+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: 11/8 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Re: 11/8 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by chrisg;4100921;
    I think the thing with Jennifer is a script DWTS wrote so there will be some doubt about whether she will win or not.
    I 100% agree with this explanation. I just hope they don't screw over Maks in the final if it comes down to Brandy and Jennifer. They did this last season where they always accentuated Evan and Nicole's peership, alternating them at the top of the leaderboard. They'll throw in a 3rd person, who possibly on the first night of the finale, bumps one of them out of the top 2 spots but the designated season winner, set from pre-season, wins on cue.

I hope, however, that Brandy is the one they want to win this season.

I think I'm going to have to break my voting for Dallas Cowboys only rule on DWTS and vote for Kurt. I don't want him to go!
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

Quote Originally Posted by dougrayfan;4100856;
    Maks so needs to know how to sell his dance. That was the first thing tonight that I loved. Beautiful, just beautiful. And, I"m not necessarily a Brandy fan (she's a bit artificial, ala Mya).
    Oh, bad typing! That should be that Maks so knows how to sell his dance! Yikes, that typing just didn't look good.

And I have to say, I LOVED that he took on Carrie Ann tonight. She really needs to step back from her obvious favorites (and those truly not her favorite).
    Last edited by dougrayfan; 11-08-2010 at 10:19 PM.
    "Grammar is the bus that carries the words, without it they have to walk, and get very confused on the way." Unknown

"My best friend is a person who will give me a book I have not read." Abraham Lincoln

I think Mak's frustration is that he's tired of the uneven scoring or the fawning over the favorites. Let's face it Derek has gotten away with much more when the others get called out for it. I don't know that it was the right forum for him to express his opinion, but then again he's always been outspoken, and that's one of the things I love about him Hope he wins this season!

Jenn was good but very posey. She still looked beautiful in the dance due to her killer bod. Wasn't one of Maks's better dances but it was still one of the best of the night. If anyone can beat Jenn they have the best shot.

Kyle was great in both dances. I could see him in finale and deserving it. Kurt will get a 24 no matter what he does. They have him stuck there. Bristol's second dance wasn't good. She forgot steps and was waiting on Mark but still gets 8s.

Mark Ballas deserves a complete set of medals for all the weeks he has coaxed a dance of sorts out of Bristol. The poor girl has zero self confidence, zero sense of adventure or fun. It's actually sad. I feel bad for her. I was really hoping this would help her out but it's going to be awhile I think she PTSD from her life of the past few years.

Quote Originally Posted by jucamer;4100928;
    Carrie Ann is always after Maks - he finally snapped
    Her comment was perfectly valid. He was rude to just keep talking over her and cop a snotty attitude.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Maks looks extra yummy tonight.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I normally don't care for the back and forth between the judges and couples-but where CA is concerned, I more than welcome her being put in her place. I doubt this will bode well for Maks and his detractors or fans on the line, but I'm sure he's not the only one feeling it. I'd be ticked if I were Kurt and actually danced, rather than had my partner hang onto me and shake in the middle of the floor, and still got the same overall score. It's a joke, and it's obvious. I know the show goes for this bickering.

Unless you're last name is Hough or CA has a crush on you or you aren't a traditional ballroom pro but take the flashy route, you're on the outs with her and Bruno at times. The show needs to re-vamp it's judging policy. I only care what Len has to say. CA was acting just as childish. Maks is the only one who dares say anything, which is why I like him so much Some pros get away with anything, and others get dinged. Then when they get voted off, it's America's fault. Now I have Brandy to worry about, too, but I won't blame Maks for it.

I wish Maks hadn't done that, but I don't blame him. This whole season is leaving me unimpressed, and the finale can't get here soon enough for me. Bristol getting that score tonight for her samba was a joke. That was a dance that Kate would have pulled off. The producers are digging the hole for this show.

Quote Originally Posted by Max64;4100935;
    I think Mak's frustration is that he's tired of the uneven scoring or the fawning over the favorites. Let's face it Derek has gotten away with much more when the others get called out for it. I don't know that it was the right forum for him to express his opinion, but then again he's always been outspoken, and that's one of the things I love about him Hope he wins this season!
    I've read that the couples are encouraged to disagree with the judges during the comments, but most just stand and listen. Like last season, when he threw his shirt at Len, Maks' outburst will have the desired effect: media blitz. He'll not only be questioned about it, as Brooke did, in his post-show interviews, but I would wager that entertainment media outlets will run it tomorrow as "Maks vs. CA Feud." It'll get them more attention, and it could bring them major votes. He and Brandy had very adorable edits this week, so I can see them primping them for the finale.

Maks does polarize viewers: love him or hate him. I adore his outspokenness, though sometimes I wish I could slap him

I could also see the show using this week as Brandy's first week in bottom two, blaming it on Maks' outburst. Oh, Maks.
    Last edited by veg_out; 11-08-2010 at 10:13 PM.

+ Reply to Thread