw in Cheryl. I think it was foolish of her to list names at all and to start the list with Mark and Derek.

    I wish Carrie Ann would be a better judge and do less ogling. She should just leave the ogling to the fans of the show.

  2. #152
    FORT Fogey jucamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    4,669

    Re: 11/9 Results Show Discussion **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by karalott;4102424;
    Bristol winning would be a fitting end to this season, and would serve the show right, imo. Of course I'm living with the theory that it'll do more harm than good, but I'm not sure it is. Anyway, the first part of that statement holds true, at least for me. Even though I really don't want to see the trophy back in the Hough/Ballas circle.


    If Brandy and Maks get voted out before the finals that's who I'll be voting for!

  3. #153
    FORT Fogey ChelsieFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,996

    Re: 11/9 Results Show Discussion **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by jucamer;4102723;
    If Brandy and Maks get voted out before the finals that's who I'll be voting for!
    Might as well make the show a total mockery if Bristol makes the finale. She wins and the show becomes a total joke. lol I think we might see her going this week or show will be sure she doesn't get the trophy regardless of votes. They won't mind riding her to finale but I can't see them having her win. They know better. If a good dancer wins the show retains some validity in the end.

  4. #154
    signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    3,557

    Re: 11/9 Results Show Discussion **Spoilers**

    You guys are convincing me to vote for Bristol if she is in the finals. Her winning might teach the producers a lesson because the show would lose whatever credibility it has. Could you imagine how funny it would be to see them lifting Mark up on Derek's shoulder and then trying to hoist Bristol up?

  5. #155
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    2,258

    Re: 11/9 Results Show Discussion **Spoilers**

    My question is so if a star is on the show, improves every week, but just is not that musically gifted they do not deserve to win? I think Bristol is doing a good job with what talent she has. She is tryihg, she does do some good dances, and she really is growing. She cannot help that she is not musical and rhymically gifted as dancers and singers. That is why Brandy is in the music business. We have to sometimes realize that if the show is going to cast varying levels that we have to judge the stars based on their progress not compare them to the levels of the others. Her starting point was way less than Brandy's.

    This is coming from someone who hates polarizing figures instead of stars being cast, and a Democrat. I really and truly believe that she is deserving of at least her spot. I agree Audrina was shafted no doubt about it, but Bristol is not Kate or Master P she is improving and trying hard.

  6. #156
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    2,258

    Re: 11/9 Results Show Discussion **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by maude~flanders;4102812;
    You guys are convincing me to vote for Bristol if she is in the finals. Her winning might teach the producers a lesson because the show would lose whatever credibility it has. Could you imagine how funny it would be to see them lifting Mark up on Derek's shoulder and then trying to hoist Bristol up?

    I think Bristol is a beautiful girl, and I would rather a girl be of normal size than to have what Demi Lavato and many other stars have which is an eating disorder. I would love my daughter to have Bristol's figure. She looks healthy to me.

  7. #157
    To the Point
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    2,589

    Re: 11/9 Results Show Discussion **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by MHcarrollton;4102847;
    I think Bristol is a beautiful girl, and I would rather a girl be of normal size than to have what Demi Lavato and many other stars have which is an eating disorder. I would love my daughter to have Bristol's figure. She looks healthy to me.
    Thank you for saying this!

    I have to admit that what I've seen, and admittedly that hasn't been a single complete show, has put me in the position of truly having to examine the way images impact my perception. I have been one of those who looks at Bristol and thinks "Wow, she's not small." but then, what am I looking at as a comparison. NOT healthy on my part. I suspect she is truly a normal, healthy young lady. She's certainly not big, she just doesn't fit the mold to which our minds have been formed to see as attractive. I also think she is incredibly uncomfortable with her body. I could be wrong, but there have been moments, when I watched, that made me think this.

    However, though I've found her surprisingly, awkwardly endearing in some way, it is past time for her to go.

  8. #158
    Resident "tyrant" JavaJo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Bedlam
    Posts
    6,180

    Re: 11/9 Results Show Discussion **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by MHcarrollton;4102844;

    This is coming from someone who hates polarizing figures instead of stars being cast, and a Democrat. I really and truly believe that she is deserving of at least her spot. I agree Audrina was shafted no doubt about it, but Bristol is not Kate or Master P she is improving and trying hard.
    While I agree that it's her time to go, I also agree with your points. To add another one....This child has been humiliated in front of the entire world, by her mother, no less. As a former teen mother myself, I can promise you that just being that young and pregnant in a small town can be hell, I can't imagine doing it in front of the entire nation and then some. Combine that with all the TOO skinny girls on the show that she's compared to, I have to give mad props to the girl for getting out on the floor each week. It can't be easy when you know what a lot of people think of you and your family. And seriously, she's not fat. She looks like the average girl in any high school. Not too thin, not too fat, just average. You can tell she's very self-conscious and she shouldn't be. She's perfectly normal, just not normal by Hollywood standards.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

  9. #159
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    13,531

    Re: 11/9 Results Show Discussion **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo;4102929;
    While I agree that it's her time to go, I also agree with your points. To add another one....This child has been humiliated in front of the entire world, by her mother, no less. As a former teen mother myself, I can promise you that just being that young and pregnant in a small town can be hell, I can't imagine doing it in front of the entire nation and then some. Combine that with all the TOO skinny girls on the show that she's compared to, I have to give mad props to the girl for getting out on the floor each week. It can't be easy when you know what a lot of people think of you and your family. And seriously, she's not fat. She looks like the average girl in any high school. Not too thin, not too fat, just average. You can tell she's very self-conscious and she shouldn't be. She's perfectly normal, just not normal by Hollywood standards.
    I agree and I am a Democrat.

  10. #160
    Resident "tyrant" JavaJo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Bedlam
    Posts
    6,180

    Re: 11/9 Results Show Discussion **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by shoepie;4103193;
    I agree and I am a Democrat.
    So am I.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.