+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: 11/8 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Re: 11/8 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Enjoyed Kurt and Anna.
    I do think that Kurt has really improved since Day 1. His posture and his movement is so much better. And, Anna looked just like a fairy princess in that gorgeous gown. I hope their scores are good.
    I have to say Bristol did do better. I still don't think she moves all that much, but compared to Day 1, she has shown a lot of improvement. And, that dress was very flattering.
    I could have done without the family footage of Sarah and Todd. Am I the only one who thinks those 2 look headed for divorce or separation. They definitely didn't look very happy to be together, IMO.
    Really enjoyed Brandy/Maks. That dance was just lovely. And, Brandy was great at the interpretation apect.
    Last edited by norealityhere; 11-09-2010 at 01:02 AM.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Kyle did his thing in that jive! In my humble opinion, he has earned his spot in the top 3 next to Brandi and Jennifer with that dance!

It'll be ashame should he leave before Kurt or Bristol!

BRISTOL has got to go!
    Keep your feet on the ground, when your heads in the clouds!

Kyle did a great job with that jive. I also think they benefitted from getting Good Golly, Miss Molly. That's got to be the perfect song for a jive like theirs.
    Does anybody know what's on the side of Lacey's rib cage? Was it a tattoo? I was curious as I've never seen one in that place before.
    From the first show, I've really enjoyed Kyle's ebullience. He's quite the showman and that set it off so well.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I'll second, third, fourth, fifth, sixth, and millionth it. She's a sweet girl, she's gained confidence, had a new experience, but at this point in season 8 Len said to the even sweeter, tried harder, got the scores he deserved Ty Murray he needed to hit the road. CA called Cloris out, and Len called Master P out for outlasting better dancers. Why not Bristol? They don't even need to be that mean, just don't overpraise her and stall with a bunch of hooey looking for a compliment.

Re-watching Maks/CA, I don't think it started as being a shouting fest, just Maks disagreeing with CA for docking them over something stupid (just like Mark was interrupting Bruno, I believe, saying whatever went wrong with Bristol was his fault), but it escalated. CA was pretty childish at the end. Both wanted the last word, and both wanted to be right. Brooke looked annoyed backstage, as she usually does with couples not partnered with Derek, when Maks kept going on. It beat Jennifer last week rambling on about Derek as a partner, which had even him confused. At least I don't have to worry with our pros that this becomes common, but hopefully CA's ego doesn't get overinflated over it since she's in the judges seat.

So now I'm back to thinking Jennifer's got this in the bag, Kyle makes the finals, we might have an unexpected, not planned surprise ouster in Brandy tomorrow, and Maks will get creamed in the media and online (even though I don't think it's his fault), and Kurt goes next week because they'll have it out for him even more after losing Audrina, Rick, and Brandy. Hopefully I'm wrong and Bristol finally hits the road. It's gone too far with her.

Just saw Jen and Derek's insta dance. Wow; that was great, too.
    So far tonight it seems like everyone is really stepping it up. As a viewer, I am happy.
    Karalott, I've not seen Maks / Brandy's insta dance yet, so I'm worried.
    I do think that Brandy deserves to be in the final 3.
    Kurt's up now.
    That was good, too. He's having a lot more fun this week and is definitely showing more personality.
    I'm actually liking this insta dance thing.
    Last edited by norealityhere; 11-09-2010 at 01:35 AM.

As a Kurt fan, it pains me to say it, but I think the final 3 should be Jennifer, Brandy, and Kyle. Though I won't say Kyle's been consistantly the best in comparision to the 2 girls, he has improved and his jive was the best dance of the night by far. It's probably the only dance I think deserved the scores it got, even though I missed the few seconds at the beginning (so I didn't see if there was any messing about or missteps). It'll probably be one of the few dances I'll remember fondly from this season.

I think the insta-dance screwed up Kurt and Brandy worse than I thought. Kyle impressed me greatly, as I stated above, Bristol was as horrible and overmarked as ever, and Jennifer did what I figured. I think given proper practice time, even with those songs, it would have gone better. I think Maks might have taken the general idea to heart and everyone else really brought it. It wasn't a horrible dance, it was the spat afterward that I'm worried about (which I'm thinking will get blown out of proportion-since we've been discussing it and I re-watched it once, I'm already thinking it's not a huge deal).

FORT Fan

OK it's been 2 1/2 hours and I've finally calmed down enough, and removed the shattered remains of my TV to comment on the evening.

1) Kyle/Lacey - he did great. OK, he's not "polished", but he is fun, dedicated and his enthusiasm is infectious. However, how he remains positive with Lacey berating and yelling at him is beyond me. I know, she said it's not personal, but imagine if it's Tony or Maks on tape screaming at their partners and calling them names. Double standard. People with huge behinds shouldn't throw stones in glass houses - or something like that.

2) Jennifer/Derek - omg - please quit with the whining and sympathy footage. The show must really be worried about her fan base or something. I don't doubt she is in pain, but enough. I fully agree with whomever said this is her "script". They danced just fine, but 3 10's? No. Derek took a page from Mark's book and overdanced around her like a mad man. Note to the judges - IT'S NOT ABOUT DEREK. YOU AREN'T SCORING HIM, YOU ARE SCORING HIS PARTNER.

3) Kurt/Anna - obviously the producers/judges are miffed that their plan to take him out last week failed, and that their (inexplicable) fave, Rick, went instead. He did great tonight. Anna was so proud of him. No, he's not the best, but how disrespectful for a couple of the 'judges" to feel the need to drag him down by saying that. He is one who absolutely HAS shown improvement since week 1. I hope he foils their plans again this week.

4) Bristol/Mark - I cannot believe she still has not had to go first! WTH?? Really - did we need Mama again this week in the footage? Doesn't she have something she should be doing, like keeping an eye on Russia from her house, or reading a newspaper or something? Joking aside, I'm sure Bristol is a nice, funny girl. I do not have any respect for her dancing. She absolutely LUMBERED throughout that AT. Poor thing had to clamber up onto a chair for Mark to be able to lift her. And that samba! Bristol looks like she is doing one of those "Learn To Dance" videos with the footprints on the floor.
    A - 1, 2, 3 - point to the sky
    B - 4, 5, 6 - point to the right
    C - 7, 8, 9 - point to the audience and shimmy
    D - Repeat

Complete and utter overscoring again!! In her first dance she was so much worse than Kurt. The second - omg - disaster. And no, Mark, it was not your fault. You simply overdanced around her as usual and she was dizzy from it.

5) Brandy/Maks - loved the first dance so much. She did great. No one can ever say she doesn't "emote". WTH was with CA and her "neck" comment? Geez, if you have to dig down and stretch that far to be critical, who can blame Maks for getting tee'd off? Pathetic. The second dance was very good, not as good as the first, but did not deserve the pathetic attempt to show them up as CA did. Good for Maks for shouting down that harpy!!!

I am pretty much through with this season. The blatant manipulation by producers, and the favoritism by judges is just laughable. This is the "jumped the shark" season for sure.
    Last edited by fluff; 11-09-2010 at 09:54 AM.

At the beginning of the season I was all set to root for Jennifer. But after the drama they show over her 'health' each show... only to have her dance perfectly, not to mention the peppy skip down the stairs in the show's opening in high heels, I have just soured on her. I have knee trouble, I have a neuroma on my foot-- no shot in the world could get me through the routines she does so effortlessly. I'm not buying it. Not a fan at all. Put Baby in the corner for all I care. (not said to offend Jennifer fans-- but she is an actress after all)

I can understand the frustration Maks feels in dealing with the ex-fly girl turned ballroom expert. I was secretly applauding him for talking back to CA, but I hope it doesn't hurt them in the end.

Poor Kurt! The judges have either been told, or really do have it in for him. He deserves better.

Kyle is a joy to watch! Not perfect, but entertaining as all get out and he tries so hard.

Bristol has no musicality poor thing. I give her alot of credit for not giving up, but she needs to go this week.
    Last edited by stcroix1; 11-09-2010 at 02:14 AM.

Ok, Mark and Bristol are back and this looks like a repeat of the Monkey Dance. Was Len paid to say, "for a difficult dance, you did very well". Give me a break. And 2 8's and 1 "7". No way....
    Mark takes the blame for a misstep. I have to give the guy credit. He's really been extremely humble with her. He's showing a lot more class than his father ever does.
    If Bristol stays, it will be a shame, but not a surprise. There were already boos from the audience for Carrie Ann daring to give Ms. Palin some constructive criticism.
    Maks and Brandy coming up next.
    After reading upthread, I'm almost afraid to watch this.
    The dance was just OK; not as good as the first.
    I'm sorry, guys, but I didn't like Maks arguing with Carrie Ann and then with Len. I understand that he did not agree with Carrie Ann's or Len's assessment of what an instant dance meant. But, he could have made his point in a much more professional manner. I'm not one to normally defend Carrie Ann, but I do have to take her side on this.
    Maks just came across bitter and I'd hate to see his partner suffer because of his lack of class.
    And, his whole comment to Brooke was just off putting.
    Maks, sorry, but you're really not as great as you think you are.

Quote Originally Posted by TiaMaria62;4100996;
    OK it's been 2 1/2 hours and I've finally calmed down enough, and removed the shattered remains of my TV to comment on the evening.

I am pretty much through with this season. The blatant manipulation by producers, and the favoritism by judges is just laughable. This is the "jumped the shark" season for sure.
    I feel your pain, but I had to at your first paragraph. Let me just say I 100% agree with your entire post, even though I cut the bulk of it out. I can only hope that hope really does spring eternal, and next season is better. Less predictable, not written out plain as day what the outcome will be (the one thing that ruined season 10 for me), less manipulation, not any stunt casting, a more balanced cast, different pros lucking out (and a certain blonde finally getting his Florence/Margaret/Kate type). If Brandy went tomorrow, it would take a lot for me to tune in the next 2 weeks. I don't really even care for her, personally, but am enjoying her partnership with Maks. And I'm loving Kurt/Anna. I wonder if Anna's team spirit tonight was more a jab at how much they need the fans and know they aren't going to get any love from the judges. Kurt's cha cha wasn't good, but Bristol getting 2 8s like he did? Insane. I'm sure Anna's gotta be ticked. It bugs me that this season is getting decent ratings, though I doubt the Sarah Palin fans keeping Bristol in will be back next time. So I wonder who will fill that void?

I'll agree to disagree on the Maks/CA situation. I don't think either was technically in the right, but given how one sided the judging panel is, she had it coming. Her especially, because she's the worst of the 3. What's happening to Brandy is what happened to Audrina. Brandy deserved a perfect score for her foxtrot last week, and deserved more kudos this week. So I can understand the frustration when your celeb gives it all she's got and is good, but gets ding on minor technalities, when someone like Bristol gets 8s because she's Bristol. It's obvious the 'applause' sign was on after the dance, given the smattering of clapping, the 'boo' sign came on, given the lack of booing, and that the judges were stalling and reaching for compliments. I don't agree that Maks should have cut her off, but I think he wanted his say, and unfortuantely that was the only way he was going to get it. CA wasn't going to give him the opportunity and we know Brooke wouldn't, either. I'm just glad we have Tom to add humor to these situations.

I saw Louis van Amstel in the audience tonight. He didn't seem overly happy.

+ Reply to Thread