+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: 11/8 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

FORT Fogey

Re: 11/8 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

They are trying way too hard to make Jennifer look sympathetic. I actually did feel bad for her the first week, when they blindsided her with a song that reminded her of Patrick Swayze, but this week's package was just too much. I really do like her dad, but honestly, if I saw Joel Grey, I'd thank him for the many times I've enjoyed his work. It wouldn't occur to me to mention Jennifer's stint on DWTS (and I'd feel the same way if, for instance, I had met the late Tony Curtis--I like Jamie Leigh Curtis, but I wouldn't have talked about her career with him either). Between the weekly pain report, Daddy Joel dropping by with his support, Jennifer saying her daughter keeps her going, and the added injury-wracked footage....even if it's all true, it's annoying, because it's so obvious an attempt to make her seem sympathetic.

Doesn't help that they got probably the best quickstep music anyone's gotten this season either--and if anybody but Derek had dashed around doing a complex solo while his partner did very little (the last time, Jennifer was essentially just standing there cheering him on), he would have been slammed by the judges.

Oh, and I hate that Carrie Ann specifically mentioned that her expectations had been lowered by the package. When that happens, I suspect it's that much easier to impress the judges.

Did Bruno really just say "of course, there are people who are better than you!" to Kurt?!

FORT Regular

Did Bruno get hitched? I don't remember the huge sparkly rock on his wedding ring finger before.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by veg_out;4100814;
    Did Bruno really just say "of course, there are people who are better than you!" to Kurt?!
    Yes! And CA said basically the same thing. Totally setting Kurt up to fall out this week. Boo.
    This isn’t the Sound of freaking Music we’re watching.......sdl

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Kurt looked like he's stepped right out of the ball scene in Gone With The Wind. He did a fine job! The guy's just lucious!! The band handled that song very, very well!!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Kurt doesn't know what Hella Good is. He's so cute in a totally square way.

He's really trying to work on the feedback the judges give him, too. His hands were much better on that dance, I noticed.
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

I thought they were better than a 24. I guess they want him out this week. Now I need to vote more for him.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I think Kurt got a raw deal with his cha cha song. Wasn't 'Take It to the Limit' the song Lacey/Kyle originally had for their waltz when they claimed they didn't know who The Eagles were.

I'm loving Anna so much this season. I'm glad she's getting partners she's having fun with. She looked gorgeous tonight.

FORT Fogey

Shouldn't they have made an effort to make sure that the pros had all at least heard the song they ended up choosing? Obviously they had either one song already picked out for each couple or a limited number for them to choose from, because their names are on the CDs.

For that matter, couldn't they have had them all choose the same dance to the same song? At least then, there would be direct comparisons to be drawn.

Yeah Team Kurtanna! They both looked beautiful tonight! Gotta love a man who is willing to wear a Tiara!

+ Reply to Thread