+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: 11/2 Results Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 11/2 Results Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by jucamer;4096893;
    I remember her being in No Way Out with Kevin Costner & she was also arrested for stalking James Woods I think???
    OMGosh, I forgot about that! Not so much crazy for stalking , but crazy for stalking James Woods!
    Which reminds me, didn't she do some sort of crazy audition for the part of Catwoman in the original Batman
    movie?
    Okay, why do I know so much about this woman?
    " I have a simple outlook-leave every person I meet with a smile on their face."-Donny

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;4096928;
    While Rick has not been my favorite on this show, I do think he should have stayed over Bristol.
    Who is voting for this woman, anyway??!!
    She is now free to drag that gangly body of hers across the stage once again!
    L*rd have mercy.
    I would think the tea party people, Sarah Palin supporters and people who want to annoy me.
    " I have a simple outlook-leave every person I meet with a smile on their face."-Donny

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by TiaMaria62;4097202;
    heeeheeeheee. I think CA went home, drank herself silly, and cried herself to sleep!
    Well, she's definitely called it "the most shocking elimination ever" (wonder what Sabrina Bryan has to say about that). With all the gushing and love she kept throwing Rick's way, maybe Eliza threw her votes like a madwoman to get him out of her grasp. I wouldn't trust CA Rick's ouster was a surprise, but the most shocking ever? Not exactly.

I was more shocked by Audrina leaving only because she was the better dancer. Rick leaving was shocking because Audrina's boot seemed to be the shocker of the season and it felt like we were done with that crap. Having Rick leave on her heels was surprising and unsettling.

Sabrina however was more shocking than the both of these were. She really could have not just contended but won the whole thing. She is also the first really huge shocker we had on show so it still sticks out. We still use it even after all these seasons...I wonder who will be the Sabrina this season, could be a Sabrina week, etc.

FORT Fogey

I would have thought that after Sabrina was eliminated, that would have given the producers enough motivation to change the voting in some way ... for example, to make the judges' votes count for more. It's ludicrous for contestants like Bristol to knock out much more talented dancers, and I'm sure she feels uncomfortable about it, as well. What if a huge majority of voters decided it would be funny to keep voting for one of the worst dancers all the way to the semifinals or even finals ... sort of the Sanjaya of DWTS (but worse).

Quote Originally Posted by redsox girl;4097549;
    OMGosh, I forgot about that! Not so much crazy for stalking , but crazy for stalking James Woods!
    Which reminds me, didn't she do some sort of crazy audition for the part of Catwoman in the original Batman
    movie?
    Okay, why do I know so much about this woman?
    Who did this?

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky22;4097615;
    I would have thought that after Sabrina was eliminated, that would have given the producers enough motivation to change the voting in some way ... for example, to make the judges' votes count for more. It's ludicrous for contestants like Bristol to knock out much more talented dancers, and I'm sure she feels uncomfortable about it, as well. What if a huge majority of voters decided it would be funny to keep voting for one of the worst dancers all the way to the semifinals or even finals ... sort of the Sanjaya of DWTS (but worse).
    That was what I think was the case of Master P. The judges finally whipped out the 2 paddles (I believe the only contestant whose ever gotten below a 3) and he was sent packing. Len even went into a tirade about how unfair it was to everyone involved. However, times have changed, ratings speak, and I don't think they'd blast Bristol. Lord knows they've had plenty of opportunities. I'd be fine with Len getting more power, but CA and Bruno? I don't trust them, and I don't trust the producers. I know they had the dance off seasons 8 and 9, but it didn't quite work out how I think they expected. Bristol might feel uncomfortable, especially if she feels bad that better dancers are leaving and she starts taking flack. Jerry Springer and Billy Ray began asking to get voted off rather than stick around over better dancers.

yes, I remember that Kara and also remember George Hamilton saying on Larry King that if he hadn't been voted off that week he was thinking about taking a baseball bat to his knees, he was just ready to go but kept being saved but then to his relief he finally got zapped.

Quote Originally Posted by ChelsieFan;4097601;
    I was more shocked by Audrina leaving only because she was the better dancer. Rick leaving was shocking because Audrina's boot seemed to be the shocker of the season and it felt like we were done with that crap. Having Rick leave on her heels was surprising and unsettling.

Sabrina however was more shocking than the both of these were. She really could have not just contended but won the whole thing. She is also the first really huge shocker we had on show so it still sticks out. We still use it even after all these seasons...I wonder who will be the Sabrina this season, could be a Sabrina week, etc.

I agree CF - Sabrina's was the most shocking elimination to date. She was the front runner that season and although I didn't really care for her, I was floored when she went home. CA is crazy to even put Rick's departure in the same light - not even close...

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;4097620;
    Len even went into a tirade about how unfair it was to everyone involved. However, times have changed, ratings speak, and I don't think they'd blast Bristol. Lord knows they've had plenty of opportunities. I'd be fine with Len getting more power, but CA and Bruno? I don't trust them, and I don't trust the producers.
    See, that's my problem with Bristol-gate as it's becoming. Her presence on the show really has less to do with fairness and more to do with the producers and voter support for her name. Bristol did surprise me the very first week, and she has had momentary breakthroughs, but she consistently performs sub-par, and we're at week 7. The judges, including Len, continue to praise her, when, at times, she really should get 5s or less. As long as the show wants what she helps to sell, they'll continue to coach the judges to give certain scores/comments. I really will not be shocked if Bristol makes it into the semi-finals and even, the finals. The show will need to make a decision at that point: let her win or create a gimmick so that she can't. Last season, the judges knew going into night 2 where all 3 of those couples stood in the viewers' results, and they scored them exactly as they needed for Nicole to win. It's really up to what the show wants.

I'd love to hope that this instant-dance is a gimmick to separate the men from the boys, and that Bristol can't manage it such that for the judges to score her high would be ludicrous.

This season really is such a departure from last season, and the new demographic that they're trying to win is written all over every gimmick they implement.

+ Reply to Thread