+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: 11/2 Results Show Discussion **Spoilers**

FORT Fan

Re: 11/2 Results Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by anders332;4097055;
    I give up trying to understand this show - I did notice CA was absolutely agape in surprise that Rick was eliminated.
    heeeheeeheee. I think CA went home, drank herself silly, and cried herself to sleep!

FORT Fan

On ABC Chicago they were interviewing someone (a reporter ) at the show, next day - and he was talking that Jennifer's dad was there, and he was going to perform, the reporter also said that Jennifer's dad had tears in his eyes and told people he didnt know Jennifer could dance!

Quote Originally Posted by Oceansands;4097144;

This same scenario could also apply to Kelly Osbourne last year. She didn't deserve to come in third when better dancers were eliminated. Bristol should have already been gone I thought "Situation" was a better dancer, bad as he was. He at least tried Bristol doesn't seem to even try. The judges will never be fair they do as they are told by the producers. The show wants ratings and don't necessarily care what viewers think as long as they are making money. I seriously doubt Bristol or Kelly give a rat's butt that better dancers went before them.
    I think the producers will only start to care about results when a less talented dancer wins.
    I think it has happened a couple of times, but both times the winner was still credible. IMO, a Palin win would not be.
    We all know it's a popularity contest and a lot of cheesy fun, but I still think the producers want a reasonbly good dancer to win.
    If Bristol was to finish third behind Jennifer and Brandy (in whatever order), she'd still have placed too high, but at least a good dancer would have won.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Quote Originally Posted by angelmum3;4097203;
    On ABC Chicago they were interviewing someone (a reporter ) at the show, next day - and he was talking that Jennifer's dad was there, and he was going to perform, the reporter also said that Jennifer's dad had tears in his eyes and told people he didnt know Jennifer could dance!

I've been wondering if he'd make an appearance - and we're going to get a performance as well......
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;4097210;
    I think the producers will only start to care about results when a less talented dancer wins.
    I think it has happened a couple of times, but both times the winner was still credible. IMO, a Palin win would not be.
    We all know it's a popularity contest and a lot of cheesy fun, but I still think the producers want a reasonbly good dancer to win.
    If Bristol was to finish third behind Jennifer and Brandy (in whatever order), she'd still have placed too high, but at least a good dancer would have won.
    They won't let it get that far. Also, we have seen how the judges control the outcome when it gets down to the final one and two. The way that it is set up, they really do it to manipulate that.
    Imo, if she got anywhere close, it would only be third.

I think the Rick Fox elimination is telling when you see his thread on FORT and there are no new posts. The fact appears to be that he just didn't have the fan support to stay. That doesn't mean that I think Bristol should continue on to the finals, but this show has always said, "vote for who you want to see next week." I've never heard anyone say, "vote for the best dancer."
    Rick really bugged me and, though he may have been maginally better than Bristol, he didn't have the votes to stay.
    I, personally, am less upset about her staying this week when Rick went home than I was last week when Audrina left.

Quote Originally Posted by Beachmom;4096896;
    She is an advocate for promoting abstinence for teens. She herself is no longer a teen. She works with a home for unwed teenage mothers and is actually pretty well thought of for the work she does. She goes to schools and gives talks about it too. That makes her a "teen activist." A lot of young girls are voting for her because she went on the show with no fame and no experience, seeming so out of place, and tried to give it all she could. That may or may not be right, but the girls I know who are around her age vote for her. They also voted for Audrina and Mike.

I think I'll pass on SWTS - unless Evan is one of the judges. I wonder who they will be. If anyone wants to see a steamy movie with Sean Young, rent No Way Out, also starring Kevin Costner. My husband brought it home one night - oh, my!

I'm really torn about Jennifer. I'm tired too of all of her complaining. She says she is hurting so much, then she goes out and nails her dance. My daughter thinks she couldn't do what she does if she was in that much pain. I don't know. Personally, I'm not a fan of her or Brandy. I was hoping Audrina and Tony would make it to the top. At this point, I don't care. I originally thought Rick would be the last guy to leave at #2 or #3. That theory is out the door now! I've always thought Jennifer would win, with Brandy second. I still think that.

Is next week's "instant dance" a first?
    No fame or experience?? Really??
    I believe she had seen more time in front of a camera prior to this show than any 'teen' or unwed mother I know. After all, it is called Dancing with the 'STARS'.

This same scenario could also apply to Kelly Osbourne last year. She didn't deserve to come in third when better dancers were eliminated. Bristol should have already been gone I thought "Situation" was a better dancer, bad as he was. He at least tried Bristol doesn't seem to even try. The judges will never be fair they do as they are told by the producers. The show wants ratings and don't necessarily care what viewers think as long as they are making money. I seriously doubt Bristol or Kelly give a rat's butt that better dancers went before them.

When they were showing past contestants (Monday) I saw Jake Pavelka in the audience grinning from ear to ear. I could have bitch slapped him.
    Helio had a short interview on ET with Jake last night. Helio said something like here is Jake Pavelka who had all the girls screaming over him. Then he asked Jake if they were still screaming, and Jake paused first and then said "Yes" - turned toward the camera and gave a cheesy smile.

Funny but now that the paps are not following Jake around anymore he has basically disappeared from our tv screens. You know that he was thrilled to be asked to be a part of last nights show. I would be willing to bet that he isn't getting many acting gigs these days.

I'm shocked that Kate wasn't in the audience this week. Taking the babes out for Halloween must've kept her on the right coast.....
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

When they were showing past contestants (Monday) I saw Jake Pavelka in the audience grinning from ear to ear. I could have bitch slapped him.

LMAO me too Ocean - that guy creeps me out and what's wrong with his new girlfriend? Didn't she see the televised train wreck showing what a wacko he really is????

+ Reply to Thread