+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: 11/8 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Re: 11/8 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;4101000;
    Ok, Mark and Bristol are back and this looks like a repeat of the Monkey Dance. Was Len paid to say, "for a difficult dance, you did very well". Give me a break. And 2 8's and 1 "7". No way....
    Mark takes the blame for a misstep. I have to give the guy credit. He's really been extremely humble with her. He's showing a lot more class than his father ever does. And, I really think it's a stretch to consider Mark talking back to the judges. No way. All he did was tell them that he made the misstep; not his partner.
    If Bristol stays, it will be a shame, but not a surprise. There were already boos from the audience for Carrie Ann daring to give Ms. Palin some constructive criticism.
    Maks and Brandy coming up next.
    After reading upthread, I'm almost afraid to watch this.
    The dance was just OK; not as good as the first.
    I'm sorry, guys, but I didn't like Maks arguing with Carrie Ann and then with Len. I understand that he did not agree with Carrie Ann's or Len's assessment of what an instant dance meant. But, he could have made his point in a much more professional manner. I'm not one to normally defend Carrie Ann, but I do have to take her side on this.
    Maks just came across bitter and I'd hate to see his partner suffer because of his lack of class.
    And, his whole comment to Brooke was just off putting.
    Maks, sorry, but you're really not as great as you think you are.
    And, I've watched this show faithfully since inception.
    CA may not have true ballroom experience, but her comment really had nothing to do with lifts or her usual nonsense. And Len, whom I do respect, agreed. Maks was, once again, showing his over large ego. That was what incensed him - that Carrie Ann tried to tell him what he choreographed was not up to the first dance he did with Brandy. I think he knew it and that's why he got so enraged.
    This was one of my favorite nights of the season.
    I'm unhappy with Maks for making it all about him.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

I just finished watching a bit ago, and I have to agree with those who think Maks went overboard. I understand he's fed up with the judging/favoritism. Also understand he's fed up with the gimmicks. But still, for him, it's ultimately like a job evaluation. You wouldn't start yelling at your boss "Well, fine, give me a Below Average rating then!" over and over if they told you they didn't like X about what you were doing. Well, you could, but you would likely find yourself unemployed. Usually I find Carrie Ann to be useless as a judge and the most biased of the trio, but I did agree with the remark she made about wasted time. We'll see if it affects the outcome tomorrow or not. On AI, always seemed to me that whenever a contestant got particularly mouthy, they weren't long for the show.

Kyle did an amazing job with his jive! He is generally irritating to me (and it doesn't help that I dislike Lacey), but he was awesome. I hope he stays. Actually thought Bristol did a good job with her AT; she definitely acted more. The Samba was bad though, but not as awful as I expected.

And Jennifer has yet another injury. And the Sun rises in the East! Did anyone see her on The Tonight Show last Friday? I didn't, but a friend of mine did. She said the injuries were a topic yet again, and that Jennifer made some comment about the judges being hard on her. That seriously better have been a joke! That's just worthy if she was serious about that. She didn't deserve a 30 for the rumba; wobbly legs and not much charisma, IMO.

What the heck is the judges' problem with Kurt? It's like he can't do anything right. Anna has looked peeved for several weeks now, and I don't blame her. Considering he's the last athlete left standing, you'd think they would care about that part of their viewership at least a little. But they pick and nag him to death. I honestly don't understand that.

The obvious boot is Bristol, but I wouldn't mind one iota if Jennifer got the boot instead. I am sick and tired of hearing about every little thing she is going through (yes, partly the show's fault), and I'm also sick and tired of the fawning from the judges.

If I had to guess who'll go home though, I'd say it's between Kurt and Kyle, or possibly Brandy and Kyle. So hard to judge fanbase size at this point, especially since we don't really know whether or not voters of auf'd couples are still voting, and, if so, which couple they're voting for now. I would think some of Rick's votes went to Kurt, but who knows? I hope so! I want Kurt to stay!
    Last edited by VAgirl79; 11-09-2010 at 02:16 AM.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;4101004;
    CA may not have true ballroom experience, but her comment really had nothing to do with lifts or her usual nonsense. And Len, whom I do respect, agreed. Maks was, once again, showing his over large ego. That was what incensed him - that Carrie Ann tried to tell him what he choreographed was not up to the first dance he did with Brandy. I think he knew it and that's why he got so enraged.
    Another watcher since season 1? I don't even know if Bruno has true ballroom experience. I didn't hear Len's remark completely, but he looked like he didn't want to get in between that. Here we've had a practically non-debate filled season, minus Jennifer and Bristol at times, and Maks/CA give us something to discuss and close the season out with The way I took Maks's comment, and this may have just been coming from a fan who's overly frustrated with the bias and overscoring going on, is he was hint hinting at the frustration of someone like Bristol getting the scores she did, and has been, for doing nothing, while Kurt gets raked over the coals for breathing. Just my two cents I don't really think it had anything to do with CA saying it wasn't as good as his first dance, unless he was ticked at her nitpicking when the clunker got a free pass. I guess we won't be seeing anything below an 8 from now until the finale, unless someone completely bombs (even worse than Bristol). I didn't see it as Maks making it all about him at all. If anything, he was trying to stick up for Brandy. I don't think CA likes to be told she's wrong or given a different opinion. She seemed to have taken quite a beating on twitter following Audrina's ouster.

I think Brandy might go, but I'm thinking it'll be Kurt. At this point, though, I think it really is all about who's got the biggest fanbase, and if people are voting. Tomorrow night should be interesting.
    Last edited by karalott; 11-09-2010 at 02:28 AM.

I think Maks has had it and I can understand why. This season is a joke. Good dancers are leaving and worse ones are staying several weeks in a row now. People dance as gorillas and forget steps and get 8s and much better dancers score one point above that. Some dancers have to go first two times before others have to go first once even late in the season. Excuses are made because people are shy or whine while others never catch a break and are raked over the coals.

What it a smart thing for him to do? Prob not but I don't think he will go home this week. If he does show looks even worse given how things have gone down this season. My guess is they are completely safe but could be in bottom for drama. Only way to even partially salvage it is to have Jenn and Brandy in finale and one of them winning. For as good as Jenn has been I think Brandy might be outperforming her but my guess is Jenn still remains sentimental fave.

I hope Bristol goes but I doubt it happens. I will feel bad for Kurt or Kyle if they go but chances are good one will tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;4101004;

For Maks it was all about Brandy:

MaksimC: The testament to @4everBrandy 's strength is tonight's show! Even with CarrieAnn's unnecessary 'picking' Brandy SHINED! Very proud.......

MaksimC: Thank you all for the nice moments. I always take pride in what I do and felt like @4everBrandy 's effort was overlooked tonight. Sad......

FORT Fogey

I think the pros like Anna, Tony, Maks, Johnathon, and Louis are frustrated because they are exceptional dancers, but they are critiqued over and over. The problem is not them, but their inept partners they get almost every season. When they finally do get good ones that try like Audrina, the show does everything in their power to ouster them. Derek is an exceptional talent, but we get it we know it. The show really just sucks up to him. I think he brings in the younger demo in vast number, and they know that he can move on like his sister. I think they take a lot of the other pros for granted, and it makes the show tedious to watch.

I think it is time to change the format. I think each week the star should be assigned a random pro. That way the pros votes will not count, and people who are bad will not go as far. I do think Bristol and Kurt are the worst dancers left. However, I am on the side that they are both trying, and we cannot be better than our rhythm and musicality allows us. You cannot turn everyone into everything. If the show only wants stars that can dance, than they need to test them before casting them. It is not Bristol's fault that she is not as good as Jennifer at dancing. Is she overscored yes, but to be fair we would know who wins the mirrorball the first week every season if they only scored on dance ability alone. I do agree however, that they need to be more consistency in some fashion.

On another site someone did a season by season, and really some pros are screwed with their stars. I hate to say it, but Karina and Tony get the worst of it.

Perhaps Kurt's paying the price for his Christianity comments. it seems to have colored the judge's world where he is concerned. Sad but true.

FORT Fogey

I totally understand Maks irritation. They are there to judge the celebrities skill, not someting in the choreography they didn't like. This is an entertainment show and when the professionals spice up the routine it is for the joy of it. This is supposed to be fun Carrie Ann and Len! It is usually Len who grouses about anything that veers from a strict format. How boring would this show be without these touches? At least Len gave her a 10 and CA took off a point. It is time for a new female judge.

The show started to jump the shark for me when they played up that stupid showmance between Maks and Erin and then that totally inappropriate bed scene dance that they claimed was the "story of us" last season. All the while her with a trial going on for the peeping tom thing. That was just an awful parody. Sometimes people are just too eager to share too much information. Then after the show ended it was obvious there was nothing to a romance between them. That gets old. They do the same thing with Cheryl for many of the seasons. Don't these people have a personal life? Must they always be thought to be hooking up with their dance partner on a TV show that airs for a few weeks? Are Maks and Cheryl really that irresistible, desperate? Seems unprofessional and ridiculous.

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

This is the first time I've watched in quite a few weeks. I was wondering how things were progressing.

There are definitely huge problems with the judging.

In the opening numbers, I felt things were judged quite right, except Bristol was given marks far too high for what she did. Sixes and sevens were in order.

It was the insta-dance judging that was REALLY out to lunch... completely bizarre.
    Mark and Bristol: not good... I thought CA was the only one to judge them fairly (even a seven was a bit generous)
    Brandy and Maks: I didn't care for the choreography that much, but she danced it SO well. Two nines and a ten seemed right.
    Kyle and Lacey: He's light on his feet and the choreography was decent for that song. I think they did a fine job... if a bit messy. The marks were all right.
    Kurt and Anna: By far, Anna did the best job of mixing their dance moves to the new music! Every nuance of that song made sense to the moves of their dance. I really am quite amazed that she was able to pull that together in such a short time. Anna is a great partner, I think... she makes her partner look good! I thought their marks could have been higher.
    Jennifer and Derek: Nice dance overall... but they weren't dancing to the music they were given. Isn't that what this Insta dance is all about? Adjusting to the new music you are given and making it work? Because they failed at that. Sure, what they had put together was quite nice, but if it doesn't fit the music, what's all the tens all about? Also, the "balancing act" looked, unfortunately, just like that. They were shaking as they lifted their hands into a somewhat awkward pose. I don't know what the judges were seeing, but it looked awful and really didn't make much sense with the music unless the pose was "free" and graceful, not shaky.

The marks for Jennifer and Bristol in the insta-dance were what really threw the judging off kilter last night. I can understand Maks frustration with the judges after watching Derek mess up the choreography on his dance (by not making it fit with the music) and then get perfect tens... and then get raked by CA for not starting to dance right away. Please, if they're going to call out Maks for that, fine. But don't go praising Derek for an ugly balancing move and give him all tens. It's ridiculously unfair. RIDICULOUSLY.

+ Reply to Thread