+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 121314151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: 11/8 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Re: 11/8 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Just a reminder.... Please keep discussion of Dial Idol and similar sites out of the show discussion threads. This thread is for discussing the events of the performance episode and some people don't want to be spoiled about the results.

We have a specific thread for DI discussion here: http://www.fansofrealitytv.com/forum...-spoilers.html

Thanks!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Rabid Dingo;4101430;
    It's clearly obvious who the chosen ones are, and that heppens to be Brandy & Maks. I don't care who wins DWTS this season, as long as it is not Brandy.
    Have to disagree with this. CA said it herself that Jennifer is the chosen one.
    Friends are those rare people who ask how you are and then wait for the answer. ~Author Unknown

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by live4romance;4101469;
    Have to disagree with this. CA said it herself that Jennifer is the chosen one.
    Someone said to CA on twitter (when she wished everyone luck) that she meant Jen and Kyle, because it's been obvious they've been her favorites since day 1. I think their may be some changes coming next season. This season hasn't had any watercooler worthy moments besides Bristol, so this is probably making them happy. I realize that there's not a ton of TV competition, but even though DWTS won the night again, I still don't see the big improvement. Season 3 had an average of 27 million for the finale, and last season had higher ratings in the first few weeks.

I loved Tom's quote last night 'next week, no dances, no costumes, no songs' (paraphrasing here).

I'm so not happy with the direction this season is going so I'll keep my comments short and sweet.

I thought Kyle was terrific last night. He danced his little heart out and he looked like he was having a blast. Lacey may not be the most likable of the pro's but I think she tries to make it fun for her partner, hence the goofing off and joking around. Whatever it is, it works because Kyle has blossomed and Lance did too during his season.

Anna. She looked stunning last night and she was really hamming it up! I loved seeing that side of her. I feel bad for Kurt. He isn't the best dancer but he tries so hard. And I think he brings a lot of personality to the floor. Especially in the Bewitched dance a few weeks back. They just won't cut him any slack. On the plus side, I think Anna really likes and respects him and it shows. She seems to be having so much fun this season in comparison with past seasons.

Bristol....I can't help it, I like the girl. Can't stand her mother but I like Bristol. In the studio, she jokes around and you can see small glimpses of her personality. Unfortunately, she doesn't bring that to the dance floor. I did think her tango was executed fairly well. If she would just put a little bit of energy into her dances, I don't think she'd be half bad. Well, that and if she could remember all the steps..lol. Poor girl. But I agree that she should have been gone a couple of weeks ago.

Brandy and Maks. I can't blame Maks for finally letting CA have it. I probably would have slapped her years ago. That said, Brandy is a terrific dancer. I don't remember them saying that they couldn't do the cutesy stuff at the beginning of the dance. It's permitted in other dances, so why would it suddenly be an issue with this one? Len is the stickler for calling people out on that and if it were that big of an issue he would not have given them a 10. I hope they win it all.

Jennifer. Ugh. I'm soooo over the whining. If you hurt THAT bad, quit! It's a show for entertainment, and it's not worth causing permanent damage to your body. Period. If it's an act...knock it the hell off! It's annoying and OLD. I'm sure it's grueling and sometimes painful for healthiest of people, but to dwell on it, make a huge deal of it and then go out and perform like you are perfectly fine is ridiculous. I wouldn't be a bit upset if she was given the boot tonight. Won't happen, but a girl can dream, right? And Derek. I feel bad for him. He's handling it with grace but you know he goes home every night and bangs his head against the wall...lol.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

I think the reason the cd's had their names on them is because each couple had a mirrorball bowl to choose from which had several songs that would match their dance. So, they were not drawing from the same bowl, but from seperate ones which had several options specifically for them. It seems like Tom mentioned something about that too.

Quote Originally Posted by maude~flanders;4101537;
    I think the reason the cd's had their names on them is because each couple had a mirrorball bowl to choose from which had several songs that would match their dance. So, they were not drawing from the same bowl, but from seperate ones which had several options specifically for them. It seems like Tom mentioned something about that too.
    Yes, I agree with you. My question is, do you really think there were several different song options in each celeb's bowl, which would necessitate the band and singers learning 10-15 or more songs that they wouldn't actually perform, or was every dvd in the bowl the same song?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;4101487;
    Someone said to CA on twitter (when she wished everyone luck) that she meant Jen and Kyle, because it's been obvious they've been her favorites since day 1. I think their may be some changes coming next season. This season hasn't had any watercooler worthy moments besides Bristol, so this is probably making them happy. I realize that there's not a ton of TV competition, but even though DWTS won the night again, I still don't see the big improvement. Season 3 had an average of 27 million for the finale, and last season had higher ratings in the first few weeks.

I loved Tom's quote last night 'next week, no dances, no costumes, no songs' (paraphrasing here).
    Imo, that is one of his funniest lines ever. I also have a hunch he suspected the producers were disappointed that there were no flops out of their little experiment.

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ironcat;4101545;
    Yes, I agree with you. My question is, do you really think there were several different song options in each celeb's bowl, which would necessitate the band and singers learning 10-15 or more songs that they wouldn't actually perform, or was every dvd in the bowl the same song?
    Well, you know that band is so amazing that they easily could have memorized 20 or more songs for each couple, depending on what they picked! Not!

It looked like each bowl had quite a few cd's in it. I bet there were only a couple of songs with a lot of copies in there to give the illusion of a bigger selection. Maybe it wasn't the same song over and over again, but I bet there were no more than 2 choices because that would just be too hard for the band.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;4101555;
    Imo, that is one of his funniest lines ever. I also have a hunch he suspected the producers were disappointed that there were no flops out of their little experiment.
    That's why I think next season it will turn into Insta-disaster. Everyone got appropriate (by the show's standards) songs, and no one flopped. In fact, I'd say all but 2 of the insta-dances were better than the first ones.

I do think they expected it to pose a bigger challenge, and for someone to crack. Look at all the trouble they went through with quad-cams and Brooke interviewing backstage. At least they got the CA/Maks spat out of it

I think the insta-dance was probably one of my favorite themes / gimmicks from all the seasons.
    Most really stepped up their game and it was very fun to watch.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

+ Reply to Thread