+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: 11/2 Results Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 11/2 Results Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;4096850;
    I agree. It could be a coincidence, but they might have figured that'd lead to more allegations of things being rigged, manipulated, the judges being told what to say and how to act (more so than usual). I think they would have lost major credibility, and since Bristol's safe, people might be asking whether she's getting helped along by the producers.

Couple going home: Rick/Cheryl

I can live with that Can we get Eliza next season?

Kara - what is Eliza's claim to fame?

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by jucamer;4096863;
    Yes I know about the editing so she probably complained twice as much as what is shown. It is her fault that she's on the show - no one twisted her arm to be on it. Did anyone ever hear Buzz Aldrin complain?? It doesn't matter what the age - she is looking for sympathy and it is getting very tiresome....
    He might have, but the producers didn't want any sympathy garnered towards him. I'm over that edit. I didn't like Nicole's last season when she whined about being an artist. I hate when Maks gets a negative edit so he can be the overbearing "bad boy" (and thank god he got rid of that ponytail and mullet). I hate Mark's mugging and Derek being OTT, but that's what they show us, so that's what we have to go on. I wasn't a Jennifer fan coming in, but am even less of one now. She's not somebody I'd follow after this.

Kara - what is Eliza's claim to fame?
    She'd be perfect for Tony. She's also Albanian Eliza's done a bunch of different things. On TV, she was on Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Angel, Tru Calling, and Dollhouse (both shows cancelled before their time). Movies she was in Wrong Turn and Bring it On (to name a few, she goes back to the early 90s).
    Last edited by karalott; 11-02-2010 at 09:56 PM.

This is getting ridiculous! Bristol needs to go. Somewhere, the show has to stop the insanity since the Tea Party Bloc won't rest til she's won. I fear, however, that such unfair eliminations might continue all the way to the semi-finals or finale since I don't think the show wants to pull the plug on her yet. When the board opens again, I'll post an article that I read today in which Conrad Green makes regular mention of Bristol Palin. She's, no doubt, drawing in big bucks for them. If she can do it next week and til the end of the season, they'll let others be sacrificed regardless of their better dancing ability. It won't go down as the season of the ringer, but it will go down as the season of insanity.

I'm not Rick's biggest fan (I did really enjoy him in the early weeks), but he shoulda probably made it to the quarter-, if not semi-, finals.

Sad.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;4096868;
    He might have, but the producers didn't want any sympathy garnered towards him. I'm over that edit. I didn't like Nicole's last season when she whined about being an artist. I hate when Maks gets a negative edit so he can be the overbearing "bad boy" (and thank god he got rid of that ponytail and mullet). I hate Mark's mugging and Derek being OTT, but that's what they show us, so that's what we have to go on. I wasn't a Jennifer fan coming in, but am even less of one now. She's not somebody I'd follow after this.

I liked Jennifer before this show. I knew I probably wouldn't vote for her because I really can't stand Derek, but I liked her. After the first show and her "crying" about Patrick I lost any good feeling I had. You are right about the bad boy edit Maks always gets that is so over done now.....

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;4096802;
    Her name is Peta. She's been on the results show quite a bit this season. I think in the past, too, she's taken part quite a bit. I remember her from last season.
    I also think that Peta is Damian's girlfriend.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;4096868;

She'd be perfect for Tony. She's also Albanian Eliza's done a bunch of different things. On TV, she was on Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Angel, Tru Calling, and Dollhouse (both shows cancelled before their time). Movies she was in Wrong Turn and Bring it On (to name a few, she goes back to the early 90s).

Huh?? LMAO Nothing I have ever watched...

Wow -- am I watching ABC or FOX News???
    One might think 1 particular political party was in charge of the voting on the show.

When someone analyzes the plot lines of reality shows regarding specific contestants (& with NO malice), sometimes the comments disappear. Rick & Cheryl were exponentially better than some couples that were safe.
    And is Kyle receiving lower scores because he's eating In-N-Out burgers (self- admitantly) and not losing weight like other contestants with this rigorous workout schedule?

I will not split my votes next week. I will vote for the most talented couple that may be on the chopping block.

Quote Originally Posted by dannape;4096846;
    The thing i remember her for the most is "ace ventura, pet detective" and actually these days, she is playing an evil witch on young and the restless.
    BladeRunner.
    "You have to remember, sometimes your `buddy' isn't really your `buddy' in this game." -Donny

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by veg_out;4096869;
    This is getting ridiculous! Bristol needs to go. Somewhere, the show has to stop the insanity since the Tea Party Bloc won't rest til she's won. I fear, however, that such unfair eliminations might continue all the way to the semi-finals or finale since I don't think the show wants to pull the plug on her yet. When the board opens again, I'll post an article that I read today in which Conrad Green makes regular mention of Bristol Palin. She's, no doubt, drawing in big bucks for them. If she can do it next week and til the end of the season, they'll let others be sacrificed regardless of their better dancing ability. It won't go down as the season of the ringer, but it will go down as the season of insanity.

I'm not Rick's biggest fan (I did really enjoy him in the early weeks), but he shoulda probably made it to the quarter-, if not semi-, finals.

Sad.
    However, even if she got lower scores and yet tremendously high fan votes that still would not help another contestant who had a higher score but just simply didn't have enough fan votes.

Scoring Bristol even a 4 isn't going to help some of the others get more fan votes.

People sound frustrated because others leave while she stays, and granted they dance better, but scoring her lower just very well not be the answer to helping someone else get to stay longer if that person does not get enough fan votes when Bristol does.

Bristol has to take responsibility for her dancing, but does she have to take responsibility when someone else leaves if that person had a higher judges' score than she did but just didn't get enough fan votes?

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by jucamer;4096872;
    Huh?? LMAO Nothing I have ever watched...
    Yeah, she's not well known by name, she's one you kind of had to follow or at least watch once. I was a Buffy Girl going way back, and loved Tru Calling and Dollhouse. I remember when Lisa Rinna did this show, the next season her hubby Harry Hamlin did it as well. So I'm hoping Eliza shows up. And how about Buffy herself, Sarah Michelle Gellar and her husband Freddie Prinze, jr?

I don't really see where ratings are any better/worse because of Bristol. Maybe compared to season 9, this time last year, but that had the 16 couple/practically unknown cast/drawn out episodes/Osmond effect. I know the point is to get people watching and hope they're around even if Bristol isn't, but what if they aren't? And if regular viewers are fed up and tune out. I worry for next season what we'll get. I never thought I'd start to miss Mike and his arrogant smirk.

+ Reply to Thread